Main Menu

Wright Brothers Test

Started by RickenbackerCadet, June 08, 2013, 05:05:05 AM

RickenbackerCadet

I'm a C/SrA and I have taken and failed the "LATEST" Wright Brothers Test twice and even though it was only twice it kinda gets on my nerves and worries me. I'm retaking it next week I have read the first 3 chapters and taken notes and going to read the 4th just to be on the safe side. I was wanting to know if any of my fellow cadets had any tips or hints, something that could possibly help. P.S. two things. 1: I'm taking the one that is being used this year 2013. 2: Please don't say anything like "All cadets should know this so if they do not pass they are not ready to be an NCO." I do have leadership experience enough to be an NCO I've been in charge of a flight plenty of times and once my entire squadron "the cadets". The only reason I say this is because I've heard this said before so again please anything that helps would be appreciated.

RickenbackerCadet

Also please e-mail me too but whatever is good just need as much help as possible.

Danger

Keep studying and hope for the best. If you fail, study harder and repeat. If there are questions on the test you don't know the answer to, remember that and find the answer next time you study. Not much other advice other than to keep taking notes on every chapter so that studying for your Mitchell test is even easier.
"Never take anything too seriously."

NorCal21

You know, this may help in a roundabout sort of way. CAP tests are different than what you get in high school. CAP doesn't teach to the test. CAP expects you to have a well-rounded knowledge on the entire subject you're testing on rather than skipping 80% of the textbook to teach you the other 20% that's on the test.

My point is that you should read the chapters again. Don't read them when you're tired or stressed. Read them before you go to bed though, and put on music in the background with no words like instrumental soundtracks or classical music or jazz. Both of those things are proven with helping knowledge retention. Trust me, you'll be better off in the future if you do.

I have a question though... do these tests tell you which questions you missed or are you just told your score?

SarDragon

It's supposed to be score only for failures.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

Quote from: SarDragon on June 08, 2013, 06:35:48 AM
It's supposed to be score only for failures.
It is possible for the test proctor to identify areas that the cadet should concentrate their study......

I don't say "oh you missed question 10 about XYS"......but I do say "you missed several questions from Chapter 3 you should concentrate your studying there".

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

a2capt

Score and section numbers for a failure. Not the individual questions.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: RickenbackerCadet on June 08, 2013, 05:05:05 AM
I'm a C/SrA and I have taken and failed the "LATEST" Wright Brothers Test twice and even though it was only twice it kinda gets on my nerves and worries me. I'm retaking it next week I have read the first 3 chapters and taken notes and going to read the 4th just to be on the safe side. I was wanting to know if any of my fellow cadets had any tips or hints, something that could possibly help. P.S. two things. 1: I'm taking the one that is being used this year 2013. 2: Please don't say anything like "All cadets should know this so if they do not pass they are not ready to be an NCO." I do have leadership experience enough to be an NCO I've been in charge of a flight plenty of times and once my entire squadron "the cadets". The only reason I say this is because I've heard this said before so again please anything that helps would be appreciated.

I'd suggest that you can answer the questions in each chapter and can speak to the lesson objectives.  If you can do that, you should be able to pass the test easily.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill