Tim Medeiros leaving for BMT

Started by spaatzmom, January 31, 2011, 10:24:00 PM

spaatzmom

Graduation week is upon us and Tim is really excited to start tech school next week at Keesler AFB.  Thanks to all who sent him words of encouragement, they made the last few weeks go by quickly.

PaulR

Congratulations to your son.  What will his specialty be?

jimmydeanno

Quote from: PaulR on March 29, 2011, 04:26:26 AM

Tech School at Keesler implies Communications of some sort.  Unless he got into one of the more obscure ones like "weather."
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

DBlair

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 29, 2011, 04:43:56 AM

Tech School at Keesler implies Communications of some sort.  Unless he got into one of the more obscure ones like "weather."

If I remember correctly, he was going for an IT specialty.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

SarDragon

I spent a month at Keesler, one week.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

spaatzmom

Thank you.  He is as of Friday an Airman First Class.  His tech school is Cyber Ops Security last I knew.

coudano

Spaceman3750

Quote from: spaatzmom on March 29, 2011, 12:48:21 PM

Thank you.  He is as of Friday an Airman First Class.  His tech school is Cyber Ops Security last I knew.

Awesome! The major battles of the century will be fought in the cyber domain - it's an area where we are facing a major uphill fight.

lordmonar

Quote from: SarDragon on March 29, 2011, 05:48:11 AM
Only a month!  Time was flying for you! :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

coudano

Quote from: lordmonar on March 29, 2011, 05:21:38 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on March 29, 2011, 05:48:11 AM
Only a month!  Time was flying for you! :)

True, I spent 5 months there one week...

Earhart1971

When I was at Keesler in 1975, there were 20,000 students there. We had Pass In Reviews Early Morning, Mid Afternoon, and Late Afternoons. I remember the Junior Officers being stuck with the review stand early in the morning (it was still dark). The Schools operated in shifts mornings and afternoons. Worn Boot heels. Almost a Goose step but not quite.

It was a fun time! I was in 86 Training Squadron. My reporting day we had a Beer Call in the Courtyard!

I wonder what the number of students on Keesler is now?

Almost got married to a cute WAF.

NCRblues

Quote from: Earhart1971 on March 30, 2011, 05:25:32 AM
When I was at Keesler in 1975, there were 20,000 students there. We had Pass In Reviews Early Morning, Mid Afternoon, and Late Afternoons. I remember the Junior Officers being stuck with the review stand early in the morning (it was still dark). The Schools operated in shifts mornings and afternoons. Worn Boot heels. Almost a Goose step but not quite.

It was a fun time! I was in 86 Training Squadron. My reporting day we had a Beer Call in the Courtyard!

I wonder what the number of students on Keesler is now?

Almost got married to a cute WAF.

tech school marriage....KILL IT...KILL IT!!  >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: NCRblues on March 30, 2011, 06:09:53 AM

tech school marriage....KILL IT...KILL IT!!  >:D

I had a relationship in tech school that was getting close to becoming a tech school marriage... cooler heads prevailed!  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Jerry Jacobs

If thats true hes a red wolve, I'm sorry, because its technically a fox not a wolf so their squadron mascot is misleading! On a side note I thought the triangle fox was a myth but I actually ran into the fox last weekend on my way to karaoke Fridays. And don't let him tell you theres nothing to do at Keesler! There are plenty legal ways from airman to have fun!

spaatzmom

Quote from: Jerry Jacobs on April 05, 2011, 03:54:43 AM

If thats true hes a red wolve, I'm sorry, because its technically a fox not a wolf so their squadron mascot is misleading! On a side note I thought the triangle fox was a myth but I actually ran into the fox last weekend on my way to karaoke Fridays. And don't let him tell you theres nothing to do at Keesler! There are plenty legal ways from airman to have fun!

Ok, I have no idea what you are trying to say.  He arrived there yesterday and has yet to scope out the base. 

Jerry Jacobs

Quote from: spaatzmom on April 05, 2011, 08:53:27 PM
Quote from: Jerry Jacobs on April 05, 2011, 03:54:43 AM

Ok, I have no idea what you are trying to say.  He arrived there yesterday and has yet to scope out the base.

My bad, if hes Cyber Ops Security I believe he'll be in the 336th TRS whos mascot is a Red Wolf, all the squadrons have friendly rivalries.

coudano

Red Wolves is the mascot of the 336 training squadron (the squadron he is most probably in)
Each squadron has a mascot (yes, fuzzy costume and all)(eh), and a group cheer (eh)

He will be relatively restricted in phase 1 for a few weeks,
it's *a lot* laxer than basic training but it's still fairly restricted.
Then he will slowly get more privileges until he graduates.

Al Sayre

We've got a great Squadron at Keesler, I'm sure they can find ways to help keep him out of trouble...  If he's doing Cyber Ops Security, he can help them with their Cyber Patriot Team, and they can show him all the good local places to go.  Shoot me a PM and I'll get you the SQ/CC's contact info.  I already told him to keep an eye out for him...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

spaatzmom

I just talked to Tim and yes he is in the 336th TRS.  I have his address if anyone wants it.  I appreciate all the support we both have received from board members here, it means a lot.

He will be looking forward to hearing from Mr. Sayre re the squadron there.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: spaatzmom on April 05, 2011, 11:35:24 PM
I just talked to Tim and yes he is in the 336th TRS.  I have his address if anyone wants it.

Yes, please do...  PM if you like.