Main Menu

CAP.USAFAUX.US email

Started by pixelwonk, November 13, 2006, 07:16:35 PM

pixelwonk

After a lot of correspondence and puttering around, I may have managed to fix the Yahoo and AOL problems when sending mail to CAP.USAFaux.us email addresses.
After modification to the domain registrar's settings yesterday, several tests from both providers today were received in my inbox quicker than a cadet puts on a new beret.

whee... I rhymed just then.

Anyway, I can provide no guarantees, but it's lookin good.
Please test yours at your convenience and let me know by PM if you run into issues.  Copy-n-pasted mailer-daemon notices are appreciated.

Becks

Seems to work for me Tedda, great job.

BBATW

Lancer

Hey Tedda,

A-firm-ative! I have confirmed send and receipt with my e-mail addresses at Comcast.net, Yahoo.com, Aol.com, gmail.com and my work related domain. All working without issue.

Thanks for taking care of that!  :clap:

BillB

By George, it worked. Even from AOL (for the 1st time). It always seemed to work from other providers, but not AOL until now.

Thanks.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Al Sayre

Mine now works from all my different accounts
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

DNall

My hard drive actually crashed before i left town this wknd. Where do I go to access the acct again? Thx!

Lancer

DNall, et al...

Here is the Google 'Portal' Page for cap.usafaux.us. Go here and then log on with the user name and password you setup and then you can check your mail.

http://partnerpage.google.com/cap.usafaux.us

Peel, Eat, Enjoy.

pixelwonk

Quote from: mlcurtis69 on November 15, 2006, 01:50:41 PM
DNall, et al...

Here is the Google 'Portal' Page for cap.usafaux.us. Go here and then log on with the user name and password you setup and then you can check your mail.

http://partnerpage.google.com/cap.usafaux.us

As an alternative, individuals may go to the following:

Email: http://mail.cap.usafaux.us
A CAP-centric "Start" page: http://home.cap.usafaux.us
Calendar: http://calendar.cap.usafaux.us

Peel, Eat, Enjoy.
Hey, that's my line.  :)

There are approx 60 accts left.

Lancer

Quote from: tedda on November 15, 2006, 06:30:49 PM
As an alternative, individuals may go to the following:

Email: http://mail.cap.usafaux.us
A CAP-centric "Start" page: http://home.cap.usafaux.us
Calendar: http://calendar.cap.usafaux.us

That wasn't there this morning!  ;D Almost sounds like a new breed of dog. hehehe. Nice job 'tightening' that up.

Hey, that's my line.  :)

I wondered where I picked that up from, LOL.  :angel:

There are approx 60 accts left.

I suppose folks PM you on here for an account then?

pixelwonk

ELTHunter

Anybody set up their Thunderbird or Outlook to sign on to CAP Mail?  I tried using the directions under the Help button, but I get a messege that says my user name and password aren't accepted.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

pixelwonk

Quote from: ELThunter on November 16, 2006, 04:27:28 AM
Anybody set up their Thunderbird or Outlook to sign on to CAP Mail?  I tried using the directions under the Help button, but I get a messege that says my user name and password aren't accepted.

Been using it in Outlook for a while now.

JAFO78

Checked mine, all ok. Thanks Tedda
JAFO

dogden

Anyone been able to get this set up on a Blackberry?

Thanks
David
David C Ogden, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing, Group IV Commander
GRW#3325

stillamarine

Any of these still available  :)
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

SAR-EMT1

Any prerequisites to get one of these? Level 3, Squadron command or the like? lol....

I'd love one.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Pylon

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on May 04, 2007, 01:49:44 PM
Any prerequisites to get one of these? Level 3, Squadron command or the like? lol....

