Main Menu

CAP CN Observer

Started by N6RVT, June 04, 2021, 03:38:06 PM

N6RVT

This just came up on a report I ran.  I have no idea what this is.  Or Was.

Eclipse

Counter Narcotics Observer?  Would be an MO with the CD clearances I guess, but never heard of it that way.

"That Others May Zoom"

N6RVT

Quote from: Eclipse on June 04, 2021, 03:44:41 PMCounter Narcotics Observer?  Would be an MO with the CD clearances I guess, but never heard of it that way.

Its not, because I would be one.  It was on the form 2A prior to about 1998, it meant something else.  I'm guessing totally obsolete at this point but for some reason the member qualification report still has it on there.

A number of FEMA ratings now show on that report as well even though they are not (yet) part of any SQTR.

Eclipse

Odd.

I have 2a's from that era and plenty of other docs that reference the rating.  Of course
CAPwatch's description is just the name, because of course it is.

60-1 of the era doesn't mention it in the copies I have.

Whatever it is, it doesn't expire as my wing still has two of them.  Must be something external.

Interesting to be reminded that in that era you could earn the GT badge w/o the rating.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Also no mention of it in 35-6 of the era.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

So no one here knows what this is? 

"That Others May Zoom"

NovemberWhiskey

Anyone have a CAPR 60-6 (or whatever) from the era? There are various reference floating around to counter-drug observer as a separate thing from a regular mission observer. Current CAPR 60-6 defines "CN" as "Counternarcotics".

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on June 04, 2021, 03:38:06 PMThis just came up on a report I ran.  I have no idea what this is.  Or Was.

Which report?

etodd

Yet another reason to always spell things out and not use abbreviations so much. We are not using morse code anymore. We are not confined to 8kb memory on computers any more.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

N6RVT

Quote from: Holding Pattern on June 24, 2021, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: Dwight Dutton on June 04, 2021, 03:38:06 PMThis just came up on a report I ran.  I have no idea what this is.  Or Was.

Which report?
I think it was "Specific Qualification Listing".  If it actually means "Counternarcotics Observer" my own name should be on it.  But in that case there should also be a "CN Pilot" and there is not.

TheSkyHornet

The CAP Form 101CN was the "Counterdrug Specialty Qualification Card."

Here's a report from DOD/OIG which references it:
https://oversight.garden/reports/dod/D-2000-193