Main Menu

I have an Idea!

Started by 2ltAlexD, April 07, 2008, 03:21:44 PM

2ltAlexD

Hi there everyone! I have an idea and I want your input. I thought it would be fun to create a social network for all CAP members worldwide. I've started making it at capunited.ning.com. If anyone wants to help, feel free to email me and I'll make you admin. If it's a bad idea, please let me know, because I'm still a rookie in CAP. Thanks!
Des Moines Metro Cadet Squadron

Flying Pig

You mean like a dating service? ;D ;D

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 07, 2008, 03:30:05 PM
You mean like a dating service? ;D ;D

Well if it is, we need to be careful of the set up.  Don't want to start talking to someone and then find out that they're an older cadet.   ;D

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Pylon

Would this serve the same type of purpose as, say, a Civil Air Patrol group on Facebook?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

SSgt Rudin

I think we need to convince the people in charge of togetherweserved.com to create a CAP site. They just finished the Air Force and Army, haven't heard anything about a USCG site in the works, so maybe if we jump on the bus before they do ours would go up first.  ;D
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

JohnKachenmeister

A dating site won't work.  I've been in CAP for a long time and attractive women in CAP are about as rare as English-speaking taxpayers in Miami.
Another former CAP officer

flyguy06

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 08, 2008, 02:42:22 AM
A dating site won't work.  I've been in CAP for a long time and attractive women in CAP are about as rare as English-speaking taxpayers in Miami.

Not true. I know at least two (one who frequents CAPTalk.net) ;D

O-Rex

Quote from: flyguy06 on April 08, 2008, 03:26:16 AM

Not true. I know at least two (one who frequents CAPTalk.net) ;D

Yeah, that's right: I'm ONE english-speaking taxpayer in Miami.  I wonder who's the other?  >:D

jimmydeanno

I met my wife in CAP.  There are a lot of "CAP Couples."  Lt Col Lee and his wife are both CAP members (both were cadets), there was a guy at encampment WIWAC who ended up marrying one of the other senior members at the encampment. 

I would be worried about the ad's descriptions and taglines...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

BigMojo

Quote from: O-Rex on April 08, 2008, 12:32:21 PM

Yeah, that's right: I'm ONE english-speaking taxpayer in Miami.  I wonder who's the other?  >:D

I'm the other.  >:D Ok...I'm in Lauderdale, but close enough. My girlfriend lives in Miami and doesn't speak a lick of es-spanish-o
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

Pylon

Over the line.

If you really can't figure out why, feel free to PM me.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP