Main Menu

Winter Board 2008

Started by CAP_truth, February 29, 2008, 02:58:07 PM

MIKE

Quote from: MikeTA on March 02, 2008, 04:21:40 AM
Quote from: arajca on March 01, 2008, 08:45:53 PM
Bronze star for Region Commander's Commendation. Passed

Black all-weather coat for corporate blues w/metal grade insignia. Passed

Blue cold weather cap for service dress. Passed.

Change back to the 'old' command patch for wear on the uniform. Failed.

Is this like the ones the sentinels wear at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier?

Looks like this: http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-w/g-wp/udc/Garrison.html
Mike Johnston

ßτε

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on March 02, 2008, 04:21:31 AM
wait so we keep the command patch with the "US" on it?

No. The US was removed from the command patch. Later, there was a motion to allow the previous design command patch with USAF Aux to be allowed on the uniform, (not on vehicles or aircraft) and that was defeated.

LittleIronPilot

DC

Quote from: bte on March 02, 2008, 01:19:43 PM

No. The US was removed from the command patch. Later, there was a motion to allow the previous design command patch with USAF Aux to be allowed on the uniform, (not on vehicles or aircraft) and that was defeated.
That sucks... I always felt really pumped up when I saw U.S. Air Force Auxiliary on a patch or decal.

What was the discussion about it?

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: LittleIronPilot on March 02, 2008, 02:28:51 PM
Quote from: Bayhawk21 on March 02, 2008, 02:42:38 AM
Quote from: cferron on March 01, 2008, 09:21:13 PM
California has a special uniform?  What is it?

I didn't see the part where they discussed it but I think they're talking about this one:

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=3316.msg63149#msg63149
http://cawg.cap.gov/files/manuals/cawgm39-1.pdf

That is HIDEOUS!

I agree.

You notice that the girl who is properly dressed in the uniform of the United States is looking away pretending she does not know the others?

In California they consider the US Marine Corps to be "Unwelcome Intruders" which explains why they dress like pumpkins there.  Or as nuns in heavy theatrical makeup.
Another former CAP officer

_

Quote from: DC on March 02, 2008, 02:32:19 PM

That sucks... I always felt really pumped up when I saw U.S. Air Force Auxiliary on a patch or decal.

The concern is that if we assist a law enforcement agency there could be a violation of posse comitatus if USAF Aux is displayed

_

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 02, 2008, 02:44:19 PM

I didn't see the part where they discussed it but I think they're talking about this one:

That is HIDEOUS!

I agree.

You notice that the girl who is properly dressed in the uniform of the United States is looking away pretending she does not know the others?

In California they consider the US Marine Corps to be "Unwelcome Intruders" which explains why they dress like pumpkins there.  Or as nuns in heavy theatrical makeup.

There's already a discussion about this uniform elsewhere:
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=3316.msg63146#msg63146

jeders

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on March 02, 2008, 03:20:04 PM

The concern is that if we assist a law enforcement agency there could be a violation of posse comitatus if USAF Aux is displayed

One person also brought up the point that since the command patch with just Civil Air Patrol was the official command patch, then we should wear the official command patch on the uniform. Likewise, if the command patch with USAF Aux was the official patch, we wouldn't wear one with just CAP. As much as I would have preferred to wear the one with USAF Aux on it, I agree that we should wear the official command patch. I guess it's time to go give Vanguard some more money.

Also, does anyone else interpret the 2010 wear date of the CAP command patch without US to also mean that until 2010 the USAF Aux command patch is still wearable?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

RogueLeader

Quote from: jeders on March 02, 2008, 03:44:43 PM

Also, does anyone else interpret the 2010 wear date of the CAP command patch without US to also mean that until 2010 the USAF Aux command patch is still wearable?

Yes.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RiverAux

But didn't the old, old command patch (with USAF Aux) just time out this month?  If so, it has to be gone anyway unless they specfically resicended their past guidance to get rid of it. 

flynd94

That is HIDEOUS!

Rant On

Ah... CAWG bashing again.  Folks if you don't know anything about it then pipe down.  The local county SO's are in charge of all SAR operations in their counties.  If they need assistance they request CAP to come out and play. Their uniform is the orange shirt with either blue/khaki pants.  We were asked to wear the same uniform in many parts of the State.  Plus I am not too much into concealment when I am in the woods doing a line search.

The new CAWG/CC stepped up to the plate and killed the uniform combo until it was approved by the Board.  Guess what, we got it approved, democracy at action!!!!

Rant Off
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

billford1

After the long discussion about TPU uniform wear alignment in LTC White's Uniform Committee post nothing changed.  The gray slacks and slides Aviator Shirt uniform remains as is; correct?

_

Quote from: billford1 on March 02, 2008, 05:52:42 PM
After the long discussion about TPU uniform wear alignment in LTC White's Uniform Committee post nothing changed.  The gray slacks and slides Aviator Shirt uniform remains as is; correct?

The board members weren't very receptive to uniform changes (note I said changes and not new uniforms).  The one proposal for changing the silver braid on the TPU jacket was tabled indefinitely after some spirited debate.  This would not have been a good time to try to change uniforms. 

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: flynd94 on March 02, 2008, 05:42:15 PM

That is HIDEOUS!

Rant On

Ah... CAWG bashing again.  Folks if you don't know anything about it then pipe down.  The local county SO's are in charge of all SAR operations in their counties.  If they need assistance they request CAP to come out and play. Their uniform is the orange shirt with either blue/khaki pants.  We were asked to wear the same uniform in many parts of the State.  Plus I am not too much into concealment when I am in the woods doing a line search.

The new CAWG/CC stepped up to the plate and killed the uniform combo until it was approved by the Board.  Guess what, we got it approved, democracy at action!!!!

Rant Off

Thats cool, but can you guys at least have matching tapes?
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

mikeylikey

Looks like California once again does whatever it wants!
What's up monkeys?

RiverAux

So, are the county sheriffs in California forcing the National Guard to wear orange when they participate in searches?

gistek

Personally, I prefer the orange t-shirt, orange hat, Utility Uniform combination with a reflective orange vest. For winter I add a coat appropriate to the weather, an orange knit cap and orange gloves. I don't care if regs say the cap and gloves should be navy or black. Orange is easier to see - both for others who are looking for me and when they are on the ground.

I also like the idea of the boonie hat to better protect ears and necks during missions or activities where sunburn is a potential problem.

The main two problems I see with the orange shirt are the cost to replace garments damaged during a SAR, and the resemblance to prison inmates' coveralls.

Also, you can pack 2 or 3 t-shirts in the same space needed for one heavy cloth shirt, and don't have to worry as much about wrinkles.

To deal with the problem of being visible to aircraft in areas of dense vegetation, I recommend requiring every GTM carry a reflective orange or reflective yellow poncho. These are often available at dollar stores in 2/$1.00 packs, so it's absolutely no hardship for anyone.

Smokey

Just remember California is cereal land....Flakes,fruit & nuts.

Considering the blaze orange shirts I'm glad I'm aircrew and not ground team.  Wearing a shirt like that makes you a target for angry drivers who mistake you for a CALTRANS Highway worker and want to run you over for tyeing up traffic ;D
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on March 02, 2008, 03:20:04 PM

Which is simply nonsense.  The National Guard, when mobilized in state service, can act as law enforcement officers and still wears "US Army" or "US Air Force" as appropriate, on their uniforms.
Another former CAP officer

mikeylikey

^ Right on Sir!  Everyone seems to forget that.  If it was an issue, than the National Guard would wear tapes that read their home state, i.e. "Alabama" not US Air Force/ US Army.
What's up monkeys?