National Commander Suspended

Started by SeattleSarge, August 06, 2007, 05:07:05 PM

SeattleSarge

This just received from Commander, Washington Wing...

From: owner-wawg-info@lists.sempervigilans.org [mailto:owner-wawg-info@lists.sempervigilans.org] On Behalf Of David Maxwell
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 9:50 AM
To: wawg-info@lists.sempervigilans.org
Subject: wawg-info Board of Governors Action

TEAM WASHINGTON WING

I just received the message below from National Headquarters.  Please do not read anything into it but do pass it on to your members.

DAVID E. MAXWELL, Colonel, CAP
Commander, Washington Wing

The following email is sent on behalf of Major General Richard L. Bowling, Chairman of the CAP Board of Governors.
The Board of Governors recently convened a special meeting to receive the report of investigation concerning allegations against the National Commander. Until the Board of Governors has completed it's final action, the membership of Major General Antonio J. Pineda has been suspended for a period of up to 180 days. During this period, Major General Pineda is prohibited from having contact with any member of Civil Air Patrol.  As prescribed in Section 10 of the CAP Constitution and Bylaws, Brigadier General Amy S. Courter, as National Vice Commander, will assume the duties of the National Commander during this period. Please ensure the members in the field know that the Board of Governors is doing everything within their power to ensure the continued success of the organization and asks that they continue to support their local communities as well as the goals and objectives of this great organization.

SUSAN P. PARKER
National Headquarters, Civil Air Patrol
105 S. Hansell Street
Maxwell AFB AL 36112-6332
Voice:  877-227-9142, extension 212
Fax:  334-953-4262

Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

Smokey

WOW........

Now I wish I was going to the Atlanta this week.

The fireworks should be spectacular.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Nomex Maximus

WOW.

:o

In fairness however I respect CAP for taking things seriously however the investigation might go. It must be hard on TP to be told that he can have no contact with any other CAP member - that's a lot of friends to be told to stay away from.
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

Walkman

I'm brand-spankin' new to CAP (don't even have a temp ID yet). Can someone fill me in as to why this might be happening?

ColonelJack

Quote from: Smokey on August 06, 2007, 05:12:35 PM
WOW........

Why would the fireworks be spectacular?  Gen. Pineda won't be there.  (At least, not if I read the NHQ note correctly.)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: Walkman on August 06, 2007, 05:17:16 PM
I'm brand-spankin' new to CAP (don't even have a temp ID yet). Can someone fill me in as to why this might be happening?

In a nutshell, allegations were made that the MG had someone take a test for him in order for him to become MG.

I asked the same questions about two months ago when I joined.

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

Sgt. Savage

Smokey

Col Jack...

Well I figure the friends of TP and those who dislike him will have a heyday with this news.  And it will be intersting to see how the vote for CV will go now.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Pylon

Quote from: Walkman on August 06, 2007, 05:17:16 PM
Can someone fill me in as to why this might be happening?

It's a sign that our system is still working the way it should be, and that members even at the highest levels don't get a free pass if an allegation, unfounded or not, is thrown out there.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

ColonelJack

Quote from: Smokey on August 06, 2007, 05:21:10 PM
Col Jack...

Well I figure the friends of TP and those who dislike him will have a heyday with this news.  And it will be intersting to see how the vote for CV will go now.

It pretty much kills a second term for the CC, doesn't it? 

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Sgt. Savage

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: Smokey on August 06, 2007, 05:12:35 PM
WOW........

Atlanta, Alabama they're all pretty much the same place... ;D
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

dwb

Quote from: SeattleSarge on August 06, 2007, 05:07:05 PMDuring this period, Major General Pineda is prohibited from having contact with any member of Civil Air Patrol.

What if Maj Gen Pineda's wife is in CAP?

"Sorry honey, you're sleeping in the guest bed tonight... by order of the BoG!"

In all seriousness... this is the organization following its process, and while it's fun to speculate (or spectate), it's ultimately not productive.

WOW, what can be said but WOW!  

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

IceNine

I just regained my belief in the system, its been a long time since I felt that we are all equal.

Quote from: ColonelJack on August 06, 2007, 05:23:20 PM
Quote from: Smokey on August 06, 2007, 05:21:10 PM
Col Jack...

It pretty much kills a second term for the CC, doesn't it? 

Jack

My tell tale sign of his ability to get a next term will be how he reacts to this if he is reinstated.  It is a major kick in the sack I am sure, but again his reaction will speak novels either for or against him. 

Personally I hope they clear him because In the past 10 years there has been some act of scandal for the majority of the CC's and that is a little disturbing
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

IceNine

The other question I never asked was

If he is cleared, will there be retaliation against the accuser?  I mean this whole allegation comes down to integrity, so if another member showed compromised integrity by an accusation against the integrity of another they should be held accountable for that just as the General is being held for an accusation.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

It depedns if the accuser had malitious intent. If not then nothing would happen.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Pylon

Quote from: mfd1506 on August 06, 2007, 05:42:22 PM
The other question I never asked was

If he is cleared, will there be retaliation against the accuser?  I mean this whole allegation comes down to integrity, so if another member showed compromised integrity by an accusation against the integrity of another they should be held accountable for that just as the General is being held for an accusation.

It also depends if the accuser is still in CAP anymore or not.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Al Sayre

we already know about the malicious intent part by "he who will not be named"
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

IceNine

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 06, 2007, 05:43:35 PM
It depedns if the accuser had malitious intent. If not then nothing would happen.

Could there be any other reason?  Isn't the original accuser the one who "took the test"?  If they didn't there is no reason to believe otherwise

I guess I'm just playing devils advocate >:D

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4