Does CAP Have Military Family SUpport?

Started by 2ltAlexD, June 01, 2009, 12:26:29 AM

2ltAlexD

In the CG Aux, I am going to be training in communications and public education, things I know I can do. As far as encampment, I just felt like I was there but not allowed to help. I wanted to participate in communications in my CAP squadron, but thwy were not willing to let me train for it. The IA one will, but its too far to travel for.
Des Moines Metro Cadet Squadron

PA Guy

Quote from: 2ltAlexD on June 08, 2009, 05:53:33 PM
They put me with a Cadet in encampment, when they should have had a senior member assist me,

OK I'm confused.  Why was having a cadet assist you as a guide inappropriate?  Or was there more involved than just acting as your guide?

2ltAlexD

Well, apparently senior members aren't to be alone with Cadets, so it wasn't really allowed.
Quote from: PA Guy on June 08, 2009, 08:54:50 PM
They put me with a Cadet in encampment, when they should have had a senior member assist me,

OK I'm confused.  Why was having a cadet assist you as a guide inappropriate?  Or was there more involved than just acting as your guide?

Capt Rivera

Quote from: 2ltAlexD on June 08, 2009, 07:16:13 PM
I just need someone to lead me when going from place to place. Other than that, I'm pretty well independent. Are you Josh from encampment? I think I know you from last year.

Hi Alex,

I am the Josh that spoke with you at encampment. After you provided more information I recognized who you were. 

So although I know more regarding the situation in question, I do not know the the full dynamic in your previous squadron or anything that took place after encampment.

In regards to Civil Air Patrol, a non profit organization consisting mostly of unpaid volunteers, accommodations can and should be attempted but some things can not be required... People will choose to serve elsewhere.

Unfortunately, I can not tell a member that they will assist you in whatever duty you choose. In order to force someone to do this, the option has to be do it or leave CAP. I am sorry but this will not happen. If this was a scenario where we had paid staff members, things would be easier.

I can see you being a mission radio operator, but that is a skill that is not used on a weekly basis. If you were to serve as a personnel officer or admin officer or ES Officer, all would require you to be able to read non braille type/print unless someone was reading for you, correct?

As a public affairs officer you could probably function independently besides needing a guide.  This assumes that there is someone who could take pictures/videos for you should that be needed. (Pictures and/or video is almost always recommended.)

As a leadership officer, you can probably teach lessons that the cadets don't teach themselves, however I wonder how well you could inspect a uniform, give feedback on marching, etc...

You know from previous conversation with me where I stand. I believe there can be a place and opportunity for you to serve with CAP. I fully understand that you are an independent & intelligent woman but I am hard pressed to find a way, given the conversation thus far, for you to independently serve in CAP.

I believe you spoke of fairness or something not being right. Is it fair or right to tell an adult that after their hard day at work, they have no option but to serve in a specific way that they may not have the desire or motivation to serve in?

Rather the stating that CAP is failing you, how about we work to find a way for you to get the assistance that appears to be needed. Again you should not expect a CAP member to HAVE to serve in this capacity nor should one feel they need to simply because no one else is willing. Guilt is not the motivation I want to see any CAP member have.

You would know better then me. What are the organizations out there? Have you contacted them? What was the result of that contact? Do you need help communicating with those organizations so that they understand what support is needed, why and what this opportunity to serve means to you.

There are many here who wish to help you serve. Please meet us half way.

If you prefer to contact me outside of this forum, as I've told you in the past, contact me. You should already have my contact information, let me know if you lost it.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

2ltAlexD

First of all, I didn't say I want people to feel guilty! How hard is it to guide me? I should be able to serve just like everyone else, and what you write here is pure discremination! I am just so sick of this crap being treated like this! You might as well have just said we don't want you in CAP because you're a problem!

Ned

Lt,

I apologize, but I'm still a little confused about what you are asking of us.

By way of background, I have blind family members and have known at least one severely visually impaired CAP member so I have some sense about the issues involved.

FWIW, there is no rule that prohibits cadets from being alone with a senior.  Otherwise, I suspect that just about every chaplain and CAP orientation pilot would be in violation!   :D

CAP is composed of thousands of terrific volunteers.  Sure, sometimes we get cranky just like everyone else.  But I don't think you could find a more positive and helpful group of folks.

But what is it that you are seeking?

Ned Lee

RogueLeader

2ltAlexD

In addtion to being in CAP, I'm an Eqipment Operator in the Army.  i have a condition called Congenital Nystagmus.  It causes my eyes to move back and forth.  I have absolutely no control over this.  Unfortunately, this condition does not do well for the Army.  It is not a safe thing for me to drive heavy equipment on roads.  My platoon mates like me and all that, but not one wants me in combat with them, because I can't shoot, and not safe.  I am currently in the process of getting a reclass to where those don't really matter. 

I have wanted to be in the army for as long as I can remember, and it literally brike my heart when I realized that I can't serve as an Army Engineer.

I have however, found a  way to cantinue to serve in the Army.  It does me no good to whine and complain about it.  Life is not fair, and we have to make the best of it.

I commend you for wanting to volunteer for CAP, and even more for wanting to stick with it; even when you are asked to reconsider.

A peice of advice that I can give is to be proactive about things.  Find things that you can do.  It may not always be the things that you want to do, but give them a reason to want you around.

I believe that you can be an active CAP member, it just won't be as easy because of how your body is.

Everybody has a job in the unit as well.  You can get one too, go get it.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

2ltAlexD

Thanks so much for your service sir. That is amazing that you still serve with your condition. THanks for your advice. I would do what ever. Even if it was cleaning trash cans, but no one wants me in my local squadron, or else I would be attending meeetings and not be saving up to fly to Iowa for a once a year meeting.
Quote from: RogueLeader on June 08, 2009, 11:28:59 PM
2ltAlexD

In addtion to being in CAP, I'm an Eqipment Operator in the Army.  i have a condition called Congenital Nystagmus.  It causes my eyes to move back and forth.  I have absolutely no control over this.  Unfortunately, this condition does not do well for the Army.  It is not a safe thing for me to drive heavy equipment on roads.  My platoon mates like me and all that, but not one wants me in combat with them, because I can't shoot, and not safe.  I am currently in the process of getting a reclass to where those don't really matter. 

I have wanted to be in the army for as long as I can remember, and it literally brike my heart when I realized that I can't serve as an Army Engineer.

I have however, found a  way to cantinue to serve in the Army.  It does me no good to whine and complain about it.  Life is not fair, and we have to make the best of it.

I commend you for wanting to volunteer for CAP, and even more for wanting to stick with it; even when you are asked to reconsider.

A peice of advice that I can give is to be proactive about things.  Find things that you can do.  It may not always be the things that you want to do, but give them a reason to want you around.

I believe that you can be an active CAP member, it just won't be as easy because of how your body is.

Everybody has a job in the unit as well.  You can get one too, go get it.

Capt Rivera

Quote from: 2ltAlexD on June 08, 2009, 11:15:19 PM
First of all, I didn't say I want people to feel guilty! How hard is it to guide me? I should be able to serve just like everyone else, and what you write here is pure discremination! I am just so sick of this crap being treated like this! You might as well have just said we don't want you in CAP because you're a problem!

You are very quick to claim someone discriminated against you. What I can tell you about your treatment is that screaming discrimination when none was given is not going to cause anyone to want to invest their time to help you or support you.

I have not called you a problem nor have I indicated that you don't belong in CAP. I however will not lie to you or pretend that there aren't things that need to be addressed. If you don't want my help, my time will be invested in other ways. Treat others the same and you will likely loose what support you have. You mentioned in the past that you want to be treated like any other adult, and this is how your being treated.

You may wish to re read my previous message and think about what was stated and what was asked. You did not address a single point I made or answer a single question I asked. At this point you do a disservice to yourself.

