Main Menu

National Board video stream

Started by flyguy06, September 01, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: JCJ on September 06, 2009, 02:55:37 PM
Quote from: A.Member on September 06, 2009, 02:23:57 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on September 06, 2009, 08:06:57 AM
btw how did this thread about the National Board turn into a uniform discussion?
Because the fashion unconscious proposed and passed the addition of a black army sweater to go with their dark blue airforce style trousers.  Just keeping a bad uniform alive.  ;)  :P

This uniform stuff does get too much play.  I was still hoping to get some answers about our vice commander.

You mean our National CV?  What would you like to know?
Ditto.  He has been an active, high-visibility member for quite a while.  Statements like the above wanting  "answers" insinuate there are any to have.

"That Others May Zoom"

JCJ

Quote from: Eclipse on September 06, 2009, 05:43:01 PM
btw how did this thread about the National Board turn into a uniform discussion?
Because the fashion unconscious proposed and passed the addition of a black army sweater to go with their dark blue airforce style trousers.  Just keeping a bad uniform alive.  ;)  :P

This uniform stuff does get too much play.  I was still hoping to get some answers about our vice commander.

Ditto.  He has been an active, high-visibility member for quite a while.  Statements like the above wanting  "answers" insinuate there are any to have.

Alot of information at www.reggiechitwood.us

Major Carrales

Quote from: JCJ on September 06, 2009, 06:18:15 PM

Brig Gen Chitwood has served CAP honorably for many years, not only as CAP National Vice Commander, but as a Wing Commander and South West Region Commander.  I know of no issues requiring "answers." 

The paranoia surrounding CAPNHQ these days makes me cringe.  I warned against this in 2007 when all that drama was unfolding.  Once the precedent for "falling" CAP officials was set...it seems it has become a modus operandi status quo.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

DC

Wow.. There's even a page devoted to his 2009 Vice Commander Campaign!

Pretty soon we'll have multiple parties with nominees and such...   :o

wuzafuzz

Communications Meeting video stream:

"One way or another, encryption is coming."  Hang on...
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: Major Carrales on September 06, 2009, 02:29:39 AM
Quote from: Lancer on September 06, 2009, 01:57:14 AM

It is still a valid reason. Personally, I don't know why so many people have hatred for it. So what if it came about during Pineda's leadership (or lack thereof). I certainly like it better than the white/gray's.  I've seen SO many people wear that combo and look totally, un-militaristic and sloppy.

I have to point out the disingenuous nature of the "Pineda" angle on this uniform.  While he was in command of CAP when it came out, I think it is more likely that the CAP leadership at the Region Level and Wing Commanders at the time had an equal hand in generating this uniform.

Remember, contrary to the rants of many on this board both past and present, the National Commander is not an all encompassing dictator whose word is law.  No action of a CAP National Commander can be assigned to being only his/her fault or whim.  Also, if it was offensive to the USAF, then the CAP-USAF commander would have "nipped it in the bud" right then and there.

Sparky, you may have forgotten, but HWSRN ruled tyranically. Ask a deposed California Wing commander about how a trivial incident cost him his job. And look at how the NB was cowed into accepting his whims, lest they get fired, too. When they were fired, sycophants were installed, and remember how they were all "let go" when Courter took over?

I hear it quite a bit from folks who were in Florida Wing while he was the commander here. Wow.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Major Carrales

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on September 06, 2009, 07:16:21 PM

It is still a valid reason. Personally, I don't know why so many people have hatred for it. So what if it came about during Pineda's leadership (or lack thereof). I certainly like it better than the white/gray's.  I've seen SO many people wear that combo and look totally, un-militaristic and sloppy.

I have to point out the disingenuous nature of the "Pineda" angle on this uniform.  While he was in command of CAP when it came out, I think it is more likely that the CAP leadership at the Region Level and Wing Commanders at the time had an equal hand in generating this uniform.

Remember, contrary to the rants of many on this board both past and present, the National Commander is not an all encompassing dictator whose word is law.  No action of a CAP National Commander can be assigned to being only his/her fault or whim.  Also, if it was offensive to the USAF, then the CAP-USAF commander would have "nipped it in the bud" right then and there.

Sparky, you may have forgotten, but HWSRN ruled tyranically. Ask a deposed California Wing commander about how a trivial incident cost him his job. And look at how the NB was cowed into accepting his whims, lest they get fired, too. When they were fired, sycophants were installed, and remember how they were all "let go" when Courter took over?

I hear it quite a bit from folks who were in Florida Wing while he was the commander here. Wow.

Yes, but we are a Nation and Organization of rules and laws.  Circumnavigating the rules and laws, even to fall a tyrant, cheapens the process.  But more than that, it normalizes the extra-legal procedure for future use against persons who might not be tyrants.

Everyone is happy when people go outside the regulations to remove an unpopular person...however, suppose those same methods are used in the future to remove "a good guy."  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I am confident that if the proper channels had been followed, the 2007 situation would have been resolved in the appropriate manner.  What ended up happening was a stumble for the greater organization.

Now, suppose you are a modern Wing, Region or National Commander and someone uses these tactics, true or speculative in origin, to fall you from your position.  It would seem that in the established precedent from 2007 there is a conundrum...should I feel a degree of righteous indignation and come to your defense...or simply chalk it up to "you are a tyrant" and thus "must be removed" whether the allegations are correct or just some speculation made fact by being posted on two forums.

After all, if you see it twice in two different places it has to be a FACT.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: Major Carrales on September 06, 2009, 07:24:36 PM
Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on September 06, 2009, 07:16:21 PM

Yes, but we are a Nation and Organization of rules and laws.  Circumnavigating the rules and laws, even to fall a tyrant, cheapens the process.  But more than that, it normalizes the extra-legal procedure for future use against persons who might not be tyrants.

