National Board Live Video Feed

Started by JC004, August 09, 2007, 04:48:54 AM

Skyray

QuoteMeanwhile, sources say that Pineda has offered to resign quietly if he is allowed to keep his general's stars. "

Funny.  That is almost exactly what happened when General Bergman braced him for using his office as Wing Commander to settle personal scores.  He became "former Wing Commander" after a very short tenure, but he kept his eagles.  I guess we know what it is that floats his boat.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

KFreeman

The last time I checked we have to pay dues to belong to this volunteer corporate orgainzation.

With all due respect to Ms. Courter and CAP, I will continue to speculate and discuss whatever I wish whith whom I wish.

Need to know about NB proceedings? Once again,I am dues paying member member.

Ken Freeman, LtCol (CAP)
Authentic Antique Aviator

MIKE

Quote from: Skyray on August 09, 2007, 03:27:22 PM
QuoteMeanwhile, sources say that Pineda has offered to resign quietly if he is allowed to keep his general's stars. "

Funny.  That is almost exactly what happened when General Bergman braced him for using his office as Wing Commander to settle personal scores.  He became "former Wing Commander" after a very short tenure, but he kept his eagles.  I guess we know what it is that floats his boat.

Doug, knock it off.
Mike Johnston

As mush as I'd rather see him removed for violating the BoG Instructions with that letter saying he would be attending, if him retiring puts an end to this quicker then so be it.  If this gets dragged out any longer that would look horrible for us if it actually gets picked up by national print or Televison.  Right now while it is on credible news sites it hasn't been in print as far as we've seen which is one good thing.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Skyray

QuoteDoug, knock it off.

I guess I am stupid, but I need more specific information.  If you doubt the facts of what I posted, they are a matter of record.  If you object to my opinion, I am entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Pylon

The problem is that this whole line of conversation derailed our entire community from our professional code of conduct.  Airing specific people's dirty laundry, for lack of a better description, is not something we want to allow... whether that person is C/AB Snuffy at the Podunk Cadet Squadron or the National Commander.

Unfortunately, with something of this scale it warrants discussion but it becomes infinitely more difficult for us to draw that line.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on August 09, 2007, 03:46:48 PM
The problem is that this whole line of conversation derailed our entire community from our professional code of conduct.  Airing specific people's dirty laundry, for lack of a better description, is not something we want to allow... whether that person is C/AB Snuffy at the Podunk Cadet Squadron or the National Commander.

Hey, don't pick on Cadet Snuffy - he's new!

Grrrr.  I want my video feed.

mikeylikey

^ I will trade you one video feed for one tastykake!
What's up monkeys?

MajorChuck

THIS JUST IN FROM MY WING CV.........
***Civil Air Patrol Michigan Wing - From Many, One!   Leading Each Other to New
Heights!"***
An update from National Boards

I have just heard from Col Saile, he passed on the following 3 items

1.    Brig Gen Amy Courter has been reelected as the National Vice
Commander.--Yeah

2.   Term extensions for National CC, Region CCs, and Wing CCs has been
defeated.

3.   Due to the high demand for viewing the National Boards online they
are attempting to increase the Bandwidth to handle the demand.

As updates come in I'll keep you informed.

Curtis J Boehmer, Lt Col, CAP
MI WG/CV

Maj.Chuck Cook
Commander
Blue Water Composite Squadron GLR-MI-011
GLR/DCS

Quote from: MajorChuck on August 09, 2007, 04:09:10 PM
***Civil Air Patrol Michigan Wing - From Many, One!   Leading Each Other to New
Heights!"***

Commander.--Yeah

defeated.

MI WG/CV

Nice!  Maybe after lunch we'll hear about MG Pineda's fate

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Lancer

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 09, 2007, 04:11:27 PM
Nice!  Maybe after lunch we'll hear about MG Pineda's fate

I'm doubting it. My guess is, after all that, things will be 'status quo' until everything in Atlanta is over and done with. For everyone in attendance there, I'm sure that will quell everyone's nerves.

Skyray

Thanks for the clarification, Pylon.  Earlier I said I was going to stifle myself out of respect for Brigadier General Courter.  I guess that I was a little slow in doing it.  Sometimes a little hard when it is such a personal subject.  <auto-stifle on>
Doug Johnson - Miami

LtCol White

Quote from: MajorChuck on August 09, 2007, 04:09:10 PM
***Civil Air Patrol Michigan Wing - From Many, One!   Leading Each Other to New
Heights!"***

Commander.--Yeah

defeated.

MI WG/CV

Good news all around
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

mikeylikey

I am glad to see TERM EXTENSIONS defeated.  Without TP there......his "stacked deck" most likely felt foolish voting for something he was making them vote for.  
What's up monkeys?

TankerT

Remember, it is the BOG that is working the current situation, not the NB.  Unless the BOG has a special meeting in Atlanta, I doubt it will be resolved.

I think that if they did anything this weekend, it would create an uproar at the conference, which I would think they want to avoid. 

But, I could be wrong.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

ColonelJack

And yet there is the report that Gen. Pineda is trying to work out a deal to retire quietly -- but keep his rank.

The same report says, however, that he will be fortunate to even remain a member of CAP in any capacity when it is all over.

I don't vouch for the veracity of the reports; I just pass 'em on, as any good newscaster would do.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

If they do let him retire could we hear it from this afternoon's session? Or is this something that could come down the pipe next week? 

If he does exit the program in one way or another when would there be a vote for a new National CC?  And who would most likely get the top job?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

ColonelJack

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 09, 2007, 04:24:46 PM
If he does exit the program in one way or another when would there be a vote for a new National CC?  And who would most likely get the top job?

I'm not sure about how quickly a new CC vote would be taken, but if he exits completely, Gen. Courter moves up to CC, having just been re-elected to the CV slot.  Then they'd have to vote on a new CV at their earliest opportunity.  (That and confirm Gen. Courter by vote -- that would get her a second star.)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

shorning

Quote from: Skyray on August 09, 2007, 02:43:49 PM
Most of you here probably weren't privy to the behind the scenes machinations, but...

I've always liked the word "machinations".

SarDragon

;D Lack of bandwidth!

I got up like a good little boy at 0550 CA time and turned on all the fine electronic equipment I was up until 0100 setting up so I could record the proceedings. Fat chance! I went back to bed.

I'm still getting a "... cannot connect to the server." message at 0939. Irritating at best.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret