Is NHQ focused on the correct issues?

Started by A.Member, March 05, 2007, 04:44:10 AM

Is NHQ (include NB and BOG) focused on the correct issues?

Absolutely
0 (0%)
Somewhat
13 (24.1%)
Not really
18 (33.3%)
NHQ is completely missing the boat
23 (42.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

A.Member

Again, hopefully, question is straight forward (I'm not a pro survey writer, so shot me).

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

DNall

I think they're trying, but too much BS crowds the vision & I wouldn't say I've seen a lot of what I'd call courage.

KFreeman

They are trying to figure which version of the ever changing uniform to wear while the boat leaves the pier. (Ghanian mess dress.)

Example of focus: HS Officer; no specialty track (How long have we been talking about DHS missions?) ITO: I was a gp/sqdn webmaster back in '98 and there's still no specialty track. (Oh, Vanguard does have badges !)

Align with USAF and get mission oriented.

Regards,
Ken
Authentic Antique Aviator

ZigZag911

i much fear that they are re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic!

Not all of them, certainly, but the split between politicians and people that actually want to accomplish something worthwhile is greater than ever.

"Volunteer Service" is nice, but we'd be better off if we went back to the original version, which was, IIRC, "Service Before Self" (lifted directly from USAF, yes?)

RogueLeader

Quote from: A.Member on March 05, 2007, 04:44:10 AM
Again, hopefully, question is straight forward (I'm not a pro survey writer, so shot me).

1st: its "Shoot Me", not "shot me"
2nd, we really do need to get more in line with the AF and less with the politics.
2a. note that poli- in Latin means "many" and tics are "blood sucking vermin"
3rd, worry more about what we're doing- right and wrong, and less about how close we are looking like the guy from across the nation.
3a. If wanting 100% uniformity. have us all wear Stormtrooper Armor
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

swilliams

For the ITO stuff - Myself & Lt. Erick Pound (Currently NYWG) worked that for over 3 years - we basically gave up due to politics.
Maybe some day....

www.cap-it.us

lordmonar

Edited.

Does the HS officer need its own specialty track....could we not modify the ES track to include more HS/CD and other type of missions?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

arajca

Quote from: swilliams on March 05, 2007, 07:28:35 PM
For the ITO stuff - Myself & Lt. Erick Pound (Currently NYWG) worked that for over 3 years - we basically gave up due to politics.
Maybe some day....

www.cap-it.us
And you guys did a great job. Especially in listening.

RiverAux

Can't vote -- I really have no idea what national is focusing on. 

pixelwonk

When people say NHQ, they all too often mean the National Board and the NEC.

Do you really mean the paid employees at NHQ, the governing bodies of CAP or both?
It may make a difference in how some of us would vote.

DNall

The paid support staf that works at NHQ's physical location are nto themselves NHQ, they are NHQ staff. HQ by definition is the national command element of the organization, which loosely translates to NB/NEC/Nat CC. But yes it is routinely confused. However I don't think anyone has any to say about the paid support staff, other than maybe to question if it could be done more efficiently, but that's clearly not what's being asked.

pixelwonk

Quote from: DNall on March 05, 2007, 11:49:51 PM
The paid support staf that works at NHQ's physical location are nto themselves NHQ, they are NHQ staff.

Thank you, Mr. Obvious.

QuoteHQ by definition is the national command element of the organization, which loosely translates to NB/NEC/Nat CC. But yes it is routinely confused. However I don't think anyone has any to say about the paid support staff, other than maybe to question if it could be done more efficiently, but that's clearly not what's being asked.
Clearly, I found it unclear.
Else I wouldn't have asked.

Major_Chuck

I can't say that that the leadership is tracking in the right direction or just spinning around doing their own thing. 

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

A.Member

Quote from: RiverAux on March 05, 2007, 10:52:25 PM
Can't vote -- I really have no idea what national is focusing on. 
Quote from: CAP Safety Dude on March 06, 2007, 02:07:44 AM
I can't say that that the leadership is tracking in the right direction or just spinning around doing their own thing. 
Don't you find that, in and of itself, to be a problem?  Maybe that's another poll...  ;)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Major_Chuck

[
Quote from: CAP Safety Dude on March 06, 2007, 02:07:44 AM
Don't you find that, in and of itself, to be a problem?  Maybe that's another poll...  ;)
[/quote]

Or perhaps that has become the standard operating procedure for CAP and through indiference we've come to accept it.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

DNall

I don't know that it's a matter of indifference, I think almost all members are pissed about it, but what can you actually do when they don't answer to anyone.

Hawk200

Quote from: DNall on March 06, 2007, 03:58:10 AM
I don't know that it's a matter of indifference, I think almost all members are pissed about it, but what can you actually do when they don't answer to anyone.

Especially with a general that's pushing for another vote on "Commanding General for life". Pineda has already shown that he does what he wishes, and that's not even dignifying the NOTF puke.

I know there's a lot of people that like Pineda, but there is a lot of reason to be wary of him. Changes that show up out of the blue like they have been are hardly valuable leadership qualities.

lordmonar

You know the really cool thing about a volunteer organization?

You have two really cool options.

One...you can quit.

Two...you can volunteer to work at Wing, get picked up for the command slot and then make a difference.  It's not like you got to wait 20 years to get promoted to Col like in the real Air Force.

Did I not hear someone spout off that most Wing CC's have something like only 5 years or so in the program?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

A.Member

Quote from: CAP Safety Dude on March 06, 2007, 03:47:27 AM
Or perhaps that has become the standard operating procedure for CAP and through indiference we've come to accept it.
Perhaps. 

Although maybe with the advent of technology, some members are becoming more informed (those choosing to pay attention anyway) and choosing to speak out.   Certainly this is the first NB web broadcast I've seen - along with 17,000 others (if a previous post is to be believed).  It's provided me with my first real look at this CC and NB in action.  With such visability maybe the rank and file will see just what a circus it is and demand a significantly higher level of performance and accountability.  Then again, perhaps we're all just sheep.

ZigZag911

Quote from: lordmonar on March 06, 2007, 04:10:32 AM
You know the really cool thing about a volunteer organization?

You have two really cool options.

One...you can quit.

Two...you can volunteer to work at Wing, get picked up for the command slot and then make a difference.  It's not like you got to wait 20 years to get promoted to Col like in the real Air Force.

Did I not hear someone spout off that most Wing CC's have something like only 5 years or so in the program?

That may well have been me.....casual observation suggests that these are individuals who spend more time playing politics than doing the mission....which would be bearable IF they had enough CAP experience to have some clue what the organization was about....but they don't.

A third option is to keep working from within to try to bring about reform, where needed.

This is where this board is such a valuable venue for similarly concerned members to discuss these matters.

And, happily, those not interested in such subjects have their own option...read a different thread!