Main Menu

Wingspan,FLWG

Started by Flying Pig, January 01, 2014, 01:43:00 AM

BillB

I was FLWG Director of Public Information (now PA) during the period that Gator CAPers was produced on a monthly basis. The biggest cost was the mailing of 5000+ copies each month. Advertising was limited since nobody on PAS staff did any selling, the Wing Finance Officer actually did the advertising selling. There was rarely a time when the newspaper style and later B&W magazine style GatorCAPers could not be filled with current information and news from around the Wing. Copies of the newapaper were sent to all major county libraries in the state sd well s several agencies to help in recruiting and getting the words out about CAP.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Woodsy

Quote from: SarDragon on January 03, 2014, 05:28:30 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 01, 2014, 11:19:04 PM
Who's paying for this?

The rest of the world is moving away from hard-copy magazines and mailing costs. including NHQ.

Nothing wrong with having a well-done electronic magazine, everything wrong if it costs money to distribute.

Advertisers.

CAWG has a glossy magazine that is half ads, half articles and pictures. It seems to please all concerned.

Thankfully, we're nowhere near the half and half mark.  We've had nothing from positive feedback from our members, and several emails from the non-member stakeholders we send it to asking for more info.  Add in the +/- 10K a year in revenue and I'd call it a huge success! 

As for the members who don't like it and want to opt out, they're more than welcome to do so by submitting a completed CAPF 2B to me and I'll make sure they're taken off the mailing list  >:D

Stonewall

Good job on the magazine, I always enjoy getting it.  I still remember te GatorCaper from the 80s - 90s.
Serving since 1987.