Main Menu

Hypothetical Situation

Started by NIN, September 22, 2012, 01:33:53 AM

a2capt

Well, if one got 2B'ed properly, wouldn't that clash at NHQ?

lordmonar

Quote from: a2capt on February 22, 2013, 05:42:29 AM
Well, if one got 2B'ed properly, wouldn't that clash at NHQ?
Evidently they let her resign in leu of a 2b.   However.....I also understand that NHQ is watching for her application.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Stonewall

There are some people that, no matter what proof you place in front of them, will refuse to believe someone did something wrong.  In this case, our former member from VAWG, likely has friends in FLWG who believe "oh, it was just a misunderstanding because they lost her certificate to OCS."

The fact is, FOIA requests and the information contained in them are GOSPEL.  If you say you have a purple heart, but the documentation provided says otherwise, well then, you better figure something out.

After seeing the website for this person and learning she's claiming that she got shot down or crashed in Iraq as a Blackhawk pilot, I asked my close CLOSE friend about it; showing him the site via the link.  By close friend, I mean, we grew up together since playing soccer at age 7, then were in CAP together.  He's at Ft. Rucker and is responsible for investigating downed helicopter incidents in Iraq.  There was one significant crash of a female pilot in Iraq, Tammy Duckworth, but other than that, none with the name given in the "This Ain't Hell" website..

For someone that flaunted their experiences and qualifications so much, she never once posted a single picture of her graduating flight school, in a flight suit, in an officer's uniform, getting promoted, graduating from OCS...NOTHING.  She talked about it ALL THE TIME, but provided NOTHING to confirm it...NOTHING. 
Serving since 1987.

The CyBorg is destroyed

If she resigned to avoid a 2B, as not a few have, depending on her mode of resignation (an actual letter of resignation v. just letting membership expire), how would National be able to flag her?  I had thought that action was (mostly) for people who've copped the boot from CAP.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

FlyTiger77

Quote from: CyBorg on February 22, 2013, 03:34:01 PM
If she resigned to avoid a 2B, as not a few have, depending on her mode of resignation (an actual letter of resignation v. just letting membership expire), how would National be able to flag her?  I had thought that action was (mostly) for people who've copped the boot from CAP.

The basis for denying her application would be that membership in CAP is a privilege and not a right. As long as the denial is not based on her being in a protected class (and being an alleged "Stolen Valor" perpetrator is not protected), NHQ doesn't have to approve her membership.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer (and don't even play one on TV); therefore, my legal interpretation is worth exactly what you paid for it.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

JK657

I believe Stonewall hit the nail on the head a few posts ago: Is it possible to get an award/medal and not have it on your DD214, sure. An AAM or maybe even an ARCOM. You'd have the paperwork for it and should have it IPERM'd.

Is it possible to have your DD214 say you're still a PFC Air Traffic Controller with only two years of service when are supposedly a CPT Blackhawk Pilot with a purple heart? Absolutely not. You get so much paperwork when you commission (orders for promotion to 2LT, 1LT and CPT, nice little certificate from the President, all the certs from OCS, flight school, etc)

I think it says something if she's allowed to come back in.

Rick-DEL

NIN

Quote from: JK657 on February 22, 2013, 05:25:20 PM
I think it says something if she's allowed to come back in.

Look, I was a lowly E-4 helicopter mechanic (admittedly, with two primary MOSs, a secondary, and a metric crap ton of OJT in 2 others) and I have a file folder an inch and a half thick with orders, certificates, pay records, flight physicals, documents about Warrant Officer Flight Training, etc.  I have a copy of every single piece of paper I ever got from the Army.   If the Army gave me something (pay, orders, medals, a black eye) it is in there.

Does it happen that people get pinned awards that never makes it into their record jacket?  Yep.  But I almost guarantee that sort of thing happens WAY less in the modern military (with email conversation chains, electronic request processes, document management, etc, even all the way out to Bob on the FOB or Joe at the combat OP) than it did when I was in during the 1980s.

I went to a course while I was in Korea on Cheju Island. I have the manual from the course, and a crap ton of photos and video from the experience. I am not sure I got a certificate.  But it wasn't like a formal school or something.  I can prove I was there with anecdotal info.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Bobble

The young lady seems to be pretty active on the FB CAP Discussion Group page, submitting a number of posting 'likes' and text responses four days ago.  I would have thought that one of the regulars over there would have called her out on her CAP status.  Heck, it appears she even has active CAP members as 'friends' on her FB page.

Hopefully her name and SSN have been flagged appropriately on e-Services.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

"Men WILL wear underpants."

RogueLeader

Quote from: Bobble on February 22, 2013, 06:19:53 PM
The young lady seems to be pretty active on the FB CAP Discussion Group page, submitting a number of posting 'likes' and text responses four days ago.  I would have thought that one of the regulars over there would have called her out on her CAP status.  Heck, it appears she even has active CAP members as 'friends' on her FB page.

Hopefully her name and SSN have been flagged appropriately on e-Services.
As one of her "friends" on FB, I was pretty dismayed when this blew up.  At the same time that I do not condone what she did; that doesn't mean I need to un-friend her, or that she is evil scum (YMMV).  I'm just as sinful as she is, so I extend her more grace than others.  I'm not sure how I feel about her coming back in.  If she is truly repentant about what she did; I have no objection.

BTW, you don't have to be a CAP Member to be on that FB page, or at least you didn't have to be.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Bobble

Sure, I understand that being a CAP member in good standing is not a requirement for participating in that FB discussion page, but to actually appoint her as an administrator?  YGB*KM.

Redacted promoted Michelle A. Tesla to admin.
February 9 at 7:40pm

Michelle A. Tesla Thanks, Redacted. Did you fix the other part? :)
February 9 at 7:40pm

Sorry, I'm just not as forgiving as you regarding her past behavior.  Her actions were not the result of chance or happenstance, they were deliberately conceived and implemented to deceive CAP and its members.

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 22, 2013, 06:26:54 PM
... that doesn't mean I need to un-friend her, or that she is evil scum (YMMV).

Yes, apparently my mileage is varying from yours.  By a significant amount.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

a2capt

Seriously, that basically to me tells me that the whole FB group is a farse.

I'd have a hard time swallowing anything from someone who's done similar stunts, been called out on it, and still offers up their opinion, version of a story, or whatever, to any conversation.

Sorry, but that's the way it is. Sure, we're not all perfect. I get that. Her actions were deliberate. What's to think that was all, what else is being hidden?

YGTB*KM is right.

JK657

Quote from: Bobble on February 22, 2013, 06:49:36 PM
Sorry, I'm just not as forgiving as you regarding her past behavior.  Her actions were not the result of chance or happenstance, they were deliberately conceived and implemented to deceive CAP and its members.

I don't know who I hold in more contempt:

People who steal valor who were never in the military at all or People who were in the Military and embellish their service.

Her claim absolutely disgusts me. The purple heart is an award for those who have shed blood and even died for our country. Towards the end of my deployment last year my unit lost a soldier. Do you know what his NOK was given? A purple heart and an ARCOM. That piece of metal means something and she doesn't just claim it like some drunk vet at the local VFW, no she wore it on her uniform. As far as claiming to be a Captain, I think about all the hard work I did to get a commission, it was a long, hard road. She wasn't 1LT promotable or a 2LT who got lost during land nav and got discharged... no, she was a PFC.

I hope Congress is able to pass the next version of the Stolen Valor act so that people who do this can be held accountable. Sorry just had to vent!

Devil Doc

You know what grinds my Gears!! Stolen Valor!!
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Bobble

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 22, 2013, 06:26:54 PM
As one of her "friends" on FB, I was pretty dismayed when this blew up.  At the same time that I do not condone what she did; that doesn't mean I need to un-friend her, or that she is evil scum (YMMV).  I'm just as sinful as she is, so I extend her more grace than others.  I'm not sure how I feel about her coming back in.  If she is truly repentant about what she did; I have no objection.

BTW, you don't have to be a CAP Member to be on that FB page, or at least you didn't have to be.

What's really bugging me about this is her actions after being publicized:

1) 'This Ain't He11' (TAH) posting that publicized her deliberate misrepresentation of her service history is dated 11/05/12, giving her full name as 'Chelle Lynn Anderson-Tesla', has a picture of her in her CAP uniform showing a nameplate engraved 'Anderson-Tesla', and included FOIA documents received from the DoD that show her legal given name as 'Chelle Lynn Anderson', the same name (not the name on her CAP uniform name plate) that shows on the screen capture (dated 11/13/12) of her personal FB page.

2) Cut & Paste from the FB CAP Discussion Group page today -

Michelle A. Tesla
Added by Redacted about 3 months ago

Three months ago. December 2012?  Late November 2012?

It sure looks to me like she wiped out her FB account soon after the junk hit the fan and then quickly opened another FB account under her current name, created by switching 'Chelle' for 'Michelle', eliminating her given middle name of 'Lynn', using her maiden surname (Anderson) as a middle initial and dropping the hyphenated surname, so that a web search of her current name wouldn't show the TAH posting.

Still trust her?  I wouldn't.  She's a genuine football bat as far as I'm concerned.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

Private Investigator

Quote from: CyBorg on February 22, 2013, 03:34:01 PM

Years ago we had a member whose membership expired because they sent in a bad check. Two months later, NHQ called me and asked if I wanted them to except his 'good' check. I knew he was a senior citizen with the outset of alzheimer's disease so I asked them to unflag his name.

So yes you can call Ms Parker after the person's membership expires and tell her not to accept it. Prior to expiration you will have to jump thru all the hoops. Also we 2B somebody once and 90 days later they attempted to reapply. i.e. instead of John Doe Smith, he attempted as J. Doe Smith.   

Spaceman3750

There is a checkbox on CAPF2b for voluntary resignation.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on February 24, 2013, 04:01:31 AM
There is a checkbox on CAPF2b for voluntary resignation.

I think we are talking about those people who do not want to leave, i.e. problem people. When you 2B somebody for insubordination they do not want to go peacefully.

Stonewall

One woman's fight in Front Royal, Va. to replace a tattered American flag

Looks like she's become famous.  Good for her.
Serving since 1987.

FlyTiger77

JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP