Main Menu

Wing Administrators

Started by DG, May 04, 2009, 07:17:11 PM

DG

Do the Wing Administrators get paid the same, irrespective of the size of the Wing?

Does the Wing Administrator for Rhode Island (1 squadron) or Vermont (4 squadrons) get paid the same as the Wing Administrator for Florida (100 squadrons)??

EMT-83

One squadron in RI? Last I knew, there were five.

dwb

I don't know the answer, but I suspect the pay scale may have more to do with cost of living than size of Wing.

Why does it matter?

swamprat86

I would imagine that it would be realtively the same.  The base pay is probably the same but the cost of living may make it different location to location.

Spike

Wing Admin's get the same HOURLY rate.  They are then either Full-Time or Part-Time. 

I seriously don't understand why we have Wing Administrators in Wings with Paid Wing Staff (i.e. Executive Directors etc.).  Plus we are funding financial Analysts, who will be doing inventory audits, why have a Wing Administrator and a Wing Financial Analyst?

I see some major redundancy and waste of Tax Payer dollars here. 

BrandonKea

Makes you wonder if the financial analyst would show that the best way to save money would be to get rid of the financial analyst, et al.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

FW

Quote from: Spike on May 04, 2009, 07:43:53 PM
Wing Admin's get the same HOURLY rate.  They are then either Full-Time or Part-Time. 

I seriously don't understand why we have Wing Administrators in Wings with Paid Wing Staff (i.e. Executive Directors etc.).  Plus we are funding financial Analysts, who will be doing inventory audits, why have a Wing Administrator and a Wing Financial Analyst?

I see some major redundancy and waste of Tax Payer dollars here.

Wing Administrators are paid different rates depending on responsibility and cost of living. 
They are employed by CAP and paid with "appropriated" dollars.

Wing Financial Analysts provide financial and logistics oversight for the wings.  They are not "auditing"
They have/will take the place of CAP-USAF in doing these tasks; because we do such a good job and, CAP-USAF no longer has the man power to do it.  (Saves the taxpayers big bucks  ;D )

Wing employees are paid by the individual wings via state grants or appropriation.    Having state (paid) employees is a factor in the terms of employment for a WA.

I seriously doubt there is a "redundency" in having a WA and a state (paid) employee.  WA's are basicly "book keepers", taking care of check posting and inventory posting.  State paid employees are usually secretaries or have management/legislative duties.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: EMT-83 on May 04, 2009, 07:22:15 PM
One squadron in RI? Last I knew, there were five.

Six, we created a legislative squadron