National Board video stream

Started by flyguy06, September 01, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

DC

Quote from: argentip on September 04, 2009, 09:48:53 PM
Quote from: Lunsford on September 04, 2009, 09:44:06 PM
Quote from: NCRblues on September 04, 2009, 09:30:35 PM
So it's over? What exactly happened? Did we accomplish anything?
No. I don't think. Just closed meetings about Outer Garments...  :-\
It's over for today.  They came back briefly, went through all of the old business (didn't really discuss much) and adjourned for the day.
The whole meeting is over, they finished the agenda.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: argentip on September 04, 2009, 09:48:53 PM
Quote from: Lunsford on September 04, 2009, 09:44:06 PM
Quote from: NCRblues on September 04, 2009, 09:30:35 PM
So it's over? What exactly happened? Did we accomplish anything?
No. I don't think. Just closed meetings about Outer Garments...  :-\
It's over for today.  They came back briefly, went through all of the old business (didn't really discuss much) and adjourned for the day.
All tomorrows streaming is, is the Awards Ceremony and the Banquet. No Meeting.  8)

Wright Brothers #13915

NCRblues

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: NCRblues on September 04, 2009, 10:00:44 PM
so 18a was shoot down right??
I guess. I was half paying attention, half eating my lunch...  ;) :D

Wright Brothers #13915

DC

Quote from: NCRblues on September 04, 2009, 10:00:44 PM
so 18a was shoot down right??
It wasn't even mentioned from what I saw. The way it was explained was that the 18 series items were not agenda action items, so they would be ignored unless specifically brought up. Since no one spoke up, they were passed over. I don't know if that means they go away, or it will be revisited in the future.

DrJbdm

Ok, here's the deal. I'm at the Board Meeting and here's the current info:

Item 18a : Lt Gen. Courter has her third star, everyone else is a Brig Gen........................just kidding!!

Actually, 18a died because no one made the motion to discuss it, it went by real fast.

18g, corporate uniform sweaters, approved the army sweater but with regular Air Force rank slides on it. They ditched the whole metal rank on the sweater thing without discussion.

Everything else was pretty much tabled or referred to committee so it ended pretty quick after the closed session. I'm not sure the closed session was on 18g, but who knows.

They discussed a lot of things that really didn't need to be discussed. Some things like the electronic devices while testing was dragged on for too long, it's a simple, much needed requirement, it made sense. That's why it took so long.

Over all, not a bad board meeting, not much in it that really interested me.

NCRblues

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

JCJ

Quote from: NCRblues on September 04, 2009, 08:10:40 PM
please tell me 18a was voted down? are they skipping around? ???

Several board members were prepared to vote down 18a, however it was determined that if it wasnt called back up from old business by a NB member it would die permanently.  So that's what was done.  No one was in favor of it, it was just a question of the most effective way in parlimentary procedure to send it away.

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: desertengineer1 on September 04, 2009, 09:07:34 PM
Wow.  Did someone announce an open bar afterwards during the closed session?

If that's true, who's paying for it?

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

addo1

Yeah, a lot of times it is that way... A commander's reception on friday evening... I know the TX Wing Conference in the spring had it like that.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

flyguy06

Quote from: Lunsford on September 04, 2009, 08:42:35 PM
Quote from: BillB on September 04, 2009, 08:41:25 PM
Where was Eric Boe a Cadet?   Florida or Georgia?
I think it was Georgia.

Are they still in a Closed Session? Because I'm not getting any footage.

He was a cadet in Georgia. He is currently a Senior member in Florida

desertengineer1

Quote from: addo1 on September 04, 2009, 10:59:08 PM
Yeah, a lot of times it is that way... A commander's reception on friday evening... I know the TX Wing Conference in the spring had it like that.

LOL.  I was referring to the fact they went "radio silent" after hours of low-gear progress, and emerged with "OK...next...next....next... NEXT... outta here"

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on September 04, 2009, 10:36:52 PM
18 G was approved?!?!?  SWEET!
Seriously?  Are people color blind? 

