Never mind, got it back...

ßτε

DC

C/MSgt Lunsford

Wright Brothers #13915

C/MSgt Lunsford

Wright Brothers #13915

A.Member

I'm sometimes amazed at the information people sometimes throw out as fact.  For example, "if a cadet earns a Spaatz there is a 99.9% chance they will be picked up by a service academy".  Really?!  I'd really like to see someone provide some real evidence to support claims before they are thrown around.  Simply put, I think that is rather exaggerated, yet many it was still presented as fact.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

desertengineer1

Quote from: DC on September 04, 2009, 06:20:03 PM
1b passed as amended.
1d Also passes

I missed 1b.  What was amended?  (really hope this wasn't passed to include comm).

C/MSgt Lunsford

Got some opposing of the original decision...

Wright Brothers #13915

C/MSgt Lunsford

Wright Brothers #13915

desertengineer1

Quote from: Lunsford on September 04, 2009, 06:55:10 PM
Got some opposing of the original decision...

I'm rather shocked.  Pretty much all of the comm directors were in opposition.  I really hope a video is available afterwards.

Fubar

If I understand this correctly, there is disagreement over if a member should not be allowed to attend unit meetings if not "safety current" - HOWEVER local commanders have the discretion to override this regulation and allow the member to attend the meeting anyway.

RiverAux

Sure, if the commander wants to document the waiver....what a waste of time.

desertengineer1

Quote from: Fubar on September 04, 2009, 06:59:07 PM
If I understand this correctly, there is disagreement over if a member should not be allowed to attend unit meetings if not "safety current" - HOWEVER local commanders have the discretion to override this regulation and allow the member to attend the meeting anyway.

I agree with the Col's words.  Why tell someone they can't come to a meeting to get safety current if they missed a meeting.  ???  Just make a differentiation between social activity / squadron meeting and CAP activity.  Why is this so hard?

desertengineer1

Yeah, the other guys was right in line by asking how is this to be inspected.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Wright Brothers #13915

C/MSgt Lunsford

Wright Brothers #13915

RiverAux

I guess the next item will be to change our name to the "Safety Patrol" as that is apparently more important than anything we might actually have joined to do. 

Fubar

Granted this is all pretty dry stuff, but I do like how Maj. Gen. Courter runs a meeting.

desertengineer1

Quote from: RiverAux on September 04, 2009, 07:04:54 PM
I guess the next item will be to change our name to the "Safety Patrol" as that is apparently more important than anything we might actually have joined to do.

I'm not against a strong safety program, but I am against piling further tracking requirements and totally rigid bans (yeah, like the squadron commander will really have a choice here) on member's showing up to a meeting - regardless if they are there to get current.

As a constantly deploying military member with others in the squadron in the same category - this is getting out of hand.

We don't even have the manpower to keep up with the tracking now.  This will be a mess.