Covid Remobilization, Updated process and charts Jan 2022

Started by Eclipse, February 01, 2022, 03:29:01 AM

Eclipse

The maps continue to march in the wrong direction.

A local military base has raised their HPCON to "B" due to the
surrounding community's level going up.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Covid is going to be around for a long time. What we need to do now is learn how to live with it and not shut down every time there is a spike.

Jester

Quote from: PHall on May 07, 2022, 04:12:36 AMCovid is going to be around for a long time. What we need to do now is learn how to live with it and not shut down every time there is a spike.

Agree, but we're also going to have to embrace flexibility when there are spikes to maintain our ability to function.  I look at it like a modular buffet type deal, adding things like masks when needed and removing them when not. 

"learn how to live with it" is not "pretend it doesn't exist".  I know you didn't say that, but that really seems to be the vibe I'm getting from a lot of people.

NovemberWhiskey

Is it really the case that no wings have regressed to Phase 2 or Phase 1 yet? There's a whole chunk of NER that should be heading back there based on the current metrics.

I'm looking at:

• CT with 76.8 cases/100K/day and 1.36 infection rate
  • RI with 76.0 cases/100K/day and 1.16 infection rate
  • MA with 66.2 cases/100K/day and 1.17 infection rate
  • NJ with 55.4 cases/100K/day and 1.18 infection rate
  • NY with 50.9 cases/100K/day and 1.11 infection rate

... all with broadly confirmed upward trajectories.

Published NHQ guidance is >50 cases/100K/day and >1.0 infection rate means fall back to Phase 2; >70 cases/100K/day and >1.0 infection rate means fall back to Phase 1. ref https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/COVID19_Phase_Guidance_FA6D70CD1ED8F.pdf

Eclipse

At least 13 states are now indicated as the highest risk level, with several more
moving that way.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

A weekish later and we now have

15 States / Territories at Medium
15 States at High

That's 60 percent of the country at an elevated risk level, based on the new metrics
going into Memorial Day.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

The state-level map has actually moved in the right direction this week,
though a number of populous counties went to "high".

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"