Main Menu

Farewell, Good Luck!

Started by Brit_in_CAP, December 01, 2022, 05:42:53 PM

Brit_in_CAP

Colleagues

I stopped being an active member of CAP in 2021; I've hung around the board here since then, but I really do need to cut the ties! 

I left CAP to allow time for my (new) ordained ministry in my church; for reasons I won't list here, my quals don't match for CAP chaplain and it truly was time to call...time!

Since then, I have found a new "role" as a Chaplain in the Royal British Legion (https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/), in the newly formed Overseas Branch that serves UK veterans living in the USA, on the East Coast for the most part.  The RBL and the American Legion have similar roots and similar goals, and it is an organization with which my family has been connected since my Grandfather helped to start a Branch in our home village, in the 1920s.

There are some 2,500 UK veterans that we know of living in the USA; that's direct from the UK pension organization, and I suspect the number is slightly higher as not every UK Vet is in receipt of the pension.

I had 10 years 'active' with CAP; thank you for making me welcome and for helping me to find a worthwhile use of my time.  Working with the cadets as a CDI was a real pleasure!

I wish you all a happy and safe holiday season but, most of all, I wish you all clear skies and gentle breezes in the future.

Mods: in your own time, please cancel my login.

Shuman 14

Brit,

Good luck to you my Friend, you will be missed. May God watch over you and protect you during this new mission in life.

Just an FYI, Patron Membership exists for just this kind of thing in life, I would encourage you consider that before cutting all ties completely with CAP.

Wish you the best, and as my Irish Grandfather used to say:

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm on your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand."
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present