Think You Have What It Takes?

Started by NIN, January 07, 2016, 10:02:15 PM

NIN

http://www.capmembers.com/cap_national_hq/recruiting_and_retention/?recruiting_material_repository&show=entry&blogID=1669

Bottom line up front: I'm building a repository of field-produced materials for use by other units around the country. Building on the idea that none of us is as smart (or as skilled) as all of us, the the concept is to put easily reproduceable and actionable materials within unit's grasp.  Don't have a killer graphic designer in the unit? Hey, the Radar O'Reilly Cadet Squadron in Attumwa, Iowa does, and he's created some of the greatest stuff ever, and now you can use it.

Go get 'em, tiger!
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SAREXinNY

GREAT!!

So where do we go to view the actual 'library?'

SarDragon

Well, considering the good light colonel just posted ghat today, I doubt there's not much there yet. Patience, Padawan.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Nuke52

Quote from: NIN on January 07, 2016, 10:02:15 PM
the Radar O'Reilly Cadet Squadron in Attumwa, Iowa
Nice!  I'm stealing this.

But I do have to correct you on one point:

QuoteBuilding on the idea that none of us is as smart (or as skilled) as all of us, ...
;D ;D;D ;D

[/thread hijack]
Lt Col
Wilson Awd

SAREXinNY

Quote from: SarDragon on January 08, 2016, 12:56:34 AM
Well, considering the good light colonel just posted ghat today, I doubt there's not much there yet. Patience, Padawan.

I wasn't expecting much today...but guess I have to spell it out what I was really asking...

Will we eventually have access to the submissions?  If so, how?  Where?

Fubar

This is an excellent idea. Helping the membership avoid re-inventing the wheel is one of NHQ's primary tasks (IMHO) and this handles that nicely.

jeders

Considering that 90% of my recruiting stuff I stole from NIN when CS was around, I doubt I'll be able to add much to the repository. However, I look forward to seeing what other people do submit.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

LSThiker

NIN

I was making that up as I was going along (it's -hard- to make up new unit names... I can only use the Podunk Cadet Sq in Pocatello, Idaho so many times before their squadron commander complains)

The repository will eventually exist in the Recruiting and Retention section on capmembers.com. I am learning how to do things in the content management system besides just blog posts. I could either post a bunch of my stuff first, or ask for submissions and then have more things to organize, so I decided to get the pipeline rolling while I build the page.

Soon. Very soon.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.