What steps do you have to take to apply for a encampment in a different wing

Started by GRANITE, February 23, 2022, 06:33:20 PM

GRANITE

Good morning everyone,

I am trying to apply for the 2022 Mississippi encampment as the dates for the one in my own wing will not work for me.

I currently have my Cadet Commander's and Squadron Commander's approval (unofficially) and have filled out the short attendance signup on the Miss wing website.

Does anyone know what else I have to do so I can start my application process?

C/SMSgt Mayson Wilson, CAP

Jester

Depends on the encampment, but in my experience you'll need a 60-81 signed by the squadron, group, and wing commander.

jeders

Quote from: Jester on February 23, 2022, 07:03:10 PMDepends on the encampment, but in my experience you'll need a 60-81 signed by the squadron, group, and wing commander.

Fixed that for you. The 60-81 gets signed by parent and squadron commander only, as is laid out in CAPR 60-1, 9.2.5. The wing home wing DCP gets a courtesy notification, but they have no authority to deny participation. If the wing (either the host wing or home wing) are still requiring any signatures beyond parent and squadron commander, then they are wrong and, in my experience, it's a great sign that no one has bothered reading 60-1.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

jeders

To give some slightly more helpful advice to the OP, I assume you went to the encampment page on the MSWG website, https://mswg.cap.gov/current-events/mississippi-wing-summer-encampment/registration-for-2022-mswg-encampment. After you fill out the online registration Google Doc, there is a checklist that you need to download; that checklist has literally everything you need to finish your application for the MSWG Encampment.

As an aside, kudos to Mississippi for embracing digital applications and even electronically signed pdfs.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Jester

Quote from: jeders on February 23, 2022, 07:07:58 PM
Quote from: Jester on February 23, 2022, 07:03:10 PMDepends on the encampment, but in my experience you'll need a 60-81 signed by the squadron, group, and wing commander.

Fixed that for you. The 60-81 gets signed by parent and squadron commander only, as is laid out in CAPR 60-1, 9.2.5. The wing home wing DCP gets a courtesy notification, but they have no authority to deny participation. If the wing (either the host wing or home wing) are still requiring any signatures beyond parent and squadron commander, then they are wrong and, in my experience, it's a great sign that no one has bothered reading 60-1.

Seems the assumption is that all cadets only go to home-wing encampments, or that we've finally gotten past the "they should only do encampments in the home wing" silliness.

Either way, the 60-81 needs to change.