Wreath Across America, Units Use of Profits?

Started by RADIOMAN015, October 22, 2011, 01:57:19 PM

RADIOMAN015

Interesting that "another" website mentions an alleged letter receive from a squadron commander complaining about National's push to sell Wreaths.

What I found interesting about the comments on that website was again should we as an organization profit off (take advantage of) the sadness associated with the death of someones loved one  :( ???  The analogy given was akin to selling raffle tickets at someones wake >:(.

Now personally, I don't feel that units should make a profit on this.   HOWEVER, I've changed my stance in that perhaps it should be revenue neutral in that at least it pays for the gas, food, & incidental expenses incurred by the units supporting this, and perhaps what's remaining after this could be donated to groups that support veterans, especially widows/children of deceased wartime related service men and women.

Others thoughts ???
RM       

lordmonar

It kills three birds with one stone.

1) It allows a way for people to show respect to their honored dead.
2) It allows the wreath company to make a profit and hire Americans. (does that count as two or just one?)
3) It allows CAP to make a few bucks off the deal.

Add the PR for CAP as a freebie.

Consider the alternitive........with out the WAA program then there would nothing.  CAP did not invent WAA, we just opted into it.  CAP is not the only organisation that supports and particpates in WAA.  When it comes right down to it WAA is just like Valintines's Day, Mother's day or Father's day...it is a "holiday" that was adopted by a company as a way to boost proffits.

There is nothing wrong with making a modest proffit off of people who want to honor their dead (if you think there is a problem with it....then you need to attack the Funeral Home industry long before you go after CAP and WAA!!!!!)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jimmydeanno

I had one mother who's child was buried in Arlington.  She bought one of the larger packages, BECAUSE we got a portion.  Her comment was, "I love my son, but what these kids do honors his sacrifice.  For me, the donation to these cadets pays back far more than a temporary wreath will."
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

whatevah

locking this... no point in entertaining drama from the tabloid site.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin