Main Menu

PAWG shuts down

Started by mikeylikey, April 14, 2008, 08:02:38 PM

FW

Quote from: CCSE on April 30, 2008, 03:25:59 AM

Send mikeylikey a PM, I believe he's the one who first brought it up.     

Wait, I'm confused.  Are you admitting to being the PAWG/CC?  ???

Playing the "agenda card" on this one is not advised... there's plenty of evidence of incompetence in CAP, and 9 times out of 10 it is because the system of checks and balances failed and people were promoted when they should not have.  I'm not just picking on PAWG by the way... the problem goes way beyond PAWG.   

If someone digs a 50 foot hole and manages to climb 32 feet up from the bottom, would you consider that a success?

In other words, the wing being put on freeze overshadows the "satisfactory" rating they received.  This is a black eye that will never go away.   

Mikey knows how to PM me.   He knows who I am.    And, let's just say "I've been there and done that"  With a couple of trophies on my wall to remind me of the great time I had in PA.

As far as agendas go,  those that wish to knock a wing or its leadership for its compliance or performance; I have no problem with.   I do have a serious problem with those that take these problems and use them for their own twisted and seemingly perverted ideas.
Yes, closing down a wing is a black eye.  However, they have the chance to pull themselves out the remaining 18 feet and walk away from this mess better than ever.
Remember, CAP/HQ gave them the way out.  They took it and made it.  Now the mission is to change the culture.  

I've said it quite a few times now and, so have many others,  PAWG's culture, like the culture of so many other wings, needs to change.  We are volunteers BUT, we need to act as professionals at all times.  That means thinking things thru before we do them.  That means proper planing, proper execution and proper follow up.  Each individual member must be responsible for his actions.  

The PAWG/CC knows what he did wrong.  He learned from this experience and is correcting his attitude toward the mission he is charged with.  He now understands fully, his position.   Don't underestimate the talent of the wing's leadership.  They will surprise us all (and I mean that in a good way).  

SARMedTech

If the PAWG Wing King knows what he did, and can see the damage it did to his Wing, then he should step down. Just because they may be "up and running" doesn't mean that there exists the trust in them to carry out life and death missions that previously existed.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

tjaxe

Does anyone have any info about if/when the Wing is back up? Is this information accessible somewhere?  I can't find info on the site or the listserv.  Is there someplace else I can check?  Thanks!!

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

Alpha

Quote from: tjaxe on April 30, 2008, 01:42:40 PM
Does anyone have any info about if/when the Wing is back up? Is this information accessible somewhere?  I can't find info on the site or the listserv.  Is there someplace else I can check?  Thanks!!

You'll know when it happens.

It will be announcd on the Wing Server as well as the Group servers. I give it about 30 seconds later and some one will post it here.

tjaxe

^ I guess what I meant to say is, can anyone say if PAWG will potentially be up this week, or more likely June, December, or 2011...
Just trying to get even a HINT of an idea of where we're at.
Thanks.

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

mikeylikey

Quote from: FW on April 30, 2008, 03:08:19 AM
I would sure like to see this email from the PA wing/cc on "rolling orange caps".
After all, we've seen every other email he's sent in the last couple of weeks concerning this thread.

Go to PAWINGCAP.com

click on email lsitserves....then scroll through the various email lists from this past month (April) it is in one of them.  Direct from the Wing Vice Commander written by the Wing Commander at the executive meeting held the same weekend the Inspection took place. 
I would imagine YOU would be getting all the emails that PAWG Publishes SIR   :)
What's up monkeys?

FW

It took me a while to find the email in question.  But here it is. (Thanks Mikey)

FOR YOUR INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bret Stemrich < wrote:

FORPAWG Members,

Uniform correctness was brought up at the executive committee meeting on Saturday, Oct. 20th.  There seems to be some misinterpretation.

Authorized T-shirts (IAW NHQ): Brown, and Black (CAPM 39-1 table 2-3)
Additional Authorization (PAWG): Orange SAR T-shirt (IAW CAPM 39-1 Table 2-3)

There was no discussion on the headgear other than to "matter-of-factly" state that the orange hat is here to stay and aside from Wing HQ personnel it is currently the official hat of all units in the Wing.

"Crushing", or "peaking" is a feature that is addressed in CAPM 39-1 fig. 2-26 note 3.  It basically states that the Airforce BDU cap, or BDU baseball cap may not be "rolled", or "crushed".

However, note 4 in figure 2-26 doesn't make that requirement for the "CAP Baseball Cap".  By definition the CAP Baseball cap is the one we currently wear in the PAWG.

"Peaking", or "Crushing" is therefore neither specified, or unauthorized.  In my opinion it should be at the discretion of the unit commander to ensure that it's appearance, when worn, reflects a professional attitude.

This e-mail is authorized by the Wing Commander, Col Mark Lee.

Bret J. Stemrich, Maj, CAP
Vice Commander

The email was sent out by the wing/cv.  It referenced a conversation 6 months ago at a wing meeting to clarify what members of PAWG could wear (in PA) with the BDU.  The last paragraph is the opinion of the vice commander.  After seeing this message, I don't know what the problem is.   I guess for those of the"half empty" attitude, it means something.  For those of the "half full"  attitude, it doesn't; at least not where there is any connection between the timing of this email and the wing inspection.  This email is exactly the type of message that should be sent to insure "uniformity" in wear standards. 

WIWAWCC, my UEI went from excellent to satisfactory because of a single senior member who wore an inappropriate uniform to a SLS, which was conducted at Wing HQ. concurrently with the inspection.  The inspector was correct in his assessment, I made the correction and this kind of thing never happened again during my tenure;  to my knowledge. 

davidsinn

Quote from: FW on May 01, 2008, 01:03:48 PM
It took me a while to find the email in question.  But here it is. (Thanks Mikey)

FOR YOUR INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bret Stemrich < wrote:

FORPAWG Members,

Uniform correctness was brought up at the executive committee meeting on Saturday, Oct. 20th.  There seems to be some misinterpretation.

Authorized T-shirts (IAW NHQ): Brown, and Black (CAPM 39-1 table 2-3)
Additional Authorization (PAWG): Orange SAR T-shirt (IAW CAPM 39-1 Table 2-3)

There was no discussion on the headgear other than to "matter-of-factly" state that the orange hat is here to stay and aside from Wing HQ personnel it is currently the official hat of all units in the Wing.

"Crushing", or "peaking" is a feature that is addressed in CAPM 39-1 fig. 2-26 note 3.  It basically states that the Airforce BDU cap, or BDU baseball cap may not be "rolled", or "crushed".

However, note 4 in figure 2-26 doesn't make that requirement for the "CAP Baseball Cap".  By definition the CAP Baseball cap is the one we currently wear in the PAWG.

"Peaking", or "Crushing" is therefore neither specified, or unauthorized.  In my opinion it should be at the discretion of the unit commander to ensure that it's appearance, when worn, reflects a professional attitude.

This e-mail is authorized by the Wing Commander, Col Mark Lee.

Bret J. Stemrich, Maj, CAP
Vice Commander

According to your email that you posted they think the Orange shirt is IAW M39-1. The reference is below. Where in that paragraph does it allow odd colored shirts? The line about color is referring to the emblem not the shirt.
QuoteBrown or black. Either V-neck, U-neck, crew neck or athletic style
without pockets. Black or brown turtlenecks, dickeys, or thermal
undershirts without pockets may also be worn. EXCEPTION:
members may wear white thermal undershirts even if exposed at neck.
Unit commanders may prescribe color, unit designation, and cloth or
silk screen emblem, to be worn on left side of chest not to exceed 5
inches in diameter.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

FW

David, it is not my email.
However, your interpretation is not correct.  
Wing Commanders are authorized to modify uniform wear in THEIR wing.  
PAWG, as many other wing do, have uniform combonations which are allowed only in their respective wings.  That some members violate the reg.  is another issue.
That this has nothing to do with this topic, maybe should be taken to the "Uniform" section.  

In any event, I got to catch a plane to Atlanta for a meeting ;)  

I'm sure the topic will be brought up.

davidsinn

Sorry didn't mean to insinuate that it was yours. I meant the email you posted. Yes I suppose I should take that over to uniforms.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

MIKE

And with that I'm calling this one and shutting down this thread.
Mike Johnston