Main Menu

Civies

Started by shlebz, April 21, 2012, 12:06:34 AM

shlebz

has anybody out there made/designed any really cool CAP sweatshirts or T-shirts? The ones on Vanguard aren't the best to say the least, and i was hoping to find a really cool one online available for purchase. Any ideas? Besides the obivous choice of attempting to make my own lol.
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

Extremepredjudice

My squadron has 2 PT shirts. One black, the other grey/white.

It has the squadron logo on the front, and CIVIL AIR PATROL on that back
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

The CyBorg is destroyed

There is some CAP stuff available here...but a fair bit of it is unit specific:

http://shop.cafepress.com/civil-air-patrol

http://www.zazzle.com/civil+air+patrol+gifts

Some of it is kind of cool.

I'm surprised VG hasn't tried to shut it down.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

CAP4117

^ I liked the "find" ribbon pajamas.  ;D

RADIOMAN015

It's a legal question now for many apparel and/or other service companies whether the name CIVIL AIR PATROL can legally be placed on any type of merchandise whether it is clothing or novelty items cups, key chains, etc. without the explicit approval from National Headquarters Civil Air Patrol.    We all saw what happen to the Hawk Shop regarding this >:( :(.

I think the safest thing to get screen printed (colors or one color) on a Tshirt would be your squadron's patch.  I know ours doesn't say Civil Air Patrol on it so it wouldn't be an issue.   IF you use different colored Tshirts you may have adjust the colors that you are utilizing (screen print could just be white also a dark colored shirt).

RM     

Sgt. Fischer

MY squadron is taking our squadron patch, and sewing it onto a black t-shirt.

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

PHall

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on April 27, 2012, 06:21:18 PM
MY squadron is taking our squadron patch, and sewing it onto a black t-shirt.

That's an expensive way of doing it.  Silk screening would be much easier and cheaper.

Eclipse

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on April 21, 2012, 05:31:11 PM
It's a legal question now for many apparel and/or other service companies whether the name CIVIL AIR PATROL can legally be placed on any type of merchandise whether it is clothing or novelty items cups, key chains, etc. without the explicit approval from National Headquarters Civil Air Patrol.    We all saw what happen to the Hawk Shop regarding this

There's a big difference between a 3rd party, for-profit company selling items with CAP indices and insignia, and members creating logowear and
similar items for their own use.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

There's also a difference between vendors making CAP items for general sale and a CAP unit (squadron or otherwise) purchasing or commissioning items with the CAP name, logo, seal, etc. on them.  CAPR 900-2 permits units to use the name and emblems.

So Store X can't make CAP t-shirts on their own and start selling them, but Fillable Composite Squadron can order t-shirts from Store X with CAP stuff all over them if they want.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

commando1

I had some shirts custom made with my unit name and my name/rank and Search and Rescue on the back. I like it because it identifies me with CAP even when I don't have my blouse on.
Non Timebo Mala

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: commando1 on April 28, 2012, 03:11:57 AM
I had some shirts custom made with my unit name and my name/rank and Search and Rescue on the back. I like it because it identifies me with CAP even when I don't have my blouse on.

Well, Don't you have to get a new shirt every time to rank up?  :P

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 01, 2012, 06:11:05 PM

What is "rank up"?

For 2/3rds of the CAP Membership promotions don't come in 60 day time periods.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 01, 2012, 07:53:02 PM

What is "rank up"?

That would be the Battlefield/Call of Duty way of saying "promote" :angel:.

Sgt. Fischer

What is "rank up"?

Every time you get a new rank. You said it had you name and rank on it, if you got a new rank, wouldn't you have to change it?

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

titanII

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 01, 2012, 09:26:00 PM
Every time you get a new rank. You said it had you name and rank on it, if you got a new rank, wouldn't you have to change it?
Assuming commando1 is a Senior Member (am I wrong in assuming so?), he or she wouldn't have to get a new t-shirt very often. It would be a matter of years, rather than months like us cadets.
No longer active on CAP talk

MajorM

Quote from: CyBorg on April 21, 2012, 02:22:54 AM
There is some CAP stuff available here...but a fair bit of it is unit specific:

http://shop.cafepress.com/civil-air-patrol

http://www.zazzle.com/civil+air+patrol+gifts

Some of it is kind of cool.

Ok... I have to admit the WWSD (What Would Spaatz Do) greeting card cracked me up :)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 01, 2012, 09:26:00 PM

What is "rank up"?

I know I came through the C/NCO ranks on the L2K books, but I would think that the new books cover rank/grade in the first chapter as well...?

titanII

Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 01, 2012, 11:20:18 PM
I know I came through the C/NCO ranks on the L2K books, but I would think that the new books cover rank/grade in the first chapter as well...?
Sadly, no. I had to learn that from my squadron.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: titanII on May 01, 2012, 11:29:33 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 01, 2012, 11:20:18 PM
Sadly, no. I had to learn that from my squadron.

Learn to Lead covers grade insignia just fine.  L2L Volume 1, page 21. 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

titanII

Quote from: jimmydeanno on May 02, 2012, 04:59:35 PM
Learn to Lead covers grade insignia just fine.  L2L Volume 1, page 21.
Grade insignia? Yes. But it does not cover the difference between rank and grade.