Main Menu

1st CAP Meeting

Started by C/MSgt Lunsford, May 05, 2009, 05:11:27 AM

C/MSgt Lunsford

Hey Guys. This might be a little Off Topic but, tomorrow is my 1st CAP Meeting at 1900 hours. Wish me luck.  ;D

Wright Brothers #13915

BTCS1*

Welcome to CAP, hope you enjoy it! Which wing/ squadron are you in(or will be in)?
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

IceNine

Pack a pen, notebook

Wear a watch.

Turn the Cell off or to stun.

2 Ears, 2 Eye's, 1 Mouth... Use them accordingly.

Above all

Have fun

Be Safe

Learn Something.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

IceNine

Quote from: BTCS1* on May 05, 2009, 05:13:16 AM
Welcome to CAP, hope you enjoy it! Which wing/ squadron are you in(or will be in)?

As if the signature wasn't conspicuous enough... ;D

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

BTCS1*

LOL can't see the sig on my phone. What does it say? ;)(rly whts it say? lol)

USADOD

Martinsburg Squadron - WV Wing  [For the Phone browser(s)]

Welcome to C.A.P. , hopefully your first meeting is better than mines. Takes notes, ask questions and provide feedback.
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: IceNine on May 05, 2009, 05:13:54 AM
Pack a pen, notebook

Wear a watch.

Turn the Cell off or to stun.

2 Ears, 2 Eye's, 1 Mouth... Use them accordingly.

Above all

Have fun

Be Safe

Learn Something.

Thanks. I will take a mental note.  :)

Wright Brothers #13915

JROB

Welcome to CAP
Have Fun
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

Rotorhead

Quote from: Lunsford on May 05, 2009, 05:11:27 AM
Hey Guys. This might be a little Off Topic but, tomorrow is my 1st CAP Meeting at 1900 hours. Wish me luck.  ;D
Don't forget to look for your CAP buddy...this s the "other" guy who attends his first meeting the same day you do.

You'll end up pretty darned close to this person, even if you have nothing else in common. It's weird, but it does happen.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

biomed441

Quote from: Rotorhead on May 05, 2009, 04:01:01 PM
Don't forget to look for your CAP buddy...this s the "other" guy who attends his first meeting the same day you do.

You'll end up pretty darned close to this person, even if you have nothing else in common. It's weird, but it does happen.

I'll second that. Cadets and Seniors alike.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Captainbob441 on May 05, 2009, 07:00:42 PM
Quote from: Rotorhead on May 05, 2009, 04:01:01 PM

I'll second that. Cadets and Seniors alike.

I guess those are the people that turn out to become you life time buddy. Who knows.  ;D

Wright Brothers #13915

a2capt

Heh, yeah- I hope it's better than my first one was ;)

...of course that was in Dec. 2001, and I'm still active. But I sure had to beat down the tics in politics.. and wait out others.

DBlair

So... how did your first meeting go?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

C/MSgt Lunsford

Hello fellow CAP Cadets. My first Civil Air Patrol Meeting went very well. I met up with a Newbie like me and I made friends with a High Ranking Cadet Senior Chief Master Sergeant. Wow that was a mouth load.  ;D When I continue next week to my 2nd Meeting next Tuesday, I will fill out my Application with my $25 Application fee and then receive my BDUs.

Hooah. I am almost there.  ;D

Wright Brothers #13915

BTCS1*

Glad you enjoyed the meeting and are joining! One word of advice, the only thing that will hold you back from promotion(usualy, at least to junior enisted CAP) is the PFT, so look at the requirements for your age and practice so you will be ready. That and... KNOW YOUR OATH!!! In order to be prmoted that is required of you, I know a cadet who didn't get promoted due to this! ;D

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: BTCS1* on May 06, 2009, 02:57:43 AM
Glad you enjoyed the meeting and are joining! One word of advice, the only thing that will hold you back from promotion(usualy, at least to junior enisted CAP) is the PFT, so look at the requirements for your age and practice so you will be ready. That and... KNOW YOUR OATH!!! In order to be prmoted that is required of you, I know a cadet who didn't get promoted due to this! ;D

Could you send me a link to were I can find the Oath. And sorry I don't know what this is but what is a PFT  ;D

Wright Brothers #13915

IceNine

Quote from: Lunsford on May 06, 2009, 03:01:19 AM
Quote from: BTCS1* on May 06, 2009, 02:57:43 AM

Could you send me a link to were I can find the Oath. And sorry I don't know what this is but what is a PFT  ;D

PFT or in CAP CPFT is Cadet Physical Fitness Training.

We follow the President's Challenge fitness rules.  You should aim for 75% or higher, you will only need 30% to start but no reason not to shoot for the most you'll need now.

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/P052_018_501C183A14D19.pdf

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

BTCS1*

While I don't know a link to it, it is printed in the leadership text you will get with your aerospace modules. However, it is on your application and goes as follows:  "I pledge to serve faithfully in the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program and that I will attend meetings regularly, participate actively in unit activities, obey my officers, wear my uniform properly, and advance my education and training rapidly to prepare myself to be of service to my community, state, and nation." As for PFT, that is the physical fitness test, the requirements can be found on the CAP site(which I assume you know) by clicking the cadet programs link, in thet click ranks, then click the one for airman. Hope that helps, feel free to contact me if you have any questions along the way in CAP.

BTCS1*

Airrace

The Cadet Oath
"I pledge to serve faithfully in the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program and that I will attend meetings regularly, participate actively in unit activities, obey my officers, wear my uniform properly, and advance my education and training rapidly to prepare myself to be of service to my community, state, and nation."