Main Menu

Hypothetical Situation

Started by NIN, September 22, 2012, 01:33:53 AM

ProdigalJim

Oh. Gawd.

This woman is like a bad lunch that keeps coming up...

And evidently her little "experience" in VAWG hasn't changed her mindset one bit. When will this end????
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Devil Doc

This is Horrible, now she will be forever known as having a Purple Heart because it is on the news. I think her lying about her service is worse than the Tattered Flag, atleast the Tattered flag respresents something real.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

ProdigalJim

Quote from: Devil Doc on April 12, 2013, 12:52:00 PM
This is Horrible, now she will be forever known as having a Purple Heart because it is on the news. I think her lying about her service is worse than the Tattered Flag, atleast the Tattered flag respresents something real.

Well, maybe not. Now that she got herself on TV in the Nation's Capitol, and got instantly flamed in the comments, my guess is someone will do a followup story pointing out her fakery to a much, much larger audience. She may have bit off more than she thought...
VAWG/CV

Devil Doc

Quote from: ProdigalJim on April 12, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
Quote from: Devil Doc on April 12, 2013, 12:52:00 PM

Well, maybe not. Now that she got herself on TV in the Nation's Capitol, and got instantly flamed in the comments, my guess is someone will do a followup story pointing out her fakery to a much, much larger audience. She may have bit off more than she thought...

Well True, but will they find her? I hope its gets busted wideopen.

Didnt you notice when they did the pan shot of the purple heart certificate, it did not show a name.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Майор Хаткевич

But in the end...the flag was still jacked up....

Stonewall

Quote from: Devil Doc on April 12, 2013, 02:01:37 PMDidnt you notice when they did the pan shot of the purple heart certificate, it did not show a name.

Even if it did show a name, it would be super easy to make a bogus certificate.  Heck, I could do that!
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Quote from: Stonewall on April 12, 2013, 02:10:54 PM
Quote from: Devil Doc on April 12, 2013, 02:01:37 PMDidnt you notice when they did the pan shot of the purple heart certificate, it did not show a name.

Even if it did show a name, it would be super easy to make a bogus certificate.  Heck, I could do that!

As sad as it is, you can buy fake military certificates online.  Got a few dollars to burn?  You can order a Purple Heart certificate, an Honorable Discharge certificate, and even a diploma from Harvard.  Doesn't make it legit.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Critical AOA

Actually diplomas from Harvard have been quite easy to obtain for some time.   >:D
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Devil Doc

Quote from: Pylon on April 12, 2013, 04:19:23 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on April 12, 2013, 02:10:54 PM

As sad as it is, you can buy fake military certificates online.  Got a few dollars to burn?  You can order a Purple Heart certificate, an Honorable Discharge certificate, and even a diploma from Harvard.  Doesn't make it legit.

Really? I never got my Honorable Disharge Certificate LOL. I was told I get it when my IRR Runs out, which is Sept 2013.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

NIN

This is absolute insanity.  Really?  I mean, didn't this person get outed in November? Now its six months later and we're still dealing with claims of derring-doo that could never actually have happened?

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

abdsp51

Quote from: NIN on April 12, 2013, 05:14:56 PM
This is absolute insanity.  Really?  I mean, didn't this person get outed in November? Now its six months later and we're still dealing with claims of derring-doo that could never actually have happened?

Sir, we will as long as people support her.  The news outlet was contacted in regards to the validity of her claims by some folks.  She seems to have a considerable defense from the folks in VA and that is just from what I read on another site.  All in all it stinks and this is as bad as someone running around with LE equipment in their car.

ol'fido

Guess someone figured it out at the station. The link is down now.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

abdsp51

Quote from: ol'fido on April 12, 2013, 07:10:57 PM
Guess someone figured it out at the station. The link is down now.

Result of god knows how many emails and or calls sent to the station about it?

JK657

The readers of TAH rallied and began flooding the news station with the REAL story on this lady. The news station has already interviewed John, the main man over on TAH and a follow up story is set up for tomorrow to expose her lies.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

ProdigalJim

Quote from: NIN on April 13, 2013, 02:16:34 AM
http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/254213/158/VA-Woman-Caught-Lying-About-Her-Military-Service

to borrow a line from Top Gun:

"That'll about cover the flyby."

"What's the name of that truck-driving school, TruckMaster, I think it is? We might need that..."

Important Safety Tip: If you're going to pose, DON'T DO IT ON TV IN A MAJOR MARKET WITH MILLIONS OF VIEWERS!  8)
VAWG/CV

PHall

Quote from: ProdigalJim on April 13, 2013, 02:41:46 AM
Quote from: NIN on April 13, 2013, 02:16:34 AM
http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/254213/158/VA-Woman-Caught-Lying-About-Her-Military-Service

to borrow a line from Top Gun:

"That'll about cover the flyby."

"What's the name of that truck-driving school, TruckMaster, I think it is? We might need that..."

Important Safety Tip: If you're going to pose, DON'T DO IT ON TV IN A MAJOR MARKET WITH MILLIONS OF VIEWERS!  8)

"And get caught!".

And that reporter is not a happy camper anymore. Probably got her butt handed to her by the boss for not fact checking her story before it aired.
You know, your basic Journalism 101 stuff.

ProdigalJim

Quote from: PHall on April 13, 2013, 02:49:10 AM

"And get caught!".

And that reporter is not a happy camper anymore. Probably got her butt handed to her by the boss for not fact checking her story before it aired.
You know, your basic Journalism 101 stuff.

If she *has* a boss, at least a senior journalist-type boss. Cutbacks in the business are so steep that editors, copyeditors, fact-checkers and the like are considered "quaint" by the bean-counters that run newsrooms these days. Believe me, I know...  >:(
VAWG/CV

a2capt

Read the comments on TAH, too. I suspect there's going to be a little friction at VAWG HQ .. ;)