Main Menu

Hypothetical Situation

Started by NIN, September 22, 2012, 01:33:53 AM

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on August 24, 2013, 03:59:29 PM
Quote from: BillB on August 24, 2013, 10:46:10 AM
Alot does not appear on eServices. My Cadet COP, National Commanders Citation for example. Both GRW did showup. My DD-214 shows no awards, including the National Defense Award. It also does not show the award of Air Crew Wings as a radio operator on C-54's even though there was a Squadron approval personnel order. (which I may still have a copy) As a reservist called to AD, at the time all promotions were temporary, I only made it to e-5, but the DD-214 only shows permenant grade, not temporary grade. Makes little differenceto me, since I didn't wear any military insignia/ribbons etc on a CAP uniform

Hey, you were shown your DD-214 during your discharge processing and were asked if it was correct before you initialed the consent boxes at the bottom.
If you knew it was wrong, why didn't you say something... ::)

That appears to be something that has been consistently applied only recently (last 20 years). It was as often ignored as accomplished, during reenlistments, WIWOAD. It didn't get much better before My Sweetie retired, although they were very thorough on her final one, at retirement.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BillB

PHall.  I wasn't shown the DD214 during out processing. And I don't think I initalled any form. Just handed the paperwork with the DD214 stuck in the middle of the forms and sent to Transportation for money for return trip home. I got the DD214 in the mail 2 months after discharge. But since this was 60 years ago, I don't remember exactly the chain of events. just happy to get out.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

PHall

Quote from: BillB on August 25, 2013, 12:38:15 PM
PHall.  I wasn't shown the DD214 during out processing. And I don't think I initalled any form. Just handed the paperwork with the DD214 stuck in the middle of the forms and sent to Transportation for money for return trip home. I got the DD214 in the mail 2 months after discharge. But since this was 60 years ago, I don't remember exactly the chain of events. just happy to get out.

No, you were shown it because you had to initial one of the boxes about which infomation to release.
But like you said, you're getting OUT and you were in a hurry and you weren't reading anything.

JK657

I voted for her every chance I could. I'm sad to see she didn't take home the prize but final four is nothing to be ashamed of. When this first all broke out I figured it'd be the last we heard of her, but then she pops up again with that BS story about the tattered American flag. I'm sure now that she will continue to show up occasionally with new claims, scams, etc.

a2capt

I hope there's sarcasm in there, or I'm just totally missing what the gist of "I voted for her every chance I could", because for the life of me, I can't figure out what there was to vote for, or by extension of the word, support.

She's a fake in most every sense except that she was (I hope, and not still is) a member with a unique CAP ID number.

PHall

Quote from: a2capt on August 25, 2013, 03:59:52 PM
I hope there's sarcasm in there, or I'm just totally missing what the gist of "I voted for her every chance I could", because for the life of me, I can't figure out what there was to vote for, or by extension of the word, support.

She's a fake in most every sense except that she was (I hope, and not still is) a member with a unique CAP ID number.

TAH had a vote for the worst stolen valour offender. It was run like the NCAA Basketball Tounament. She made it to the "Foulest Four".

a2capt

So the context was totally lost, I never saw that. I don't read that site in detail. Not trying to hide or bury the fakers, but it is kinda disgusting and depressing that they do seem be believable, to a portion of the population.

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on August 25, 2013, 03:03:07 PM

No, you were shown it because you had to initial one of the boxes about which infomation to release.
But like you said, you're getting OUT and you were in a hurry and you weren't reading anything.
I gotta go with Phil on this. I have four different DD214s, on three different versions of the form, dating back to 1966. All of them have a signature block.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on August 25, 2013, 07:59:24 PM

I gotta go with Phil on this. I have four different DD214s, on three different versions of the form, dating back to 1966. All of them have a signature block.

That you gotta sign or they won't release ya! ;)

MHC5096

However, my last DD-214 states, "Service Member Not Available For Signature" on it. This seems to be the practice now when there is a large demobilization.
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

PHall

Quote from: MHC5096 on August 26, 2013, 04:50:27 PM
However, my last DD-214 states, "Service Member Not Available For Signature" on it. This seems to be the practice now when there is a large demobilization.

Is it correct?  If it isn't, have fun going through the correction process. :(

NCRblues

Quote from: MHC5096 on August 26, 2013, 04:50:27 PM

That's what my 214 says, it came out of my medical board, six months later I have a bunch of 215s...
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

MHC5096

Everything was in fact correct. However, I've heard the horror stories about getting corrections from others.
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

SARDOC

Quote from: PHall on August 25, 2013, 08:36:20 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on August 25, 2013, 07:59:24 PM

That you gotta sign or they won't release ya! ;)

I had mine sent to me after I got out and in the signature block it read "SOLDIER NOT AVAILABLE FOR SIGNATURE"  So...I don't think that you have to sign it.  Just sayin'  Thanks

Private Investigator

Quote from: PHall on August 25, 2013, 05:48:23 PM
Quote from: a2capt on August 25, 2013, 03:59:52 PM

TAH had a vote for the worst stolen valour offender. It was run like the NCAA Basketball Tounament. She made it to the "Foulest Four".

Now that is funny regardless of where you live   8)