WMIRS Air Sortie list is now different - and NOT better

Started by N6RVT, June 03, 2021, 01:38:06 PM

N6RVT

I just looked at it and it is now completely different.  Most of us are not doing this on 4K monitors.  I have to constantly sidescroll.

I saw no notice about this, just got suddenly hit with it trying to set up cadet O-Rides for this weekend.

etodd

Maybe just your Wing?  Still looks the same here.I don't see anything different. But yes, WMIRS is sure easier on this 27" monitor.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

UX has never been NHQ's (or whatever eMachines guy is dev'ing these days) strong suit,
with "seems to work OK on my machine" being the apparent extent of user testing.

Are you using a laptop?  A lot of them are 1366 x 768, which would result in the need to
be scrolling all over the place.

Assuming you're using Chrome or Edge, "CTRL-" will let you zoom out to see more of the screen,
but that's going to get "scanning microscope small" quickly.

"That Others May Zoom"

baronet68

I recall seeing (somewhere but don't remember where) that WMIRS was being updated to include glider ops. 

<disclaimer>Not a glider pilot... wasn't paying that much attention... </disclaimer>
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

jeders

The update that Dwight is talking about is purely stylistic and only applies to the air sortie list (so far). The list now has the same graphical design (and much larger font, hence the scrolling) that AMRAD has. It is annoying not to be able to see all of the columns on one screen at one time like you could with the old interface (and still can with the ground sortie list), but it's the design that national has been pushing onto all of the rest of eServices, so I wouldn't expect to see it go back to the way it was.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

coudano

I hypothesize that maybe it's a move toward mobile optimization
but I agree it's pretty offputting, especially at first

etodd

Quote from: jeders on June 03, 2021, 10:58:24 PMThe update that Dwight is talking about is purely stylistic and only applies to the air sortie list...

Oh yes, now I see the page you're talking about.

My 21" screen on this one isn't wide enough, and on Safari, it will not let me scroll to the right.

Do the people that work on the website ever test it with different computers and Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Etc. before going live?

Craziness.

NovemberWhiskey

Quote from: etodd on June 04, 2021, 12:31:59 AMMy 21" screen on this one isn't wide enough, and on Safari, it will not let me scroll to the right.

You can't scroll the page; but you can scroll the table itself. Yeah, it's a little funky.

etodd

Quote from: NovemberWhiskey on June 04, 2021, 01:38:46 AM
Quote from: etodd on June 04, 2021, 12:31:59 AMMy 21" screen on this one isn't wide enough, and on Safari, it will not let me scroll to the right.

You can't scroll the page; but you can scroll the table itself. Yeah, it's a little funky.

Thanks. See it now.  That is certainly not intuitive.

I don't see the need for the added fields. It was just fine as it was, imho.

N6RVT

Quote from: coudano on June 04, 2021, 12:14:22 AMI hypothesize that maybe it's a move toward mobile optimization

Have you tried lookin at this on a cell phone?