National Commander Suspended

Started by SeattleSarge, August 06, 2007, 05:07:05 PM

Actually I think he might be back.  I've already heard from my Squadron CC and he found out through the PA Wing CC.  He was surprised I knew already.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

ADCAPer

What am I missing? I see nothing in either of these letters that says anything about testing. Who's to say that something else isn't going on?

LtCol White

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 06, 2007, 07:21:28 PM
Quote from: O-Rex on August 06, 2007, 07:16:30 PM
Good, bad or indifferent: think what you'd like about Ray Hayden, but apparently someone listened (?)

You never know. . .

:-X :-X :-X   OOH, OOH, OOH, HE DID IT!! HE DID IT!! HE SAID THE NAME!! HE SAID IT!! I"M TELLLLINNNNGGGG!! OOH, OOH :-X :-X

Not a very mature response here.

Remember, IF this proves to be true, the entire organization will suffer. Not just the guilty person.

Look at what happened to United Way several years ago after their financial managment case with their director. UW lots millions in donations from people who no longer considered them a reliable entity.  

I know many folks here want to see a change however I see little to celebrate in it coming from this means. It could cause major disruption and credibility issues with it. Lets just hope they are minimal if it does.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Quote from: ADCAPer on August 06, 2007, 07:36:19 PM
What am I missing? I see nothing in either of these letters that says anything about testing. Who's to say that something else isn't going on?

It is known that a complaint about testing has been loged.  So from what we here at the bottom know that's most likely it.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Smokey

At one point it was said there were three complaints under investigation. One was the testing accustation,  reportedly a complaint about the removal & replacement of Wing & Region Commanders ( possibly from the group commanders of CAWG over the firing of the CAWG CC.) and not sure what the third one was.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Nomex Maximus

I think it will turn out to be a charge of inappropriate relations with an underage Cessna.

:D

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

How much of this investigation will ever truly see the light of day I wonder.  

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Pylon

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 06, 2007, 07:42:10 PM

Adverse membership actions are published with a brief summary of the reason, but privacy and confidentiality are very important cornerstones of IG investigations and much of it will not be disclosed.  Just like any other IG investigation.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Hawk200

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 06, 2007, 07:42:10 PM

Probably not a whole lot. The less about it that gets announced in the news, the better for our organization. We just don't need the bad press. If Pineda is guilty, we'll probably pretty much know. But it doesn't need to be hung in the town square as dirty laundry.

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: LtCol White on August 06, 2007, 07:36:42 PM
Good, bad or indifferent: think what you'd like about Ray Hayden, but apparently someone listened (?)

You never know. . .

:-X :-X :-X   OOH, OOH, OOH, HE DID IT!! HE DID IT!! HE SAID THE NAME!! HE SAID IT!! I"M TELLLLINNNNGGGG!! OOH, OOH :-X :-X

Remember, IF this proves to be true, the entire organization will suffer. Not just the guilty person.

Look at what happened to United Way several years ago after their financial managment case with their director. UW lots millions in donations from people who no longer considered them a reliable entity.  

I know many folks here want to see a change however I see little to celebrate in it coming from this means. It could cause major disruption and credibility issues with it. Lets just hope they are minimal if it does.

My appologies for the outburst. "The Name" has been one of controversy and so few people will even mention it... just seemed wierd to see it come up. That and... well... seemed like a good way to break the tension. :-*

That's what I thoguht, but with the fact it's the top guy I wasn't sure if it fell into that "we'll keep as much quite as possible, but you are a public face" catergories.

oh I didn't mean the whole world jsut us in the program.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 06, 2007, 07:45:55 PM
Quote from: LtCol White on August 06, 2007, 07:36:42 PM

You never know. . .

My appologies for the outburst. "The Name" has been one of controversy and so few people will even mention it... just seemed wierd to see it come up. That and... well... seemed like a good way to break the tension. :-*

Back when I asked about "that person" the thread was locked within an hour of my asking.

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

JohnKachenmeister

While it is always entertaining to some small minds to see powerful persons fall, I want everybody to think about as couple of things:

1.  OUR reputation as volunteer members of the Air Force Auxiliary is on the line as much as General Pineda's.  Heroism and valor are precise portraits; scandal is applied with a roller.

2.  All that a suspension means is that there are reasonable grounds to believe a violation has occured.  Nothing has been proven yet.

3.  "All of the brothers are valiant, and all of the sisters are virtuous."
Another former CAP officer

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on August 06, 2007, 07:58:05 PM
. . .
3.  "All of the brothers are valiant, and all of the sisters are virtuous."
. . .

Sounds sort of like something Al Queda would say!

(I'M JOKING)
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

While it is always entertaining to some small minds to see powerful persons fall, I want everybody to think about as couple of things:

1.  OUR reputation as volunteer members of the Air Force Auxiliary is on the line as much as General Pineda's.  Heroism and valor are precise portraits; scandal is applied with a roller.

Well yes our reputation as an orginization could be on the line but even if this is proven to be true what are the chances of this news getting out unless we let it out? 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

TankerT

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 06, 2007, 08:13:40 PM

1.  OUR reputation as volunteer members of the Air Force Auxiliary is on the line as much as General Pineda's.  Heroism and valor are precise portraits; scandal is applied with a roller.

Well yes our reputation as an orginization could be on the line but even if this is proven to be true what are the chances of this news getting out unless we let it out? 

Oh, it will get out.  That's what the good folks at News of the Force live for.  (Sarcasm intended.)

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

This might be a good seperate topic, but how often is CAP mentioned everywhere?

Here in MAWG, we don't really get mentioned in the news.  Every so often a small local paper but that's about it. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Cecil DP

Whether you like MG Pineda or not idle speculation is inappropraiate. If was relative to the Hayden allegations, I'm sure that the Air University and/or the Air Force Investigators would be all over it. Pineda is not the first National Commander to be accused of something inappropriate and won't be the last. His relief of Wing and Region Commanders while  excessive is allowed under the current Constitution and By-laws. And NO I am not a fan of the National Commander for Life
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

NYWG Historian

Having only met the general once, I have no basis for making a judgment on the man, one way or the other.

My question is one of process.  Why the BoG?  CAPR 35-7 lays out specifics for the handling of complaints of misconduct made against the National CC--they go through the National Legal Officer, not the National IG.   And the Constitution & Bylaws (I believe Article XV) put the removal of the National CC squarely in the hands of the National Board.

I don't find anything that refers to the BoG's authority to suspend the National CC, unless you go into the more ephemeral "for the good of the corporation."

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Peter J. Turecek, Major, CAP
Historian
New York Wing

well with the type of allegation it can be argued that his suspension till such time as these acusations can be authenticaed is "for the good of the orginization" as if this were to hit the media it would be an embarssment for the program.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO