Main Menu

May 2012 NEC agenda

Started by keystone102, April 12, 2012, 12:59:16 PM

NCRblues

Quote from: Ned on April 23, 2012, 11:34:54 PM
Questions?

Yes, and I am genuinely confused about this one.

Is the boardsource report going to be released to the membership before everything is done?

I was under the impression that we were waiting on the BOG to come up with recommendations and once you had, we would get to see the report. So, is it now that we will not get to see the report?

I am not interested in seeing the recommendations; I am interested in seeing what an outside corporation thought of our structure. Was this even talked about or is it going to be held back until everything is completed and we will get to read it after?

I am not truing to stir anything up, I just am confused at the lack of the report being released.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Ned

We spent a fair amount of time this morning discussing the timing of the release of various things, including the BoardSource report.  We understand that there are many members, from senior leaders down to and including hard-working folks at the squadron who are interested in the report.  Not to mention the original NB Governance Committee recommendations, and their specific comments on the Boardsource recommendations.

And now, of course, the "official" BoG recommendations that we arrived at earlier today.

But after hearing from the BoG members with experience at the highest levels of AF management, we came to a solid consensus that it would be discourteous and unwise to release our recommendations publicly before we briefed the Secretary and received his feedback.  And that includes the supporting materials and specifically the BoardSource report.

FW

I have no problem with the BoG giving its reccomendatins to the SECAF before finalization.  It makes total sense.  However, Ned brings up some issues which, if you do your homework, may find the answers beforehand.  I suggest to those interested to read the SOW and Cooperative Agreement.  I would also suggest you read all AFI's regarding the relationship between the BoG, AF and, CAP.  I can't be certain, however, I think we're about to see some significant governance changes and, a well defined chain of authority between all the boards; along with the authority of the EX.