CAP Members' Input Sought on Corporate Governance

Started by Ned, October 06, 2011, 05:54:48 PM

NCRblues

Quote from: SARDOC on October 20, 2011, 08:10:18 PM
The Survey was flawed.  The scale was slanted to result in more favorable results.   I also focused on retention specifically membership benefits or incentives to participate.

I am usually the first one to cry foul on something like this, but want to explain your point of view?

P.S. Did anyone else notice that "wing staff" was not one of the options under your job in CAP? It went from region commander to wing commander to squadron and group staff.... wing staff members (arguable) are very important people. They keep the wheel going in the wing
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

SARDOC

Quote from: NCRblues on October 20, 2011, 08:14:30 PM
I am usually the first one to cry foul on something like this, but want to explain your point of view?

Sure on the scale for selecting the scale there was no Neutral category.  There were 6 Choices.

1.  Strongly Disagree
2. --
3. Agree
4. --
5. Strongly Agree
6. No Opinion

2 and 4 are assumed to fall in between the Printed Choices.   Making the Scale look more like this

1.  Strongly Disagree
2.  (Disagree)
3. Agree
4. (Mostly Agree)
5. Strongly Agree
6. No Opinion

This gives the respondent three selections for agree but only two for disagree.  This allows the surveyors a better chance to have a favorable chance to say that Most respondents "Agree" even though they may have been neutral not being a choice.  It's just bad form.

NCRblues

AH....gotcha

I did not really think of it like that until you pointed it out, but it does make sense.

jimmydeanno

I'm not overly concerned about not asking about the "closed loop system."  One would assume that a professional study on governance would notice that as one of the obvious results.  The membership inquiry was an add-on to the initial study, remember?  They aren't relying on the membership to tell them the election systems, criteria for corporate officer selection, who reports to who, etc.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Ned

FWIW, I was at NHQ today and was briefed that over 500 members asked to take part in the survey.  Hopefully everyone will follow through and complete the survey.

Ned Lee
Member, BoG

SARDOC

Quote from: Ned on October 20, 2011, 11:37:33 PM
FWIW, I was at NHQ today and was briefed that over 500 members asked to take part in the survey.  Hopefully everyone will follow through and complete the survey.

I was hoping the sample group was going to be smaller...it would have made my ridiculous rants become relevant to the study instead of just being dismissed as statistically indifferent.   >:D

JeffDG

Ned Lee
Member, BoG
Ned,

Any idea why the Wing Staff level of participation was omitted?  Oversight I presume.

SARDOC

Quote from: JeffDG on October 21, 2011, 12:18:25 AM
Any idea why the Wing Staff level of participation was omitted?  Oversight I presume.

I know I'm not Ned...but I'm guessing that it's because they outsourced the survey to an organization who isn't completely familiar with the structure and that the  CAP Program Manager  didn't review the survey well enough to catch it before they authorized the vendor to ship it.  Just a SWAG with the work I've done with surveys in the past.  Human error.  Shouldn't have an overall impact of the outcome of the study unless they weight certain people different.  With a Sample pool as small as ours I would hope they wouldn't do that.

arajca

So when do we get the survey link? I signed up before the deadline, got the email reply saying I was signed up, but I haven't seen the link.

I am checking my spam filters and junk mail folders already.

JeffDG

Quote from: SARDOC on October 21, 2011, 12:08:12 AM

I was hoping the sample group was going to be smaller...it would have made my ridiculous rants become relevant to the study instead of just being dismissed as statistically indifferent.   >:D
You did register multiple times, using the CAPIDs of all the apathetic members of your squadron, right? >:D

JeffDG

Quote from: arajca on October 21, 2011, 12:35:04 AM
So when do we get the survey link? I signed up before the deadline, got the email reply saying I was signed up, but I haven't seen the link.

I am checking my spam filters and junk mail folders already.

Here's the "From" headers from mine for your spam search:
from   ccarr@cap.gov CAPsurvey@boardsource.org
reply-to   CAPsurvey@boardsource.org

cap235629

Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

coudano

Quote from: cap235629 on October 21, 2011, 12:44:21 AM
mine came in an email from MG Carr

Well the display name was MG Carr
but the actual email address was boardsource

SARDOC

Quote from: JeffDG on October 21, 2011, 12:35:40 AM
[You did register multiple times, using the CAPIDs of all the apathetic members of your squadron, right? >:D

It depends on whose asking...not going to discuss it in a public forum.  I'm not sure what I'm going to with over 50 gmail addresses though  :)

Ned

Ned,

It is an oversight, probably as much mine as anyone's.  But as i understand it, the answers are not weighted by echelon of assignment, so it should not make a difference in the results.

Ned

NCRblues

Quote from: Ned on October 21, 2011, 03:05:49 AM

Ned,

It is an oversight, probably as much mine as anyone's.  But as i understand it, the answers are not weighted by echelon of assignment, so it should not make a difference in the results.

Ned

Ned = true overlord of cap  >:D

SARDOC

Quote from: NCRblues on October 21, 2011, 03:22:36 AM

It's just nice to know we have someone as dedicated as he is up there.  Thanks Ned.

exFlight Officer

Quote from: SARDOC on October 21, 2011, 04:14:34 AM
Quote from: NCRblues on October 21, 2011, 03:22:36 AM

It's just nice to know we have someone as dedicated as he is up there.  Thanks Ned.

:D :D 8) :D :D :clap:

CAP_truth

Received link yesterday from Gen. Carr. Took survey, took more than 15 minutes to answer questions.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

arajca