I didn't undestand the proposal let alone why it should pass.  Why a black army sweater for wear with a blue uniform loosely styled after the air force?  Perhaps someone can enlighten me.  A blue air force v-neck pullover already exists.  Clearly I am missing something.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Eclipse

Quote from: A.Member on September 05, 2009, 04:40:45 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on September 04, 2009, 10:36:52 PM
18 G was approved?!?!?  SWEET!
Seriously?  Are people color blind? 

I didn't undestand the proposal let alone why it should pass.  Why a black army sweater for wear with a blue uniform loosely styled after the air force?  Perhaps someone can enlighten me.  A blue air force v-neck pullover already exists.  Clearly I am missing something.

Yes, you are.

The point with the CSU is that it's a military-style uniform but is distinctive from the USAF-style blues.
There are only so many colors and styles of US military-style uniforms to choose from, and the precident has already been set that we where black outerwear with the CSU for the distinction from the USAF.

It makes perfect sense to wear a black sweater with the CSU - it maintains the military "look", while being distinctive from either Army or the USAF.  No one in either service will make the mistake.

Were we to wear the blue USAF sweater, we'd be shirt-color away from the USAF uniform, and in certain light you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

For the record, a colleague down there told me the wording was changed from "Army" to "police style" to avoid the issues of the Army being concerned.

Fine with me - I think the sweater combo is one of the sharpest ones we have, and its hard to screw up.  It allows you to get dressed quick, but still look professional.

"That Others May Zoom"

Thom

Quote from: Eclipse on September 05, 2009, 05:29:41 PM
The point with the CSU is that it's a military-style uniform but is distinctive from the USAF-style blues.
There are only so many colors and styles of US military-style uniforms to choose from, and the precident has already been set that we where black outerwear with the CSU for the distinction from the USAF.

It makes perfect sense to wear a black sweater with the CSU - it maintains the military "look", while being distinctive from either Army or the USAF.  No one in either service will make the mistake.

Were we to wear the blue USAF sweater, we'd be shirt-color away from the USAF uniform, and in certain light you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

Fine with me - I think the sweater combo is one of the sharpest ones we have, and its hard to screw up.  It allows you to get dressed quick, but still look professional.

Two Thoughts:

1.  Eclipse is spot on about why we can't have Blue Sweaters with the CSU.  If you want a Blue Sweater, you need to wear the AF-style uniform.  (I'm personally using that as a Carrot to get myself to continue losing weight.  Only xx more pounds to go.)  (You didn't really think I was going to put the real number in there, did you???)

2.  The Black Sweater with the AF Blue Epaulet Sleeves should look very sharp and match the CSU nicely.  I personally can't wait to get that combo up and running for the 'winter' season here in Louisiana.  We don't ever need anything more warm than a Sweater, so this should handle all fall and winter except for inclement weather.

Do we have any idea when the final language and wear guidance will be published in, yes, another ICL?

Thom Hamilton

billford1

No changes for the grey slacks crowd is that true?

jwwinney

You can go full screen.  Just right click on the picture and should give you the option to go full screen (about midway down the list).

Jim W.
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska :)

Major Carrales

Guys, sorry I'm not in San Antonio...I have registered (will donate the funds to the event, will seek no refund). 

I was so looking forward to meeting the many of you.  :( :(
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

BuckeyeDEJ

Why do we even have the CSU? We have the blazer/gray pants uniform, which is a legal, nonmilitary uniform. Isn't that enough? That the Powers That Be didn't ratify the CSU via CAPM 39-1 in a timely fashion means it's dead, if we follow our own regulations.

If the Powers That Be cared enough about the CSU to make sure it stayed around, would they have at least included it in a quick supplement to CAPM 39-1?

What gripes me about it is this: We have regulations governing how policy is made. If we're going to ignore those, what other regulations will it be convenient for leadership to blow off? And if they can blow it off, so can we. Leadership by example.

So the National Board keeps on building on the CSU even though they haven't made it a permanent addition to the closet via a change to CAPM 39-1. Do they realize there's an oversight? Do they realize ICLs only last six months, then they're dead without a followup regulation change? Or are they deliberately not codifying it because they know the Air Force will countermand it? If that's the case, folks, that's just shady.

These are important issues, folks. If the National Board can't even follow CAP regulations, regulations don't mean anything to any of us. And that's not good.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.