CAP Members' Input Sought on Corporate Governance

Started by Ned, October 06, 2011, 05:54:48 PM

JeffDG

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 07, 2011, 11:46:51 PM
Ok, since CAPNHQ is paying Boardsource to do this, why don't they make BoardSource handle the distribution?
Because they're consultants...

And as someone who's spent some time in the consulting world, they will charge you the same $250/hr* whether they're thinking or doing grunt work.  May as well pay someone on staff $30/hr to do as much of the initial grunt work as you can!

* Just a figure out of thin air...no idea what BoardSource is charging

a2capt

Quote from: JeffDG on October 09, 2011, 01:20:16 AMWhoever it is is doing some validation.
When I requested it, I included my CAPID and Charter # just to be complete, though the former gets you more than the latter. I figured I'd make it easy, and that they would be doing some validation, and was replied to by grade as well.

Rowan

Quote from: Ned on October 08, 2011, 12:01:35 AM
The system we came up with is not perfect, but will get the job done.  So far, it appears that everyone who has sent Gary and email has received a fairly prompt response.

I haven't gotten any response to the email I sent.

coudano

Quote from: Rowan on October 09, 2011, 09:10:03 AM
The system we came up with is not perfect, but will get the job done.  So far, it appears that everyone who has sent Gary and email has received a fairly prompt response.

did you send your email after about 4pm on friday?

Rowan

Quote from: coudano on October 09, 2011, 12:19:48 PM
Quote from: Rowan on October 09, 2011, 09:10:03 AM

did you send your email after about 4pm on friday?

Yes, later that evening, I believe.

DakRadz

What he was getting at is that you sent it after the work day, and week, was over.

NCRblues

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

I received my response from Mr. Schneider, but no link yet.

"That Others May Zoom"

Dad2-4

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on October 11, 2011, 07:54:36 PM
I received my response from Mr. Schneider, but no link yet.
Expect it next Monday morning.

JeffDG

Has anyone actually received this survey...the one that's due to be returned in 3 days?

I was joking about receiving it Monday, but that might just be what happens.

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

a2capt

"The survey will be available to you until October 16th". Really?

It's the 13th now. Sure, it only takes "15" minutes, they say - but it really takes a little longer, I'd appreciate being able to put some thought into it, not being given it at the last minute, jammed up against a deadline. Ah well.

Since in just about 24 hours I shove luggage in a car to go to the airport, the free time I have will be highly regulated by CAP for the next week... 

This kinda makes me wonder, if this is proving so "weird" to do, with a company that should be well experienced in this kind of thing, why such a hack method? Is it hard so they don't get many responses? Do they really *not* want them, just have to do it to placate and say "we did"?

If they had put that form inside of eServices, considering that practically any active member needs to have access to eServices, it would have darn near automated the authentication process.

Instead what we have here is one level up from the corny "CAP CARES" graphic, attempt-wise.

JeffDG

Quote from: a2capt on October 13, 2011, 02:44:16 PM

It's the 13th now. Sure, it only takes "15" minutes, they say - but it really takes a little longer, I'd appreciate being able to put some thought into it, not being given it at the last minute, jammed up against a deadline. Ah well.

Since in just about 24 hours I shove luggage in a car to go to the airport, the free time I have will be highly regulated by CAP for the next week... 

This kinda makes me wonder, if this is proving so "weird" to do, with a company that should be well experienced in this kind of thing, why such a hack method? Is it hard so they don't get many responses? Do they really *not* want them, just have to do it to placate and say "we did"?

If they had put that form inside of eServices, considering that practically any active member needs to have access to eServices, it would have darn near automated the authentication process.

Instead what we have here is one level up from the corny "CAP CARES" graphic, attempt-wise.

Well...and update.  I pinged the NHQ guy about the timeline, and he said that the 16th is the deadline to request the survey, not complete the survey.  He said Boardsource will send the surveys out once they have a complete listing.

davidsinn

Quote from: a2capt on October 13, 2011, 02:44:16 PM

Just got this back:

QuoteDavid,

16 October was the cutoff for submitting requests to participate in the survey.  Once the list of participants is complete BoardSource will send out the survey, via email.  I would expect it to go out early next week.

Best regards
Gary
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

KyCAP

just sent link to all Wing members through wing list server...
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

coudano

Quote from: KyCAP on October 16, 2011, 08:26:42 PM

we spammed senior members with level 3 and at least 5 years

JeffDG

Quote from: coudano on October 16, 2011, 11:06:52 PM

That's an excellent way to ensure a "selection bias" for "status quo"

davidsinn

Quote from: JeffDG on October 16, 2011, 11:27:29 PM

That's an excellent way to ensure a "selection bias" for "status quo"

In this particular LVL3/5 year member's case I'm against the status quo.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Why wouldn't you just hit the "ALL"?

"That Others May Zoom"