National Board Live Video Feed

Started by JC004, August 09, 2007, 04:48:54 AM

TankerT

BG Courter doesn't move up to CC, she just becomes the acting CC, and remains the Vice.

They need to allow people to apply, with the deadline 90 days prior to the election.  All the resume packets are then mailed to the NB members.  Thus, I would think the earliest we would have a new National Commander, if MG Pineda steps down/removed would be March of 08.

Plain and simple.  Same way Pineda became the Nat. Commander, after MG Wheless (sp?) resigned.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

Quote from: TankerT on August 09, 2007, 04:45:43 PM
BG Courter doesn't move up to CC, she just becomes the acting CC, and remains the Vice.

They need to allow people to apply, with the deadline 90 days prior to the election.  All the resume packets are then mailed to the NB members.  Thus, I would think the earliest we would have a new National Commander, if MG Pineda steps down/removed would be March of 08.

Plain and simple.  Same way Pineda became the Nat. Commander, after MG Wheless (sp?) resigned.

So for the right now all that changes is MG Pineda's face and name come off of everything.  ? 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

TankerT

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 09, 2007, 04:57:15 PM
So for the right now all that changes is MG Pineda's face and name come off of everything.  ? 

For right now, no... as he is still the National Commander.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Quote from: TankerT on August 09, 2007, 05:06:51 PM

For right now, no... as he is still the National Commander.

But he's suspened and BG Courter is Acting National Commander.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Pylon

No, he's not been removed from office.  Just a reminder here folks, amid all the rumors and speculation - what we know to be true is only that Maj Gen Pineda has been suspended as part of an investigation.  This does not equate to guilt, this does not mean it is a punishment or adverse membership action like a demotion or a removal from office, and it does not mean that we have a new National Commander.

While we can speculate (though we've been asked not to) what might follow, as of now with the information available, we're not taking Maj Gen Pineda's name off anything just yet.  The allegations could be found to be false, and Maj Gen Pineda's membership reinstated.

In the meantime, he is still Maj Gen Pineda, and is still due the courtesy and respect we would give to anybody who fills that office - regardless of our personal opinion of him.  Following my reminder this morning, let's act like professionals, people.  This is a public, professional venue, not the Civil Air Patrol water cooler.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

BillB

2007 National Board and Annual Conference
Live Web Stream Schedule

HOT

Due to the overwhelming amount of viewers

Who are these viewers? Obviously nobody on CAPTalk

Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

TankerT

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 09, 2007, 05:08:06 PM
But he's suspened and BG Courter is Acting National Commander.

But, she is acting NC only during his suspension.  She is not the National Commander.  Small, but very distinct difference.  Basically, BG Courter is handling his duties, and holds most/all his authority, and he retains the title.

If you notice, many of the official comments have indicated he still is the National Commander.  As such, while he isn't doing the work, in title, he is the National Commander.  So, unless he is removed or resigns, all of our pre-printed certificates will still have his signature, etc.

BillB

THE FEED IS UP, however it's an empty room
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Al Sayre

It's up!  Empty room with a couple of people chatting off camera

Edit:  Bill types faster than me.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

but will it stay up for long when they come back?  when is the lunch break over?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Al Sayre

Got me.   Wonder if they know the mike is open? :D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

TankerT

Quote from: Pylon on August 09, 2007, 05:11:24 PM
The allegations could be found to be false, and Maj Gen Pineda's membership reinstated.

Exactly.  There are a LOT of assumptions and rumors out there. 

MG Pineda is STILL the National Commander, and very well could be for the rest of his elected term.  There are reasons that IG reports are kept private.  When you're at the top, lots of people fling mud your way, even if it is completely fiction.  We don't know the facts, and may never know what this was really about.  Sure, there are rumors, and will always be.  And, if it is like most other IG investigations, a large number, if not the majority/all of them will be false.

Personally, in the end that we don't really know, as the core of the current IG program is that the ROI remains SEALED and private.  It helps protect the person filing a complaint.

TankerT

Just talked to my Wing CC.  They are going to be back in session very soon.  All of the agenda items are over, and next is committee reports.

Al Sayre

They just killed the feed again... ???
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

Smokey

Last words heard..."I'm gonna stop it"   then blank
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

i can't believe this, I for the first time get in and can watch one of these things and they pulled the feed.  ??? ??? ??? ???

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

capchiro

Isn't this session supposed to be open to the public?  This seems strange that they may be pulling the video feed.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Smokey

They are playing with us.....

If they keep cutting in and out you have to try to guess what is going on...

yes it's open but......it's a game of fill in the blanks   >:D
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

I get it then I loose it and when I reload they just repeat what I had just seen

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO