March 07 National Board Meeting Live Web Stream

Started by MIKE, March 02, 2007, 03:29:48 PM

LtCol White

Quote from: A.Member on March 02, 2007, 08:45:40 PM
Quote from: DNall on March 02, 2007, 08:40:15 PM
All of the comments seemed directed at Oplan, the Austalian sounding guy.  
Agreed.  There is obviously some issue there between the two...or at least in one direction.

Wonder if he will be taken away late tonight in one of those blacked out CAP Vans after the region party.  ::)
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

DNall

he's the one that put up that list of constitutional houskeeping changes that was floated over at CAPBlog  & only one of which made the cut for the meeting.

RiverAux

I sort of wish they posted parts of the web stream afterwards instead of only doing the live show.  Break it up into small bits for each agenda item so that you could view what was important to you. 

DNall

That would be nice, have them archived that way, and it would be nice if they left the mikes on during open discussion like they have done off & on before.

lordmonar

Quote from: A.Member on March 02, 2007, 07:41:48 PM
Quote from: DNall on March 02, 2007, 07:40:09 PM
Okay item 5... AFIADL testing, applies to PME only (SOS, ACSC, AWC; not stuff like safety, instructor, etc).... and it fails.
That vote kind of surprised me.  It made sense to pass it.

Would not matter because the USAF did not back it.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SarDragon

I thought USAF were the ones getting all huffy about testing security in the first place. Did I miss something?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DNall

CAP was huffy trying to prevent AF from being huffy, and that wa spretty effective. The exact policy spelled out here was shot down for logistics reasons. The alt was some extra careful rules for TCOs (two people proctor these tests), and I thnk you'll see something along those lines eventually.

CAPOfficer

Agenda Item #7 Passed; now it goes before the BOG for approval (change of constitution & Bylaws.

A.Member

Quote from: CAPOfficer on March 03, 2007, 04:28:29 AM
Agenda Item #7 Passed; now it goes before the BOG for approval (change of constitution & Bylaws.
What a crock.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

lordmonar

Quote from: SarDragon on March 03, 2007, 12:21:27 AM
I thought USAF were the ones getting all huffy about testing security in the first place. Did I miss something?

In the proposed agenda that went out a couple of weeks ago....the USAF did not concur with the proposed changes to AFDLI testing procedures.  My guess is that they do not want to drop the additional burden of the testing on to the base testing offices.

Either way.....it is up to the USAF to dectate how we take those tests...not CAP.  Even if the measure passed....the USAF would/could just ignore it.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

ZigZag911

Does anyone think there is a hope the BOG won't go along with changing CAP constitution to allow extending command terms?

DNall

They've tended to defer to NB on matters that concern member preference, and hesitated to mak eC*B changes w/o the NB weighing in first.... so I think they'll go along, and if the don't like it much there my put sme discussion in the record that it shouldn't be used much.

RiverAux

okay, I missed the intro, but why is the NB getting a presentation about Ghana?  Don't we have enough to deal with close to home?

SKYKING607

<<Am scratching my head on this one.  I would suspect that they (Ghana) will be expanding their IACE participation (?)
CAWG Career Captain

arajca

RiverAux

Okay, after the guy from Ghana finished talking, he gave MG Pineda a traditional warriors outfit which he put on over his TPU.  Everyone laughed a bit and he said,
"You laugh...another uniform change coming later".

Also heard him joking earlier about Vanguard being in the lobby with "fashion by Tony" to sell.

So, he has got a sense of humor about the TPU issue.

Tim Medeiros

anyone else catch what was said about the change of command stuff?  it was before the first break and a question from one of the NB members if I understood correctly
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

arajca

An interesting factoid - over 17,000 members were watching the feed. There probably were some non-members in this number, but I think it shows a great deal of interest by the rank and file in the goings-on of the NB.

RiverAux

He was joking about not having his bodyguards with him...  :)

RiverAux

US Civil Air Patrol???? TP is talking about using that on press releases and on BDU name tape.  BAD IDEA.  We already have enough problems with out identy.