Main Menu

USCG Painting

Started by Flying Pig, July 02, 2008, 06:57:25 PM

Flying Pig

Someone emailed this to me.  I think there are a few Coasties here that might appreciate it.  The poem is titled "Dads Dream" which is the name of a boat, named in honor of someone who the USCG rescued.  I havent been able to find what the words are at the bottom of the painting because I cant read them here.

OK, I found it.

"An epic adventure over the turbulent waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Giant swells that will capsize ships threaten the horizon line as the day turns to night. Tonight was a night of nights, an adventure would not end without hope much thanks to those who would risk their very lives while they plunge into the icy seas to pluck those clinging to life after disaster seized their dreams. A crew from Cape Cod launches their Search and Rescue Team from the shores of Canadian Nova Scotia. Their mission, to find a forty-five foot pleasure craft, named "Dad's Dream", that has been foundering the cold North Atlantic Ocean. A storm blew in leftover from a hurricane and has taken the sailors by surprise. Now all there is left is to survive..."