A disturbance in the force......

Started by sarmed1, February 04, 2012, 12:27:48 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on February 05, 2012, 05:15:39 AM
Sheesh are you guys bitter.

Why don't you try and do something about it? play their political game and do something good. Or form a petition.

Or you could storm the NB, NEC, and BoG meetings, and burn all of them at the stake, then replace them with CTers. >:D

1. Some of us are still smarting over the CSU...that wound will take a bit to heal.

2. Petition?  Who would care?

3. Pylon addressed that quite well.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Pylon on February 05, 2012, 05:24:05 AM
You'd probably be surprised to know that we already have members of the NB, BoG, and even the Uniform Committee who are members here. 

...and even they can't get uniform policy changed... bwahahaha...  >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

a2capt

The whole thing moves at a snails pace, and I'm convinced a snail would even beat it.
Yet, they respond that it's not because of animosity, or fear, of MaBlue towards us, and say it's simply because they have not asked.

What are they waiting for, the Big V to actually run out of stuff so they don't have to hear them whine like they probably did over the CSU sell off?

I do recall talking to the Vanguard rep at a wing conference back when they first did the deal, and the thing was all on that separate, osCommerce (opensource) shopping cart with hardly any pictures and marked up prices on the same stuff they sold for the Air Force, and just generally dreadful. (and I thank them for merging the products into their own site, actually ranking us up there with everything else they sell). the rep basically said that they were not used to selling uniform items as they only dealt in stuff that was regarded as one way merchandise. You know what the ribbon, medal, rank insignia are. Uniforms are a whole different deal. Fitting, sizes, modifications, etc.

Yes it's frustrating.

Yes, they probably feel that a lot of people were torqued by the whole barrage of TP US and other ICL's, some of which were rescinded by another ICL. But again, it seems like the "two year moratorium" was like 4 years ago.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Littleguy on February 05, 2012, 03:47:07 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on February 05, 2012, 05:11:43 AM
Quote from: jks19714 on February 05, 2012, 03:04:25 AM
And I think that the pink underwear would ensure that we were distinct from the other services.

Not acceptable.  It must be grey to pass muster.
But we need to make sure it is visible in low light. Maybe it could be reversible, and have the grey side be made of reflective material or have some velcro on it to slap on some reflective strips.

ANSI 2 Compliant slides.  8) >:D

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: a2capt on February 08, 2012, 06:55:37 PM
The whole thing moves at a snails pace, and I'm convinced a snail would even beat it.

My mother used to say "slower than molasses in January."  My dad used to say "slower than a constipated turtle."

Yet, they respond that it's not because of animosity, or fear, of MaBlue towards us, and say it's simply because they have not asked.

But they do not tell us why they have not asked, and when we ask, the answer is usually a permutation of "don't ask, just trust us."

What are they waiting for, the Big V to actually run out of stuff so they don't have to hear them whine like they probably did over the CSU sell off?

Curious: What would they be waiting for VG to run out of?  They don't have any CSU-specific stuff on their website any more.

Yes it's frustrating.

Yes, they probably feel that a lot of people were torqued by the whole barrage of TP US and other ICL's, some of which were rescinded by another ICL. But again, it seems like the "two year moratorium" was like 4 years ago.

"Frustrating" and "torqued off" are understatements, especially when the "rescind CSU" order came out of nowhere, with no reason given for killing a very popular uniform.

Even our respected friend Ned, God bless him, would only say that the different members probably all had differing reasons for voting it out...but none of them would volunteer any of the "reasons," except to trot out the tired broken record of "distinctiveness," which, to quote John Nance Garner, "isn't worth a bucket of warm spit."

I personally give little to no credence to this "moratorium" or that anything other than the status quo is even being considered: modified AF uniform (but with maybe even more grey) for those who can wear it, and looking like a mall cop/Realtor for those who can't/don't.

OK, maybe this thread belongs in "uniforms," but I think it goes beyond that.  It's about transparency and accountability from our leadership.

Even General Fogleman listened to the troops in the field when he partially rescinded the Tony McPeak uniform.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

NCRblues

Quote from: CyBorg on February 08, 2012, 07:37:53 PM

but none of them would volunteer any of the "reasons,"

It's about transparency and accountability from our leadership.

Well... according to the new CAPR 35-9 ~

" duties as all other members of the Board of Governors. These fiduciary duties to the organization include the duty of care, the duty of loyalty, the duty to avoid conflicts of interest, and the duty of confidentiality."

So... IMHO transparency is just a term used by NB/NEC/BOG to make us little peons feel better, with the pre thought that it will never happen, and can not ever happen.

Take the boardsource governance study for instance. Paid by member's dues and tax payer money... and its Feb 8th, and the BOG still has not even set a date in which to publish it.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC