DOD Expands Civilian Access to Military Exchanges...

Started by Holding Pattern, April 29, 2021, 07:06:22 PM

N6RVT

Quote from: Eclipse on May 01, 2021, 08:59:11 PMAnd yet if they extended full benefits to CAP, the added volume would increase their profits and allow LOWER prices for the service members - active and retired.
Win - win - win.

As a retired Captain, I totally agree with you.  The only exchange anywhere near me is El Segundo and it seems to be offering less & less, most likely because it doesn't have the business to support it.  And the only reason I ever went there it because it was between my home and KTOA.

Most of the little independent shops that were in the same complex have closed too.

For that matter Clothing Sales was pretty lame.

abdsp51

Quote from: SarDragon on May 02, 2021, 01:05:30 AMNot my experience in my part of the world (SoCal).

Part of why I left the less than golden state.

abdsp51

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on May 02, 2021, 09:06:13 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 01, 2021, 08:59:11 PMAnd yet if they extended full benefits to CAP, the added volume would increase their profits and allow LOWER prices for the service members - active and retired.
Win - win - win.

As a retired Captain, I totally agree with you.  The only exchange anywhere near me is El Segundo and it seems to be offering less & less, most likely because it doesn't have the business to support it.  And the only reason I ever went there it because it was between my home and KTOA.

Most of the little independent shops that were in the same complex have closed too.

For that matter Clothing Sales was pretty lame.

Considering that LA AFS is mainly GS and Contactors hardly suprising. 

Jester

Quote from: abdsp51 on May 03, 2021, 12:10:34 AMConsidering that LA AFS is mainly GS and Contactors hardly surprising. 

With Space Force adding LA AFB as a location, I wonder if they'll expand it at all. 

Mustang

Quote from: etodd on May 01, 2021, 01:55:32 AMMilitary exchanges are a .... "benefit for service members and their families."

^^^ Benefits for low paid military families who need every benefit they can get.

That does not, and IMHO, should not, include us "civilian" volunteers.
By that logic, it shouldn't include officers and senior NCOs since they are not "low paid".
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "