Main Menu

mots advice

Started by bluestone, January 31, 2023, 01:13:44 AM

bluestone

does anybody have any advice for somebody who is going attend mots?

TX WING MEDICAL ORIENTATION TRAINING SCHOOL https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/activities/national-cadet-special-activities/medical-orientation-training-school

SarDragon

MOTS?

Belay my last.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

Presuming you've reviewed the requirements and have completed them, if you have been selected, you'll receive more information. If you haven't completed the requirements, complete them ASAP.

Other than that, follow the same general preparations for Encampment.

Solidadys

Hi Bluestone!

I attended MOTS Class 2207 and it's an absolute heck of a time. A couple tips for you:

1. Make sure to hydrate. It gets extremely hot in Texas in July so make sure you stay hydrated while you are there.
2. Make sure to bring everything on the list. Naturally, a select few Cadets will forget a few items. Make sure to not be one of them!
3. Ask questions! MOTS is an experience like no other. Therefore you will have a ton of questions. Don't hesitate to ask them!

MOTS is truly an amazing experience and you'll have a ton of fun. I'd recommend googling it and looking at some of the news articles and photos that have been posted.

Sincerely,

Solidadys

newsomeTX351

As a grad of MOTS 2308, I can agree with everything said above:
1. Hydrate hydrate hydrate! But also be sure to eat all of the meals regardless of how you feel. You will be working outside "2 miles from surface of the sun," to quote Maj Jason Quick, Licensed Paramedic, so be sure to eat and drink water and Gatorade. Take advantage of all of the snacks too.
2. Don't underestimate the packing list. Everything on it is absolutely essential. I would even bring everything on the optional list as well. Bring different colored Sharpies as well. Two 5 subject notebooks are highly recommended as well.
3. Take advantage of the experience of all of the cadre and guest speakers. The more questions you ask, the more you learn and the better you look in front of the cadre and seniors.

But I would also like to add a few things:
4. Bring extra tshirts, socks and underwear. You will be sweating enough to fill a swimming pool, so don't be scared to pack heavy.
5. Study study study. All of your free time before hand and at the course should be dedicated to studying and practicing. Hand write all of the section reviews, and attend all of the test reviews, even if you passed every test. This will go a long way when the final exam comes.

Good luck, and I will hopefully see you there!

-Sgt Newsome