I understand that you are frustrated with a situation that I did not have any part in. However, I do not appreciate your frustration being directed towards me. I may be able to assist you, assuming you still reside in this state, however, I do expect every CAP member to conduct themselves in a professional way.

Your misplaced accusation of discrimination was neither warranted, appropriate or professional. I have in the past provided you with the information you need to make a proper report of discrimination. If you truly feel I have discriminated against you, by all means, make that report.

I have another question for you. How many people do you think will be weary of providing you with information or answers to questions if they have to be concerned that their honesty will result in you accusing them of discrimination simple because they say something you just don't want to hear?

* Edited for readability... added some more emphasis where I think it's needed...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

Capt Rivera

Wikipedia: Definition of discrimination:
QuoteDiscrimination toward or against a person of a certain group is the treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit. It can be behavior promoting a certain group (e.g. affirmative action), or it can be negative behavior directed against a certain group (e.g. redlining).
Learn more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination

Dictionary.com:   Definition of discrimination:
Quote1. an act or instance of discriminating.
2.    treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.
Learn more: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/discrimination

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:
QuoteTypes of Discrimination
    * Age Discrimination
    * Disability Discrimination
    * Equal Pay and Compensation Discrimination
    * National Origin Discrimination
    * Pregnancy Discrimination
    * Race-Based Discrimination
    * Religious Discrimination
    * Retaliation
    * Sex-Based Discrimination
    * Sexual Harassment
Learn more: http://www.eeoc.gov/types/index.html
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

