Is Eservices archiving out duty assignments after 10 years?

Started by N6RVT, September 03, 2021, 04:47:20 PM

N6RVT

I finally got around to putting in for my Operations tech level, most of which was actually done over 10 years ago.  I went to my past duty assignments in Eservices to show I had been an operations officer for two years back in the day and that assignment is no longer listed.

The oldest entry is ended 5 August 2011, but everything before that no longer appears.

I have not looked in a while to see if this has ever been done before.

Its not a problem, I just never noticed before.

Eclipse

I've got assignments that go back to 2007, much older then that I think eService's capabilities get sketchy regardless.

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Some overzealous people in certain wings are also taking the time to "purge" ratings that have been in NONE status for too long.

Wouldn't surprise me if some well-meaning busybody was editing your record without your knowledge.

I'd open a helpdesk ticket and ask them to find out where the old records went and who removed them.

It was useful for me to do this a few years back on a different function when several people were refusing to take responsibility for their actions and blaming everyone else.

CAPJOE

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on September 03, 2021, 04:47:20 PMI finally got around to putting in for my Operations tech level, most of which was actually done over 10 years ago.  I went to my past duty assignments in Eservices to show I had been an operations officer for two years back in the day and that assignment is no longer listed.

The oldest entry is ended 5 August 2011, but everything before that no longer appears.

I have not looked in a while to see if this has ever been done before.

Its not a problem, I just

I am my squadron's Administrative/Personnel Officer. That is the very reason why I still complete a paper CAPF 45 on all Senior Members in my squadron. At least every quarter I update the CAPF 45 with all that is listed in eServices for every member. I am old school. I don't trust what is listed in computer records. The only way that paper records disappear is a disaster or theft. The latter is almost impossible in my unit because the records are double locked. Only myself and the CC have keys.

N6RVT

Quote from: CAPJOE on September 04, 2021, 05:30:15 AMI am my squadron's Administrative/Personnel Officer. That is the very reason why I still complete a paper CAPF 45 on all Senior Members in my squadron. At least every quarter I update the CAPF 45 with all that is listed in eServices for every member. I am old school. I don't trust what is listed in computer records. The only way that paper records disappear is a disaster or theft. The latter is almost impossible in my unit because the records are double locked. Only myself and the CC have keys.

I think I understand why you do not trust computers.

SarDragon

I have a NONE from 2004, so I'm pretty sure it's not an automatic update thing in eServices. I'm guessing that someone higher up the chain is purging things.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

N6RVT

Quote from: SarDragon on September 04, 2021, 08:37:49 PMI have a NONE from 2004, so I'm pretty sure it's not an automatic update thing in eServices. I'm guessing that someone higher up the chain is purging things.

I was not talking about specialty tracks, but rather actual duty assignments.

Many of which apparently used to result in those automatic NONE ST ratings.  This no longer seems to be the case.  Never did make sense, really, as I have entered tech ratings for personnel who were never in a NONE status at all.

Spam

I just checked all my data tonight, after several years of not paying attention, as I'm filling out my checklist for my Command Masters rating. To my surprise, yes, a number of my duty assignments are missing. Now I am wondering what happened, as a couple of my command appointments aren't there and the record of other jobs I've held is incomplete.

V/r
Spam

N6RVT

Quote from: Spam on September 05, 2021, 03:04:23 AMI just checked all my data tonight, after several years of not paying attention, as I'm filling out my checklist for my Command Masters rating. To my surprise, yes, a number of my duty assignments are missing. Now I am wondering what happened, as a couple of my command appointments aren't there and the record of other jobs I've held is incomplete.

V/r
Spam
In my case the cutoff seems to be at the 10 year point.  Fortunately for me there were members who had been around 12-13 years ago and could vouch for the fact I was actually there and doing it.

Now I wish there was a way I could actually prune the list myself, as I have several brief assignments that will never have any significance I would like to delete, but that two years as the primary operations officer could have been a big deal

jeders

Interesting, I just checked and all of my stuff appears to be there going back to about 2006; including my command assignment where I forgot to renew my membership for a couple of days so the system created two separate records of the assignment.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse