Main Menu

National Board video stream

Started by flyguy06, September 01, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

c172drv

Quote from: Al Sayre on September 03, 2009, 07:11:00 PM
Be nice if we could make it full screen...

Right click the bottom of the video and select zoom.  Then select full screen.  So far it is working well.
John Jester
VAWG

Al Sayre

Dóh!  I was left clicking all over the place... Got it thanks
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

DC

Surrogate Predator: I can't believe they didn't think of that before....

c172drv

Nice intermission muisic.  I'm really groooving with it. >:D
John Jester
VAWG

NCRblues

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Fubar

I tuned in at the tail end of someone discussing real-time video proposals - is this something 1AF is looking to task CAP with?

DC

Quote from: Fubar on September 03, 2009, 08:24:08 PM
I tuned in at the tail end of someone discussing real-time video proposals - is this something 1AF is looking to task CAP with?
Yeah, they're looking to eventually fit 20 182s with a Predator-like sensor turret to fly real time video missions for NORTHCOM.

They're currently in a closed session for the next however-long-it-takes.

c172drv

Quote from: Fubar on September 03, 2009, 08:24:08 PM

Yes, they are looking at purchasing kits that would allow us to provide realtime video to them or other "decision makers".  Initially it would pe a kit but then possibly move to a pod type installation.

John
John Jester
VAWG

c172drv

What did they break for again.  I heard the General speaking but before I could get back towards the computer they were gone again?
John Jester
VAWG

NCRblues

more secret hush hush metting...? random

DC

Quote from: c172drv on September 03, 2009, 08:30:53 PM
What did they break for again.  I heard the General speaking but before I could get back towards the computer they were gone again?
Closed Session. Eyes Only National Board, BoG, CAP-USAF, previous National CCs, and a bunch of other people.

Only 70 or so people allowed in the room, real hush-hush, secret squirrel stuff.

NCRblues

but not the gen pop of cap members huh? ::)

A.Member

Why advertise for your membership to attend a streaming meeting if you're going to make it private/closed half the time?
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Al Sayre

Gotta admit, these closed sessions just add to the anxiety of the membership and fuel the conspiracy theorists.  They're also just plain annoying if you are trying to plan your activities around watching the stream only to have it interrupted for closed sessions.  If I knew when they were coming back I could be doing other things. (like my real job  :D >:D)
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

C/MSgt Lunsford

The Closed Session makes me wonder... Are they talking about new stuff for CAP? I liked that they would be bringing Computers into more Squadrons. This is the First time I have seen Major General Speak.

I think its pretty cool, wish I could be down there.

Wright Brothers #13915

DC

Quote from: Lunsford on September 03, 2009, 09:03:18 PM
The Closed Session makes me wonder... Are they talking about new stuff for CAP? I liked that they would be bringing Computers into more Squadrons. This is the First time I have seen Major General Speak.

I think its pretty cool, wish I could be down there.
No, probably more like budget and Homeland Security/Counter Drug stuff.

Fubar

Al Sayre

They're back.  Vice Commander election speeches.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

RiverAux

Campaign videos for national vice commander?  Seriously?

DC

Quote from: RiverAux on September 03, 2009, 09:30:49 PM
Campaign videos for national vice commander?  Seriously?
Yeah...

I love Col. Chazell's, so dramatic!