Lpenn

NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS CIVIL AIR PATROL CAP REGULATION 36-1 22 AUGUST 2008 INCLUDES CHANGE 1, 26 JANUARY 2009 Nondiscrimination CIVIL AIR PATROL NONDISCRIMINATION PROGRAM This regulation establishes the background, authority, and purpose of the Civil Air Patrol Nondiscrimination Program. It defines CAP's Nondiscrimination Policy, as specified in the Civil Air Patrol Constitution, and the practices and procedures for ensuring the membership isaware of CAP's intolerance for discrimination in any form. This Program implements provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (PL 88-352), Title III of the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 (PL 94-135), Department of Defense (DOD) Directive 5500.11, Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Programs, DOD Directive 1020.1, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Handicap in Programs and Activities Assisted or Conducted by the Department of Defense, and Air Force Instruction (AFI) 36-2707, Nondiscrimination in Programs and Activities Assisted or Conducted by the Department of the Air Force, and other statutes and directives governing nondiscrimination. Note: This is a new regulation. 1. Background. a. The Constitution of the Civil Air Patrol, Article VII, states, "Discrimination based onrace, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, or disability is prohibited." b. Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides that no person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. c. Title III of the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 provides that no person in the UnitedStates shall, on the basis of age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federalfinancial assistance. d. DOD Directive 5500.11, Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Programs, is the basic implementing directive for Department of Defense compliance with the Title VI, Civil Rights Act of 1964, and is applicable to the Civil Air Patrol. e. DOD Directive 1020.1, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Handicap in Programs and Activities Assisted or Conducted by the Department of Defense, is the basic implementing directive for DOD compliance with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 504. It states that no qualified handicapped person in the United States shall on the basis of handicap be excluded from participation in, denied the benefit of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity conducted by the Federal Government or receiving Federal financial assistance. OPR: EXS Distribution: In accordance with CAPR 5-4. Approved by: CAP/CC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 2
2 CAPR 36-1 22 AUGUST 2008 f. AFI 36-2707, Nondiscrimination in Programs and Activities Assisted or Conducted bythe Department of the Air Force, is the Air Force implementing directive for DOD Directive 5500.11 and DOD Directive 1020.1. 2. Civil Air Patrol Policy of Nondiscrimination. It is Civil Air Patrol policy that no membershall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination in any CAP program or activity on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, or disability (formerly handicap). It is Civil Air Patrol policy that no applicant meeting CAP's minimum age requirement will be denied membership in CAP on the basis of race, sex, age,color, religion, national origin, or disability (formerly handicap). 3. Definitions. For the purposes of CAP regulations in the 36 series: a. "CAP Member" See CAPR 39-2, Civil Air Patrol Membership.b. Qualified Member with a Disability" means a CAP member with a disability who, either with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions requiredby a CAP program or activity that such CAP member desires to participate in without endangering him/herself, other CAP members, or CAP property.c. "Report of Investigation" (ROI) means the final report written by the EOO or the assigned investigating officer outlining the findings and conclusions of the investigation. d. "Reprise or Reprisal" See CAPR 123-2, Complaints. 4. Responsibilities. a. National Headquarters.(1) The Civil Air Patrol Executive Director (EX) shall appoint a Corporate Equal Opportunity Officer (EOO) to manage volunteer programs and address volunteer issuesassociated with the CAP Nondiscrimination Program. (2) The EX shall seek concurrence from the National Commander on the EOO appointment. b. CAP National Commander.(1) Shall coordinate with the EX in the selection and appointment of the EOO. (2) Shall annually issue to all units within CAP a Commander's Statement ofNondiscrimination to include directions for the widest dissemination of the CAP Nondiscrimination Policy. c. CAP Equal Opportunity Officer (EOO). (1) Shall be responsible for implementing a program for addressing the nondiscrimination concerns of and for the handling of all discrimination allegations/complaintsthat relate to CAP volunteer members. Complaints relating to CAP employees shall be handled in accordance with the CAP Corporate Employee Handbook.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 3
CAPR 36-1 (C1) 26 JANUARY 2009 3 (2) By the fact of his/her appointment, the EOO is directed to conduct, or cause to be conducted, an analytical review of all allegations of discrimination and an investigation of all complaints of discrimination deemed sufficient to require the conduct of such an investigation in as efficient and expeditious manner as possible. Procedures and guidelines for meeting this responsibility are delineated in CAPR 36-2, Complaints Under the Civil Air PatrolNondiscrimination Policy. d. All Commanders. (1) Are responsible for implementing and enforcing CAP policies, procedures, and directives prohibiting discrimination throughout their respective commands. (2) Will ensure that the CAP Nondiscrimination Policy is briefed annually to all members within their respective commands. (3) Will make every effort to ensure diversity in recruiting new members into CAP. (4) Will maintain such records as they determine necessary to ensure compliancewith these directives. These records will be made available for inspection upon request of theEOO, assessment teams (see CAPR 123-3, CAP Compliance Assessment Program) or other competent authority. e. CAP Members. (1) Will comply with the letter and the intent of the CAP Nondiscrimination Policy. (2) Will cooperate with the EOO, or his/her designated representative, in the investigation and resolution of complaints of discrimination or allegations of violation of the CAP Nondiscrimination Policy. 5. Nondiscrimination Program Management. a. The EOO shall establish programs and procedures to ensure the CAP membership isaware of CAP's Nondiscrimination Policy.b. The EOO shall establish programs and procedures to ensure the CAP members are aware of their rights and responsibilities in filing complaints when violations of CAP's Nondiscrimination Policy occur.c. The EOO shall work in cooperation with functional area managers, both at NHQ CAP and CAP's volunteer leadership, to encourage equal opportunity in recruiting, execution ofCAP's missions and programs, promotions, awards and educational opportunities. d. Familiarization with CAP's Equal Opportunity program will be included in all new-member orientation/training programs (i.e.: Level I for senior members and phase 1 for cadets). e. The EOO will cause an independent, on-line Equal Opportunity Training (EOT) program to be accessible through the NHQ CAP website. All active senior members (to include cadet sponsor, life and 50-year members) shall complete this on-line EOT program. f. Allegations of violations of the policies delineated in this regulation will be handled in accordance with the provisions of CAPR 36-2. g. The EOO will compile an annual report summarizing the activities of the CAP Equal Opportunity program to include any and all complaints/allegations and their resolutions. This report will be distributed to the CAP Board of Governors, National Board, CAP/EX and the CAP-USAF Inspector General.
Page 4
NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS CIVIL AIR PATROL CHANGE 1 CAP REGULATION 36-1 26 JANUARY 2009 Nondiscrimination Civil Air Patrol Nondiscrimination Program CAP Regulation 36-1, 22 August 2008, is changed as follows: Page-Insert Change. Remove Insert 3/4 3/4 Note: Shaded areas identify new or revised material.OPR: EXS Distribution: National CAP website. Approved by: CAP/CC

2ltAlexD

This is exactly what is happening in my old squadron. The exact reason I can't serve locally! I wasn't even going to get to attend encampment due to me being blind and because it was "unsafe." According to my commander.

