Wing Electronic Newsletters

Started by JC004, August 07, 2008, 04:29:32 AM

JC004

Do other wings out there have electronic newsletters that they send out on a regular basis?  Say, to update members on regulation changes, new policies, upcoming events, etc.?

Major Carrales

The Texas Wing does not as yet.  I maintain an eletronic newsletter on a weekly basis for those in and out of the unit.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

RiverAux

The NHQ public affairs page has links to a several newsletters from across the country.  By no means a complete list. 

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on August 07, 2008, 04:36:03 AM
The NHQ public affairs page has links to a several newsletters from across the country.  By no means a complete list. 

Thanks for that one.  I saw the plans, but not those.

PAWG had (it is not published at the moment) a newsletter that was along the lines of Volunteer - stories, feature stuff.  I'm looking to see what wings do to get out the word on reg changes, upcoming events, new policies, etc., etc.

Shotgun

I'm the PA and IT officer for our squadron.

We've set up mailing lists for the Cadets and Officers.

An email sent by an approved person is automatically distributed to every member's individual email address.

We use it for meeting agendas, event/training opportunities, mission call-ups, and regulation and policy updates. (As well as any squadron business that needs to be communicated)

It works really well for us and we are expanding the concept by setting up a "hangertalk" list. This one will be open to anyone interested in joining and is meant to be extension of our squadron community. Anyone who joins can share interesting aviation/CAP related links and stories.

bosshawk

CAWG does not have an electronic newsletter of any sort.  We do have a printed mag, similar to the National one, but it comes out irregularly.  I think that the intent is to do it every two months, but the editor keeps changing and my sense is that it doesn't make the 60 day interval.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

IceNine

IL has a new blog that works pretty well, except that the contributors are fairly isolated geographically.

However we are told (AGAIN) that the wing PAO is going to start publishing his monthly newsletter.  They are actually pretty entertaining.  Problem is over the past few years his health has been a roller coaster which has precluded him from publishing on a regular basis. We shall see how it goes.

Last months copy here http://ilwg.cap.gov/pao/ look at reCAP
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

BigMojo

Florida has one...regular basis is debatable though.
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

kpetersen

Nebraska Wing has one:  http://www.newg-cap.org/Bulletin/

We get between 1 and 4 a month depending on how much stuff is going on.
Kat Petersen, Maj, CAP

♠SARKID♠

WIWG has something called the Wing-info list.  Members can send an email to the server and it is immediately mailed out to ever member in the wing assuming they've signed onto the list.  Its a very reliable, efficient, and constant stream of data.  I have it set to be recieved in digest form (a couple emails piled into one, rather than each email sent individually) and usually get a post or two a day.