Main Menu

PAWG shuts down

Started by mikeylikey, April 14, 2008, 08:02:38 PM

FW

As I've heard it, aircraft and vehicle inspections are complete.  However, only about 50% of the members in PAWG have completed "10 Sec. ORM"  and reported it.

mikeylikey

Quote from: Tubacap on April 22, 2008, 10:51:00 AM
but definitely still under the Orange Hat!

hahahhah hahaha hahahaha   :clap:

Thats a good one Will!
What's up monkeys?

Big_Ed

???

50%????

We've been working for months on getting everyone up to date with OPSEC.   50% in one week, I don't think so. 
Edgar R. Flick, Lt. Colonel, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer,
Pennsylvania Wing/NERPA001
Member since 1977

FW

The wing staff sent emails to every address on record.  They got a 50% response rate within 1 week. 

mikeylikey

^ They did?

Everyone I talk to say no such email came.  That would include Wing Staff and Group Staff and SQD Commanders. 
What's up monkeys?

MattPHS2002

I never got the e-mail, I got the info from other sources.
1Lt Matt Gamret

NER-PA-002 Drug Demand Reduction Officer

JC004

mine came from the comm training list...nothing general

FW

I got one and took the course too.  And I'm not associated with PAWG anymore.
:D

A.Member

Quote from: FW on April 17, 2008, 11:07:50 AM
Some interesting safety notes on PAWG:
The wing has not had a mission related fatality or serious injury in over 30 years.
No wing wide aircraft or vehicle maint. issues; ever.
Four Turner Awards in the last 11 years.
So, hopefully the lesson learned here is that it doesn't matter what you did 30 years ago. 

You're only as good as your last safety inspection - and that's the way it should be. 

Hopefully the PAWG gets their act together and starts taking things a lot more seriously.   What's more, I hope other Wings are paying attention and ensure their houses in order too.

Quote from: 2d Lt Rudin on April 15, 2008, 01:29:10 AM
Quote from: 1st Lt FAT and FUZZY on April 14, 2008, 09:03:00 PM
This is a mass email I received                  C-

Commanders,

Unfortunately I had to ground Pennsylvania Wing yesterday, because of there their unsatisfactory grade in safety on theretheir CI inspection. All aircraft and vehicles are grounded, all training and emergency missions are suspended. I am going to do every thinkthing in my power to get Pennsylvania up and running as fast as possible. I will be asking for your help to see this through and I know we can get this accomplished soon. I have asked Col Mull and Col Sirois to lead the way and resolve this ASAP. The issues in question has bin been lingering for quitquite some time and it is not a reflection on Col Lee's leadership.

Thank you
Col Robert Diduch
NER CC

You would think the Region CC would have someone to proof read his official correspondence.

edit: And I really need to pay attention to that warning that comes up telling me there has been a new reply.
BTW, I agree with the comments above, although a C- is a bit generous.  That e-mail is an embarrassment.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

SAR-EMT1

What is the link to this ORM training? Im not in PAWG but Im interested in taking it anyway.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

tjaxe

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on April 22, 2008, 07:40:14 PM
What is the link to this ORM training? Im not in PAWG but Im interested in taking it anyway.

Go to http://level2.cap.gov/visitors/programs/safety/orm.cfm then select ORM university.
To navigate there from CAP.gov go to Members / Safety / ORM

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

flyerthom

I TAKE OFFENSE!  I am in Northen Pennsylvania, almost New York, but definitely still under the Orange Hat!

There's still time to escape before Colgan notices!
TC

MattPHS2002

Apparently PAWGHQ is trying to trim the dead wood. I just got an email asking CC's about inactive members.
1Lt Matt Gamret

NER-PA-002 Drug Demand Reduction Officer

JC004

Quote from: flyerthom on April 23, 2008, 03:18:33 AM
I TAKE OFFENSE!  I am in Northen Pennsylvania, almost New York, but definitely still under the Orange Hat!

There's still time to escape before Colgan notices!

Not going to happen.  I have my eye on him.  I need someone to keep the dates in the wing calendar so I can focus on freaking out about all the other information that I'm missing for the wing site.

W3ZR

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on April 23, 2008, 04:48:29 AM
Apparently PAWGHQ is trying to trim the dead wood. I just got an email asking CC's about inactive members.

Interesting observation, there is now and was when I was a member 20 years
ago several "paper" members, you see their name on paper , but no one quite
remembers who they are and what they did for CAP.

Robert Montgomery, soon to be former Captain, CAP

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

LittleIronPilot

Quote from: A.Member on April 22, 2008, 05:56:03 PM
Quote from: FW on April 17, 2008, 11:07:50 AM
Some interesting safety notes on PAWG:
The wing has not had a mission related fatality or serious injury in over 30 years.
No wing wide aircraft or vehicle maint. issues; ever.
Four Turner Awards in the last 11 years.
So, hopefully the lesson learned here is that it doesn't matter what you did 30 years ago. 

You're only as good as your last safety inspection - and that's the way it should be. 

Hopefully the PAWG gets their act together and starts taking things a lot more seriously.   What's more, I hope other Wings are paying attention and ensure their houses in order too.

While I will say that there is a need for proper paperwork, and no excuse for not having it done, it would appear that the FACTS seem to bear out that there was not a safety issue in PAWG.

There was a safety PAPERWORK issue in PAWG.

isuhawkeye

which begs the question.....

how effective are mandatory monthly safety briefings at preventing safety issues?

davedove

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on April 18, 2008, 05:03:58 PM
Anyone done a mission in PA yet?

I didn't go on it, but our squadron had an ELT search there yesterday.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

sarmed1

QuoteAs you may be aware, The United States Air Force has issued the directive that ALL PAWG field operations cease and desist for the time being. What started out as a grounding of aircraft and corporate vehicles has grown into a full scale suspension of emergency services activities. The current mandate is that Wing-wide complete compliance with Operational Risk Management (ORM) certification be achieved within the ranks of ALL active members.  If you have received the email notification or been briefed on a squadron level regarding the ORM mandate be advised that it is very serious and must be acted upon immediately!  Failure to comply jeopardizes the entire membership's ability to serve in any capacity. Participation is simple as reading the document attached (10 Second ORM.PDF) and sending a confirmation email to safetyinspection@pawingcap.com with your CAP ID and Name in the subject line.

In any event, the suspension also affects our operations at the Hawk Mountain Ranger School. THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER ACTIVITIES AT THE H.M.R.S. SCHOOL until the suspension is lifted per order of the Wing Commander and the USAF.  Please work together to contact everyone you know within the organization, and as a team help us get past this thing. Rescheduling of school events and training will follow

well answers that question.  I imagine the only thing that is allowed to occur would be squadron meetings.......

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel