Main Menu

Wow...

Started by Eclipse, November 29, 2016, 10:21:34 PM

Eclipse

http://www.amazon.com/forever-title-CIVIL-PATROL-T-Shirt/dp/B01JCRWG0I

I think I'll just let the long exasperation of my sigh waft through the neighborhood for a bit...

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

But it can be purchased. I just paid for another year of it not that long ago...

raivo

As best I can tell, there's a small industry whose business model is creating cookie-cutter military-themed apparel, inserting a particular organization/job, then profiting off people who think it's some unique tribute.

https://www.google.com/search?q=it+cannot+be+inherited+nor+can+it+be+purchased&source=lnms&tbm=isch

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

EMT-83

Blood, sweat and tears? Well kids, let me tell you about that nasty paper cut...

SarDragon

You might want to check the lists of folks who have given their lives for CAP. The numbers are not trivial.

Sent from my phone.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

EMT-83

Quote from: SarDragon on November 30, 2016, 12:32:48 AM
You might want to check the lists of folks who have given their lives for CAP. The numbers are not trivial.

Sent from my phone.

I'm well aware of the history of the organization, which has nothing to do with the image on that shirt.

raivo

Quote from: raivo on November 29, 2016, 11:04:03 PM
As best I can tell, there's a small industry whose business model is creating cookie-cutter military-themed apparel, inserting a particular organization/job, then profiting off people who think it's some unique tribute.

Point in case...

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Missileer-Apparel-393374084162546/photos

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Spaceman3750

I don't know about blood, but I've certainly shed a lot of sweat and tears...

Eclipse

Quote from: EMT-83 on November 30, 2016, 12:48:01 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on November 30, 2016, 12:32:48 AM

Sent from my phone.

I'm well aware of the history of the organization, which has nothing to do with the image on that shirt.

+1 We all put a lot into CAP, but not in the way this poser shirt portends.

CAP members wearing these are eligible for a Class III Atomic Wedgie.

"That Others May Zoom"

Panzerbjorn

I wonder if this comes in a Financial Section Chief version....
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

A.Member

I vote lifetime ban for anyone caught wearing it.

This would actually be a C&D I could get behind.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

PHall

Quote from: raivo on November 30, 2016, 02:07:03 AM
Quote from: raivo on November 29, 2016, 11:04:03 PM

Point in case...

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Missileer-Apparel-393374084162546/photos

Hey, Coneheads need love too!

DakRadz

Quote from: A.Member on November 30, 2016, 04:58:42 AM
This would actually be a C&D I could get behind.

Sadly yes, yes it would be.

1st Lt Raduenz

waukwiz

Wear that shirt out to places and demand a military discount.
Cadet Cullen Mayes
Waukesha Composite Squadron
"Ok, how about instead of doing that, let's not do that. Ok?"
GTM1 • MO • MRO • MSA • ♦UDF

THRAWN

Quote from: waukwiz on November 30, 2016, 05:25:31 PM
Wear that shirt out to places and demand a military discount.

Yep, tell everyone with ears that you just got back from Desert Nam.

This shirt is just beyond blech.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

CyBorgII

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 30, 2016, 03:05:08 AM
I don't know about blood, but I've certainly shed a lot of sweat and tears...

Agreed, especially tears.

I would suggest a variance of this design, with the CAP "airscrew" boring an unfortunate member's thoracic region.

As for the original OP/design, I can see it catching on with some of the more elitist members of CAP who have either learnt how to "make the system work for them" or been shrewd enough to dodge the figurative landmines in CAP that can turn a member's career into...

However, I must honestly state I find the design repulsive because it makes a mockery of the many honest and conscientious members of CAP whom I encountered over 17 years with the organisation.
Whaddaya mean I ain't kind?  I'm just not YOUR kind!

Ex-CAP Captain, now CG Auxiliary, but still feel a great deal of affection for the many good people in CAP.

BuckeyeDEJ

Pffffft. There isn't one for a public affairs officer, so the heck with them.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

raivo

Quote from: PHall on November 30, 2016, 04:59:00 AMHey, Coneheads need love too!

Don't need to tell me twice. ;D

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018

Holding Pattern

USACAP