MSgt Van

Only getting audio, what's the deal?

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Lancer

apparently we didn't miss anything exciting at the beginning of the meeting earlier this morning?

c172drv

What is going on witht he discussion of removing National Commanders?  I'm in Canada and the hotel's internet is horrible.  I get a few words here and there but that is it.

John Jester
VAWG

Eclipse

Quote from: c172drv on September 04, 2009, 03:43:30 PM
What is going on witht he discussion of removing National Commanders?  I'm in Canada and the hotel's internet is horrible.  I get a few words here and there but that is it.

A move to clarify the process and to remove some conflicts with regulations that predate the creation of the Board Of Governors.

For anyone at the NHQ who cares about these things, my suggestion would be to stress using the term "Bee Oh Gee" vs. "bog" when referring to the Board of Governors.  "Bog"sounds disrespectful and grating in the same way that some people refer to "Cee Ay Pea" as "cap" (as in hat).

"That Others May Zoom"

Lancer

Quote from: Eclipse on September 04, 2009, 03:49:11 PM
For anyone at the NHQ who cares about these things, my suggestion would be to stress using the term "Bee Oh Gee" vs. "bog" when referring to the Board of Governors.  "Bog"sounds disrespectful and grating in the same way that some people refer to "Cee Ay Pea" as "cap" (as in hat).

Agreed! 100%

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

desertengineer1

If the stream drops off for private caucus, you may have to keep hitting play to renegotiate the connection.

I've had the BOG meeting playing in the background since the beginning, and a couple of thoughts....

First, I really appreciate the broadcast.  It helps me, a regular member trying to make my way and do the right thing, to have a bigger picture.  I like seeing this.  It openly shows the senior leaders are trying to do the right thing as well.

These folks have a huge responsibility.  Anyone taking a few moments to pay close attention to the dialogue and to listen carefully should see the same.  My appreciation for them taking on hard, complicated, high-impact issues is raised significantly with this visibility.  And these folks are volunteers.

All members, especially those who like to get on the conspiracy bandwagons, should be watching this.

Oh, and is it just me or was Texas a little greedy on SWR awards?  >:(  (Congrats)  :clap:

Capt. B

pixelwonk

desertengineer1

Oh, and congrats to FL WG on thier awards as well!

bosshawk

Maybe it is too early for our august leaders to be up and in action.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

DH

What agenda items have tey covered so far?

DC

ßτε

Quote from: kc4lqt on September 04, 2009, 05:13:48 PM
What agenda items have tey covered so far?
As far as I know:

1a
1c

DC

Fubar

Has anyone been able to connect back in now that they've moved the video off the web page?

ßτε

QuoteWhat happened to 7 - 12?

I think they jumped over them to go to #13.

ßτε

Quote from: Fubar on September 04, 2009, 05:59:04 PM
Has anyone been able to connect back in now that they've moved the video off the web page?

It is up now.

Fubar

DC

They're on Item 1b: Property Freeze.