Cadet SM transition wear of Color guard cord

Started by CAPed Crusader, June 04, 2022, 02:29:23 AM

CAPed Crusader

Hello all!

I can't find anywhere on old chats and regulations this, and I was wondering if cadets transitioning to SM can continue to wear their Color guard cord in blues? I found on old conversations on captalk that if you were CAC you can, but nothing about Color guard? And I went on some regulations and only found them about the honor guard cord. My question is pretty much straight forward;

Can a cadet that earned Color guard cord that is transitioning to sm continue to wear on blues their white color guard cord? Thank you!

HandsomeWalt_USMC

No. Color guard cords, as well as CAC cords, are only worn while currently assigned to those duties. Also, no shoulder cords at all are authorized for senior members to the best of my knowledge.
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"

baronet68

Sorry but shoulder cords, marksmanship badges, rocketry badges, and certain cadet ribbons are just for cadets and are not worn by senior members.
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

etodd

Put them all in a memory box. So every once in awhile you can reminiencse of your youth, and glory days gone by.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

GroundHawg

SM's haven't been authorized shoulder cords for around 30 years or so

Fubar

Quote from: GroundHawg on June 06, 2022, 12:11:57 PMSM's haven't been authorized shoulder cords for around 30 years or so

Purely as a matter of trivia, there is one cord senior members are allowed to wear, it's while actively serving as the aide de camp to the national commander or national vice-commander. Although worn for several years, it was finally added to the regulation in 2020, see paragraph 9.3.4.

Eclipse

Beat me to it!

Though I had no idea those ridiculous things were codified.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on June 06, 2022, 01:13:05 PMBeat me to it!

It was codified only because some people pointed out it wasn't and called them on it.

FlyingPig

Quote from: Eclipse on June 06, 2022, 01:13:05 PMBeat me to it!

"Hideous" is the word you were looking for.   I seriously thought those went by the wayside back when "someone" was removed as the National Commander.
Robert Steht, Capt.
Mission Pilot/CD Pilot
CFI Airplane / CFI Helicopter
Former Sq. Commander