A donation made to "The Human Fund"...    :angel:
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RogueLeader

Quote from: Pylon on May 04, 2007, 02:01:16 PM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on May 04, 2007, 01:49:44 PM

A donation made to "The Human Fund"...    :angel:
I made my donation. . . by my service.  I can I get one?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Capt Rivera

how does one sign up, assuming some of the 60 slots are still unfilled
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

SarDragon

Look at the dates on the posts. That 60 figure was from almost six months ago, prior to the demise of Civil Air Portal.  :o
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RogueLeader

Quote from: SarDragon on May 05, 2007, 04:39:31 AM
Look at the dates on the posts. That 60 figure was from almost six months ago, prior to the demise of Civil Air Portal.  :o
So. . .  you are saying that they are no longer valid?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

LTC_Gadget

I *think* he meant that they're likely no longer available.
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

SarDragon

Quote from: LTC_Gadget on May 07, 2007, 02:49:51 PM
I *think* he meant that they're likely no longer available.

True dat!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DNall

Are these suddenly not working as of about noon today, or is it just me?

Lancer

It's just you. Mine is fine. I keep mine open in a tab on my browser all day so I can monitor it for new messages as they come in. I'm using that account as a back end for my wing forwarding e-mail address.

I love it.

DNall

It's worked real good for me as well. It works on this computer, but wasn't coming up on my other system for a while there. I don't know what that was about, but no worries.

SAR-EMT1

Is there any manner in which the size of the service may be expanded so as to allow more accounts?
I mean, I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks for the thing.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

ELTHunter

I've noticed every now and then that when I hit send/receive in Outlook, I get a message that the server isn't responding and the send and/or receive fails.  I think that's a gmail issue and not related to CAP mail.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

JC004

Quote from: ELTHunter on May 17, 2007, 03:01:20 AM
I've noticed every now and then that when I hit send/receive in Outlook, I get a message that the server isn't responding and the send and/or receive fails.  I think that's a gmail issue and not related to CAP mail.

Are you accusing Google of being inferior?  Now you are in for it.  They will be tracking you, and one day, they will seek their revenge.  Given their growth in power, they likely will win.   :)

mikeylikey

Quote from: JC004 on May 17, 2007, 04:58:00 AM

Are you accusing Google of being inferior?  Now you are in for it.  They will be tracking you, and one day, they will seek their revenge.  Given their growth in power, they likely will win.   :)

Would that be "GOOGLE KILL"?  You know.....they seek out everyone not using google for everything and kidnap your kids......burn the house down and send you to "GOOGLE ISLAND". 

Ha...Google Island, sounds like some scary B movie.

I guess you could say...."your going to get googled, if you don't use Google".

I'm done now!
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 17, 2007, 01:57:36 PM
Quote from: JC004 on May 17, 2007, 04:58:00 AM

Are you accusing Google of being inferior?  Now you are in for it.  They will be tracking you, and one day, they will seek their revenge.  Given their growth in power, they likely will win.   :)

Would that be "GOOGLE KILL"?  You know.....they seek out everyone not using google for everything and kidnap your kids......burn the house down and send you to "GOOGLE ISLAND". 

Ha...Google Island, sounds like some scary B movie.

I guess you could say...."your going to get googled, if you don't use Google".

I'm done now!

...and soon the Google flag flying over a state capitol building near you.   >:D

LTC_Gadget

The only thing that'll keep Google from partnering with NHQ will be if NHQ can't wangle a way to get a 'cut.'  ;D >:(
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

mikeylikey

Quote from: LTC_Gadget on May 17, 2007, 04:29:19 PM
The only thing that'll keep Google from partnering with NHQ will be if NHQ can't wangle a way to get a 'cut.'  ;D >:(

VanGooPinCAP Inc.  (see I took Vanguard, Google, Pineda and CAP and combined them)

They will be hosting the website, that sells the forms, to order the TPU version 2.0, that CAP will adopt in 2008. 

What's up monkeys?

RogueLeader

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 17, 2007, 05:33:38 PM
Quote from: LTC_Gadget on May 17, 2007, 04:29:19 PM

VanGooPinCAP Inc.  (see I took Vanguard, Google, Pineda and CAP and combined them)

They will be hosting the website, that sells the forms, to order the TPU version 2.0, that CAP will adopt in 2008. 

You are bad. . .

But hilarious, none-the-less
WYWG DP

GRW 3340