Who is going to the National Conference in San Diego??

Started by Smokey, August 27, 2010, 07:24:26 PM

Thrashed

It doesn't look like I can do anything without paying and signing up, so maybe I'll just walk by in civilian cloths to see it. I stay a few blocks away.

Save the triangle thingy

MSG Mac

The actual conference doesn't start until Thursday, but according to the schedule theVanguard will be open to but items w/o paying shipping.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

addo1

^ Vanguard will be there daily. The usually carry most anything you could want in stock right there at the conference. Has came in handy for me before and I already have plans to make use of it again.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

bosshawk

I suspect that nobody will care whether you register or not.  you may be a little early for the vendors.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

JC004

I wonder if Vanguard has learned about bringing the products likely to be in demand at the conference.  Their first time at the PAWG conference, they were out of anything useful by first thing in the morning on the first day.  They had a ton of Colonel stuff, but very little company grade.  Uh?  It was a WING conference... There were likely to be only a handful of colonels - FW, outgoing Wing CC, incoming Wing CC, like one past Wing CC, Region CC...

They did have the sword, though.  The cadets liked that.  The only thing useful that I got out of it was smiting them for the order of mine that they had CANCELED, then KEPT the money for MONTHS.  I was like "uh...you have my money and I want it in product...today."

addo1

Quote from: JC004 on August 31, 2010, 09:30:12 AM
I wonder if Vanguard has learned about bringing the products likely to be in demand at the conference.  Their first time at the PAWG conference, they were out of anything useful by first thing in the morning on the first day.  They had a ton of Colonel stuff, but very little company grade.  Uh?  It was a WING conference... There were likely to be only a handful of colonels - FW, outgoing Wing CC, incoming Wing CC, like one past Wing CC, Region CC...

They did have the sword, though.  The cadets liked that.  The only thing useful that I got out of it was smiting them for the order of mine that they had CANCELED, then KEPT the money for MONTHS.  I was like "uh...you have my money and I want it in product...today."

That reminds me of last year. They had a whole basket of CAP general officer insignia. I was wondering how many people would actually need that. :) I made sure that they will have my stuff though - I already held it.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

a2capt

Don't worry, that last CAWG conference they didn't even bother coming, they packaged up a bunch of stuff and just sent it. Same scenario as described for the PAWG conference. Hell, the CAWG folks even put together a list for them, did they abide? No. They sent a bunch of crap that didn't sell.

JC004

Quote from: a2capt on September 01, 2010, 06:43:11 AM
Don't worry, that last CAWG conference they didn't even bother coming, they packaged up a bunch of stuff and just sent it. Same scenario as described for the PAWG conference. Hell, the CAWG folks even put together a list for them, did they abide? No. They sent a bunch of crap that didn't sell.

"We have too much Colonel insignia.  Let's send mostly that."

Yet you're not allowed to compete with our WONDERFUL vendor.

Vanguard has been good for me, though.  That is because people know that I used to get a lot of used/bulk/etc. items and sell them, so people call me to see if I have something first.  That way they don't have to deal with Vanguard.  Good business.  Thanks, Vanguard!

Al Sayre

I'm in the lobby bar in  the north tower, where are y'all at?
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

DakRadz

Quote from: Al Sayre on September 02, 2010, 01:19:08 AM

Lost on Jealousy Avenue, sir!

Has anything happened yet? I haven't checked the schedule as I'm 2000 miles away...

Al Sayre

Nothing of note.  The  NB is  having a meet the candidates for CV meeting.   The weather & girls are beautiful, and the  drinks are cold.  Can't ask for much more.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

SarDragon

Quote from: Al Sayre on September 02, 2010, 01:19:08 AM

We were at DW's in the south tower.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DBlair

I would like to suggest that it be held in lovely Tampa, FL.

I'm sure FLWG/Group 3 would love to serve as hosts.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

spacecommand

Just curious I tuned in for a few minutes of the NB meeting streaming online.  I notice there's also a Canadian flag on stage, are there guests from Canada there as well?

Al Sayre

Yes, the head of the Canadian Cadet Association is seated to Gen. Courter's right.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

JC004

Quote from: spacecommand on September 02, 2010, 10:52:36 PM
Just curious I tuned in for a few minutes of the NB meeting streaming online.  I notice there's also a Canadian flag on stage, are there guests from Canada there as well?

It's a new logo that will be coming out.

manfredvonrichthofen

manfredvonrichthofen

exFlight Officer

Without derailing this thread, is there any information as to where the National Conference will be held in the future?

I would definitely go but California from Georgia is a long distance for me.