Looking for ideas/samples for a squadron car decal...recruiting material

Started by xray328, September 10, 2015, 10:50:06 PM

Eaker Guy

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on September 14, 2015, 03:16:16 PM
Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on September 14, 2015, 02:53:08 PM

This.

Can't see the picture.

Quote from: C/Maj Kiss on September 11, 2015, 11:10:40 PM
But people do it anyway. Misrepresent CAP, that is. Why do we punish those that have honest motives when it solves nothing????? Society's eternal question.......

Because a few people, even with the best intentions, can screw it up for everyone.

CAP's Board of Governors has a vision and mission statement that they are trying to uphold. They have certain expectations and policies to help support the CAP mission, and that includes recruiting in a manner that protects CAP's image. They may not always, in our opinion, provide the best means of protecting that image, such as with some of those outdated videos they put out, but that doesn't mean you make your own video and release it without CAP's approval just because you can do it better and know it will work. The same goes with posters and vehicle decals.

Unfortunately, this can cause delays in getting things approved sometimes, and maybe our ideas don't always get the recognition by Top that we would like, but in the end, we don't have the authority on it and the guys up there do.

Discipline: The instant willing obedience to orders, respect for authority, and self-reliance.

Oh no, I'm not saying we should do stuff outside the regs because we feel we deserve to. I'm just saying that it is disappointing that such stringent regulations have to be in effect in the first place.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: C/Maj Kiss on September 15, 2015, 01:35:20 AM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on September 14, 2015, 03:16:16 PM
Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on September 14, 2015, 02:53:08 PM

This.

Can't see the picture.

Quote from: C/Maj Kiss on September 11, 2015, 11:10:40 PM
But people do it anyway. Misrepresent CAP, that is. Why do we punish those that have honest motives when it solves nothing????? Society's eternal question.......

Because a few people, even with the best intentions, can screw it up for everyone.

CAP's Board of Governors has a vision and mission statement that they are trying to uphold. They have certain expectations and policies to help support the CAP mission, and that includes recruiting in a manner that protects CAP's image. They may not always, in our opinion, provide the best means of protecting that image, such as with some of those outdated videos they put out, but that doesn't mean you make your own video and release it without CAP's approval just because you can do it better and know it will work. The same goes with posters and vehicle decals.

Unfortunately, this can cause delays in getting things approved sometimes, and maybe our ideas don't always get the recognition by Top that we would like, but in the end, we don't have the authority on it and the guys up there do.

Discipline: The instant willing obedience to orders, respect for authority, and self-reliance.

Oh no, I'm not saying we should do stuff outside the regs because we feel we deserve to. I'm just saying that it is disappointing that such stringent regulations have to be in effect in the first place.

I agree. It sucks that we sometimes have these awesome ideas that actually work out for the better, but it's the times when people have screwed things up in the past that have led to this.

Think of all of the stupid, common-sense safety briefs that have been done over the years because someone screwed up once. Think of all of the regs that have come out of a single stupid occurrence that could have been easily avoided.