Everyone is happy when people go outside the regulations to remove an unpopular person...however, suppose those same methods are used in the future to remove "a good guy."  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I am confident that if the proper channels had been followed, the 2007 situation would have been resolved in the appropriate manner.  What ended up happening was a stumble for the greater organization.

Now, suppose you are a modern Wing, Region or National Commander and someone uses these tactics, true or speculative in origin, to fall you from your position.  It would seem that in the established precedent from 2007 there is a conundrum...should I feel a degree of righteous indignation and come to your defense...or simply chalk it up to "you are a tyrant" and thus "must be removed" whether the allegations are correct or just some speculation made fact by being posted on two forums.

After all, if you see it twice in two different places it has to be a FACT.

Whether you realize it, you just totally made the case against the power accumulation in the federal executive branch!

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

IceNine

WHY is this information not readily available through official means?  One would think that a bio of the command staff should be something that the PAO shop would be involved in.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Major Carrales

Quote from: IceNine on September 07, 2009, 04:46:39 AM

WHY is this information not readily available through official means?  One would think that a bio of the command staff should be something that the PAO shop would be involved in.

My opinion is tempted to respond that this is likely because they are trying to avoid the "cult of personality."  However, that is in the realm of opinion.

CAP Public Affairs is meant to provide news to the organization and populace.  When biographical data is needed it is released, such as in stories about the promotion of an official, or even cadet.  This was done when Maj Gen Courter and Brig Gen Chitwood assumed command.  I suspect that those fact sheets are still online somewhere.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

DC

Quote from: Major Carrales on September 07, 2009, 05:10:43 AM
Quote from: IceNine on September 07, 2009, 04:46:39 AM

My opinion is tempted to respond that this is likely because they are trying to avoid the "cult of personality."  However, that is in the realm of opinion.

CAP Public Affairs is meant to provide news to the organization and populace.  When biographical data is needed it is released, such as in stories about the promotion of an official, or even cadet.  This was done when Maj Gen Courter and Brig Gen Chitwood assumed command.  I suspect that those fact sheets are still online somewhere.
It's pretty standard for AF unit websites to have bios of the CC, CV and Command Chief; no reason CAP can't do the same.

RiverAux

Uh, its already on the CAP website.  Just saw it yesterday.

JCJ

Quote from: RiverAux on September 07, 2009, 12:46:46 PM
Uh, its already on the CAP website.  Just saw it yesterday.

Here is the link from the official CAP Web Site: 

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/Chitwood_Bio__CV__May_09_A27D90C42DC83.pdf

It's in the media section along with bio's for Maj. Gen. Courter & Mr. Rowland.

flyguy06

Quote from: DC on September 06, 2009, 07:04:19 PM

He has a campaign website? I remember attending the national Board in Atlanta and GenCourter had a campaign video presentation. Who are they campaigning too> The only people that can vote for them is the National Board (how evermany that is. I dont keep up with that stuff)

That is intense that they develop these high tech websites. So in order to be Wing Commader or higher you have to be a politician? I like the whol go before a board andthey select the most quaified person. Thats the military way.  ;D

Major Carrales

Quote from: flyguy06 on September 07, 2009, 07:14:01 PM
Quote from: DC on September 06, 2009, 07:04:19 PM

He has a campaign website? I remember attending the national Board in Atlanta and GenCourter had a campaign video presentation. Who are they campaigning too> The only people that can vote for them is the National Board (how evermany that is. I dont keep up with that stuff)

That is intense that they develop these high tech websites. So in order to be Wing Commader or higher you have to be a politician? I like the whol go before a board andthey select the most quaified person. Thats the military way.  ;D

There was a thread that dealt with the "democratization" of CAP where membership would be allowed to vote for Wing Commanders and higher.  What you are seeing here is only but a small example of how bad it could get.

You see, the above examples are merely to introduce the officials to the membership.  So you hear some Col Courter or Col Chitwood is up for the "stellar" grades...you wonder who they are and what they have done.  They create a website and...BAM...there you go...you get an idea of who they are.   

That is understandable.

However, the circus that would commence from real CAP campaigns would rob from the effectiveness of mission readiness...as people would spend their time, resources and focus on campaigning (both for and against).  Then would come the reprisals, spite and likely sabotage from the losers and their supporters.  I mean why help your winning opponent have a good administration when you can turn it into a debacle so you can run and win next term.

I will point out the Elections of 1824 and 1828 where Andrew Jackson, feeling slighted, worked to make the administration of John Q. Adams one of the most unremarkable securing a win in 1828.

And that was in the great era of American democratic process, would people wish that nonsense on us?

I should hope not.

Let's keep the politics down and the information up.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

RiverAux

Given that our two top officials are elected and given the size of the group that is electing them, they have to campain in some form so that the people voting know a little bit about them.  I didn't see anything that was out of line, even if some was a bit hokey. 

ZigZag911

So, why did you guys even buy the new uniform? Why not just keep what you had. I hjave never owned the CSU nor do I ever plan to purchase one.

Almost any thread that lasts more than five pages turns into a uniform discussion!

flyguync

I must have missed it on the agenda and on here but what happened with finance? We have an UCC coming up and they want all CC's & FM's there. Something to do with a total rewrite of the 173 series????

A.Member

Thanks!
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

flyguy06

Quote from: RiverAux on September 07, 2009, 07:52:12 PM
Given that our two top officials are elected and given the size of the group that is electing them, they have to campain in some form so that the people voting know a little bit about them.  I didn't see anything that was out of line, even if some was a bit hokey.

What big size group electing them? Its the National Board. usually people going for the CC and CV positions are already on the NAtional Board tobegin with, so everyone already knows them.