National Commander Suspended

Started by SeattleSarge, August 06, 2007, 05:07:05 PM

Al Sayre

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 06, 2007, 06:39:20 PM
I wonder then based on Don's Letter who wrote the original one at the start of this thread.

That was a notification to the Wing CC's that was forwarded...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

ELTHunter

News of the Farce distributed an e-mail supposedly authored by Susie Parker.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

Quote from: Al Sayre on August 06, 2007, 06:41:18 PM
Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 06, 2007, 06:39:20 PM
I wonder then based on Don's Letter who wrote the original one at the start of this thread.

That was a notification to the Wing CC's that was forwarded...

Yes but I wonder who wrote it send to the Wing CC's as Don said part of it was innacurate.  So I wonder if two people with two different agenda's are sending information out when everything should be coming from one source.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Smokey

Both letters are from folks at National....Susie Parker ( Membership services at NHQ)  authored the one on behalf of Maj Gen Bowling of the BOG and Dow Rowland's letter was sent to the NHQ staff.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

I wonder why they're not co-ordinating the release of this. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Smokey

No inaccuracy,  just slightly different wording.  Brig Gen Coulter assumes the duties that Gen Pineda would do, but she is NOT the Acting CC.  That only occurs when there is no CC as occurred when Maj Gen Wheeles resigned when Gen Pineda was the CV.  Gen Pineda then took over as ACTING CC until the Natl Board elections.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

IceNine

There were not claims of inaccuracy only misconception...

Mr. Rowland was making the point clear that we do not have an Acting commander only the vice commander doing her duty as the commander in the CC's absence.   So we should treat this as if the CC was out of the country, not being replaced temporarily
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Tubacap

Dunno, but it this is the fastest growing thread I have ever seen.  In fact, I just got a warning saying two more replies were posted!!!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

IceNine

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 06, 2007, 06:45:44 PM

Because this is 2 different crowds.  The NHQ Paid Staff should by all rights be treated differently than the membership as their jobs depend on them keeping quite when told to do so.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Pylon

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 06, 2007, 06:45:44 PM

They are coordinating it.  The two emails had different audiences.  The letter sent by Ms. Parker, on behalf of Maj Gen Bowling was destined for the members of the National Board.  

The email from Donald Rowland was to the NHQ staff.  In his responsibilities as Executive Director, he oversees the paid, professional staff at Maxwell, so it's entirely appropriate for him to craft and send such a message.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Ricochet13

Quote from: Pylon link=topic=2557.msg46564#msg46564 date=
Quote from: Walkman link=topic=2557.msg46559#msg46559 date=
Can someone fill me in as to why this might be happening?

It's a sign that our system is still working the way it should be, and that members even at the highest levels don't get a free pass if an allegation, unfounded or not, is thrown out there.

Certainly restored my faith in the "Core Values" of the organization. 

I see said the blind to the deaf it's all becoming clear to me now.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

LtCol White

Whatever the outcome, lets just hope that the proper action is taken and justice is done. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty and deserves a fair shake regardless of personal opinion. We have all been or know someone who has been falsely accused of something at some point. If guilty, action should be taken. If not guilty and intentionally falsely accused, action should be taken against the accuser.

Everyone deserves this.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Hawk200

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on August 06, 2007, 05:19:20 PM
Quote from: Walkman on August 06, 2007, 05:17:16 PM
I'm brand-spankin' new to CAP (don't even have a temp ID yet). Can someone fill me in as to why this might be happening?

In a nutshell, allegations were made that the MG had someone take a test for him in order for him to become MG.

I asked the same questions about two months ago when I joined.

The nature of the allegation was that Pineda had someone take an Air Force End of Course test for him. I think it was Air Command and Staff College. That test in no way qualified him for the general officer position.

It's not a requirement for any CAP officer to take the course. It was an integrity issue, not a test that made him eligible for the command.

Pylon

Quote from: LtCol White on August 06, 2007, 06:59:23 PM
Whatever the outcome, lets just hope that the proper action is taken and justice is done. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty and deserves a fair shake regardless of personal opinion. We have all been or know someone who has been falsely accused of something at some point. If guilty, action should be taken. If not guilty and intentionally falsely accused, action should be taken against the accuser.

Everyone deserves this.

I think that best sums up what we all should hope for.  The rest of our discussion can only be speculation and turning of the rumor mill.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

O-Rex

Good, bad or indifferent: think what you'd like about Ray Hayden, but apparently someone listened (?)

You never know. . .

I wonder how long this investigation will take. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: O-Rex on August 06, 2007, 07:16:30 PM
Good, bad or indifferent: think what you'd like about Ray Hayden, but apparently someone listened (?)

You never know. . .

:-X :-X :-X   OOH, OOH, OOH, HE DID IT!! HE DID IT!! HE SAID THE NAME!! HE SAID IT!! I"M TELLLLINNNNGGGG!! OOH, OOH :-X :-X

TankerT

You never know. . .

Fact is, we don't know if Mr. Hayden's complaint has any relation to the ROI that was sent to the National Board.  In fact, it could be something different, and the final result could be MG Pineda is told "Bad General" and is reinstated.

I like the X-Files as much as the next person... but hey... lets not jump to too many conclusions here.  (Cue Office Space pictures...)

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

Capt M. Sherrod

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 06, 2007, 07:21:28 PM

You never know. . .

:-X :-X :-X   OOH, OOH, OOH, HE DID IT!! HE DID IT!! HE SAID THE NAME!! HE SAID IT!! I"M TELLLLINNNNGGGG!! OOH, OOH :-X :-X

LOL  -  I'm still waiting for my Wing/CC to send anything down, but it will probably be a while since he is currently at Region Conference at West Point.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043