Lpenn

The laws are in place for a reason.  It is very easy to shuffle a disabled person around until they become frustrated and either leave or quit.  You can qoute the discrimination policy and laws as can I.  It appears the simple question here is why can you not accomidate this young lady.  If you are a volunteer as are all members, you are providing a service to this country which includes those people in it.  Instead of quoting discrimination policies and provoking a fight about what she CANNOT do -- STATE INSTEAD WHAT SHE CAN DO.  I find your responses both cold and hard and very unnecessary.  You appear to have a CANNOT DO attitude instead of a CAN DO attitude. 

I would suggest this young lady investigate further to determine what she can do.  You sir, are blantantly avowing that there is NOTHING she can do to serve.  This would be considered discrimnation as you are saying reasonable accomidations can not be made.

Capt Rivera

Quote from: Lpenn on June 09, 2009, 12:12:14 AM
The laws are in place for a reason.  It is very easy to shuffle a disabled person around until they become frustrated and either leave or quit.  You can qoute the discrimination policy and laws as can I.  It appears the simple question here is why can you not accomidate this young lady.  If you are a volunteer as are all members, you are providing a service to this country which includes those people in it.  Instead of quoting discrimination policies and provoking a fight about what she CANNOT do -- STATE INSTEAD WHAT SHE CAN DO.  I find your responses both cold and hard and very unnecessary.  You appear to have a CANNOT DO attitude instead of a CAN DO attitude. 

I would suggest this young lady investigate further to determine what she can do.  You sir, are blantantly avowing that there is NOTHING she can do to serve.  This would be considered discrimnation as you are saying reasonable accomidations can not be made.

Did I not ask if I was correct in my understanding of the situation? My understanding or lack thereof is based on many hours spent in direct contact with Alex and having spoken to her regarding the situation in her previous squadron.  [situation @ the time I spoke with her]

Again, I address the issues and await feedback on what can be done, what could have been done, etc.

I asked if she is able to serve in those capacities? Neither Alex or you have stated that she could perform any specific duties on a normal meeting night without any assistance. If Alex is able to serve, great! This would mean that the squadron in question and that commander needs "assistance" from higher HQ.

If an adult member is needed for the duty of Alex's choice, I then looked to address the issue of attaining a volunteer or paid person who is willing or directed to assist. It would be helpful if this person was from outside of CAP initially... If someone in CAP wants to serve in this capacity, they of course can, however, I do not see how that can be enforced upon anyone who can just choose not to show up. (Someone must be willing)

Where is there prevention? I firmly believe a issue needs to be addressed and considered before a true solution can be provided. It seems that you, Lpenn who just joined CAPtalk are very passionate regarding this issue. Please use your passion in a constructive way and lets find a reasonable solution.

So far I see no solution provided other then statements of what is desired and even those lack details....

Many have asked... What does Alex want to do and what support is actually needed to make that happen. Where is the answer? How can we help if we don't have answers to the legitimate questions we ask?

Not knowing what duty Alex wishes to perform... I can only speak in general terms. If one is able to read printed type face and hand written words on paper then there should be no issue. If you are unable to, help would be needed to do certain jobs requiring that function.

QuoteDOD Directive 1020.1, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Handicap in Programs and Activities Assisted or Conducted by the Department of Defense, is the basic implementing directive for DOD compliance with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 504. It states that no qualified handicapped person in the United States shall on the basis of handicap be excluded from participation in, denied the benefit of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity conducted by the Federal Government or receiving Federal financial assistance. OPR: EXS Distribution: In accordance with CAPR 5-4. Approved by: CAP/CC

QuoteQualified Member with a Disability" means a CAP member with a disability who, either with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions required by a CAP program or activity that such CAP member desires to participate in without endangering him/herself, other CAP members, or CAP property.

Alex,

Please help us all understand which duties you are qualified to do without any assistance other then a guide from point A to point B.

- Please consider that a guide is the only accommodation you have requested thus far

- Please consider that a guide will leave you at point B until you are ready to relocate to another location.

Alex, I can not speak to your experiences in your previous squadron anymore then I have already face to face during said encampment. I provided all assistance on that subject I could during encampment and offered my continued assistance should you desire to pursue the issue of the indicated mistreatment.

I fail to see how I can be of further assistance to you with the issues of your participation at this point without more information.

Lpenn, if you wish to help, encourage Alex to answer the many questions asked today that remain unanswered. Once those questions are answered, we have a responsibility, no, a duty, to try to continue helping in these regards. Without answers, the ball remains in Alex's court.

I am sure that those here who have already expressed interest and those who have yet to find this topic would be honored to provide factual answers/solutions, me least of all... Alex, help us help you...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

Lpenn

Clearly I am passionate about this issue for many reasons.  I have had over 20 years of experience with the visually impaired and have assisted in many instances trying to make people understand what it means to be blind.  Evidently, as I stated, you are giving her CAN NOTS.  As a Leader, you should be familiar enough with the capabilities of each member and be able to assign them tasks and duties which are a fit with their capabilities.  This is where you digress into focusing on the blindness and not what she can do.  As you can see, she is quite proficient with both computers, telephones and anything requiring voice needs.  My question is this - a person who cannot use a computer would be considered handicapped and not be placed in a postion requiring them to use one.  Therefore, use her ABILITIES of which from my reading she has many, along with her passionate desire to help this country.

As a leader, it is best to look for strengths instead of weaknesses.  You are asking her what she can do.  She has clearly told you and demonstrated.  Now, it is up to the leader to place her in a position best suited to those abilities.     

Capt Rivera

Quote from: Lpenn on June 09, 2009, 01:09:49 AM
Clearly I am passionate about this issue for many reasons.  I have had over 20 years of experience with the visually impaired and have assisted in many instances trying to make people understand what it means to be blind.  Evidently, as I stated, you are giving her CAN NOTS.  As a Leader, you should be familiar enough with the capabilities of each member and be able to assign them tasks and duties which are a fit with their capabilities.  This is where you digress into focusing on the blindness and not what she can do.  As you can see, she is quite proficient with both computers, telephones and anything requiring voice needs.  My question is this - a person who cannot use a computer would be considered handicapped and not be placed in a postion requiring them to use one.  Therefore, use her ABILITIES of which from my reading she has many, along with her passionate desire to help this country.

As a leader, it is best to look for strengths instead of weaknesses.  You are asking her what she can do.  She has clearly told you and demonstrated.  Now, it is up to the leader to place her in a position best suited to those abilities.   

Thank you for the education. I guess we are done here as I am not her commander and the situation at each squadron is different so I can't pretend to know what she might be able to do at each.

I invite you Lpenn to list the specific duties she can do that are universal to any and every squadron. Then I guess it will be up to that squadron commander to see if your list is applicable to his squadron...

Maybe I am wrong for wanting to understand what a person can & can't do before assigning jobs... I guess I equally discriminate against everyone because I ask those questions before recommending any duty.

Ohh... and I did ask for the "can do" things... but they were not given...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

Lpenn

Boggles the mind how clearly she stated what she could do and I even repeated her abilities from her posts.  Blindness is not only a physical challenge to many but a mental challenge for those who are sighted.  Your flippant attitude towards this issue clearly shows your lack of sight in this matter.  I too am finished and am advising the young lady to contact the necessary leadership in this matter as you clearly have made up your mind to ignore requests for assistance.