March 07 National Board Meeting Live Web Stream

Started by MIKE, March 02, 2007, 03:29:48 PM

MIKE

Some of the existing tapes don't fit as is now.
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

Jeez, they're clapping  for it.  No one had any issues except phasing it in.

So, we're more or less changing the name of our organization with only about 5 minutes discussion. 

Lets see how they vote on it.

Major Carrales

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 06:41:02 PM
US Civil Air Patrol???? TP is talking about using that on press releases and on BDU name tape.  BAD IDEA.  We already have enough problems with out identy. 

US Civil Air Patrol, looks like it would be a long phase in...someone suggested that it be rather a phase out of the old ones by proxy and attrition.

In theory a Uniform change away from BDUs would mitigate the extra expense.

Next item is for the Vice Commander to keep the Brig Gen rank upon leaving office and new BDUs transitioning to CAP.

Life membership for subchasers is a good idea and is up.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

ltcmark

I think most of the sub-chasers would be close to the 50 year mark now.  Don't you get a life membership with 50 years?

RiverAux

Assuming they stayed in CAP the entire time. 

Major Carrales

Quote from: mashcraft on March 03, 2007, 06:53:40 PM
I think most of the sub-chasers would be close to the 50 year mark now.  Don't you get a life membership with 50 years?

I wonder if they mean for all subchasers...even those that had not maintained their membership?

Commander
SWR-TX-454

arajca

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 06:41:02 PM
US Civil Air Patrol???? TP is talking about using that on press releases and on BDU name tape.  BAD IDEA.  We already have enough problems with out identy. 
I missed that. What was the justifaction for it?

CAPOfficer

What I heard was that he (TP) believes it makes us look and work as one team.  I guess we weren't a team before.

RiverAux

He didn't really provide a rational justification.  He said something about there being a CAP in Brazil using our seal, and then said having "US" in our name would distringuish us as the United State's CAP. 

I could go for US Air Force Auxiliary, but not US Civil Air Patrol.  It makes us sound like some of the crazy groups that pretend they're affililiated with DHS or a state government but which are actually private militia organizations.  Just doesn't sound credible and throws out a lot of name recognition that we have now. 

RiverAux

SKYKING607

I have 10 letters in my last name and it barely fits above my BDU pocket.  Count the letters on that bad boy!  I still like the CIVIL AIR PATROL tape.

(Old school fellow)
CAWG Career Captain

RiverAux

I just looked at mine and if you stuck 2 letters and 2 periods there would be about 1/8" left over on each side. 

arajca

RiverAux

yep.  Our Chief Master Sergeant is speaking about the NCO Initiative.

Major Carrales

Quote from: RiverAux on March 03, 2007, 07:44:06 PM
yep.  Our Chief Master Sergeant is speaking about the NCO Initiative.

He is laying out the framework for an NCO corps.

NCOs for the commanders to consolidate all the leadership training, military skills, uniform and drill/ceremonies and take it off the Wing CCs.  Other NCOs will serve as Squadron and Group version of the same.

He's asking for Region Commanders to start the process.  There is no apparatus for promotion.  It is not practical to creat CAP NCOs from CAP.

Can CAP advance its NCOs? The answer is no...at this time.  It would be difficult to create them...in the future...who knows.

Hoo-RAH!!!

The IG is giving a rundown of his work.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Smokey

More proof that TP hates being the AF Aux and wants to move away from it as far as possible.   As CAP he can have his designer clothes (yuck) and his kingdom.  As AF Aux he is not grand pubar.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

RiverAux

Looks like it just like having an enlisted advisor in each unit.  

Interesting, he's not interested in making it possible for NCOs to advance in CAP.  Maybe in the future.  

RiverAux

Hard to tell if BG Courter is wearing the AF or TPU as my color feed isn't great, but I think it is the AF uniform.  As someone who has been on the ragged edge of being legally able to wear the uniform myself, she doesn't seem as if she would meet the weight regulations.   

ColonelJack

My feed isn't much clearer, but Gen. Courter is wearing AF blues.

There are a couple of fellows there (can't identify them) who certainly shouldn't be in AF, due to weight ... but they are.  Pot bellies in an AF uniform just doesn't cut it.

Gen. Courter's okay.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

RiverAux

Earlier this morning I caught the tail end of a talk someone was giving that seemed to indicate that a redesign of the CAP webpage is in the offing.  :)