Main Menu

UCC

Started by CAPCom, April 24, 2022, 02:00:20 PM

CAPCom

Stupid question of the day: Does the UCC have to be completed through VolU, in another in-person/virtual offering, or can it be done individually online through Axis?

dwb

Squadron Commander Course, as it is now known, can be completed either in person or virtually in residence. I believe they are doing online cohorts too, but I would strongly recommend you find an in-person option or check out the VIR calendar. There is no option to complete it self-study in AXIS.

In-person hosted by your group/wing (or hosted virtually) is absolutely the best way to participate in the instructor-led modules.

CAPCom

In person is definitely always best.  Just haven't found it to be readily available or practical.  Thanks for the information.  Now I know I will just have to wait.  Seems to me though, in this internet-focused world, one should be able to take it/any course on demand, even if just through a video instruction.

dwb

The point of the classes is interaction with your fellow students and with the facilitator. On-demand video instruction is not that (although I agree that also has its place).

VIR is going to be your best bet. Some of the SCC modules are self-study, you can do them all now, then just keep an eye on that calendar I linked and sign up for the moderated classes. You'll get through it before you know it, and you'll meet a bunch of new instructors and students from all over CAP along the way.