"Red Dawn" gone politically correct!

Started by Major Lord, April 03, 2011, 08:32:03 PM

Major Lord

I am sure many generations of Cadets and Seniors grew up with the movie "Red Dawn" as one of their favorite and most formative movies. Since the Russkies have (ostensibly) gotten out of the World Domination business, they planned a remake of the original movie, substituting the CHICOMS for the Rusikey's and Cubanos in the original film. Turns out the producers were afraid of offending the CHICOMS ( and limiting film distribution) These are dark days indeed......North Korea is now the bad guy. A North Korean expeditionary force would not survive their first encounter with the LAPD....

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=282053

Major Lord
Wolverines!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

RiverAux

You forget that the dreaded Nicaraguan Army pushed up from the south and took much of the US....

Major Lord

How could I forget the Nicaraguan Army? They murdered pretty much everyone on my Mothers' side of the family. ( Yes, I am pretty pissed of at commies in general) I wonder if the U.S. Border Patrol would notice (or care) that thousands of illegal North Koreans were coming across our Southern Border? My guess is that any North Korean infiltrators would make it about as far as San Diego before asking for asylum, welfare, in-state tuition, and a low interest home loan......

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

MIKE

Obviously you haven't been playing HOMEFRONT. 
Mike Johnston

Major Lord

Quote from: MIKE on April 03, 2011, 08:52:03 PM
Obviously you haven't been playing HOMEFRONT.

I don't listen to "hip-hop"..... :)

Major lord

ol'fido

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

NIN

North Koreans or not, I just wish they'd release the darn thing. They shot it over a year ago.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

a2capt

The Pacific nuclear research facility still denies that a case of plutonium was stolen from their vaults...

wuzafuzz

Why don't they just let Charlie Sheen revisit Red Dawn?  He was in the original.  Now he has tiger blood and he's "winning!"  We wouldn't stand a chance.   >:D
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

caphornbuckle

Is anything sacred?  Does Hollywood not have an imagination of their own anymore?

I guess it's just an easy way to make money...too many remakes!
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

Major Carrales

Quote from: caphornbuckle on April 03, 2011, 11:13:51 PM
Is anything sacred?  Does Hollywood not have an imagination of their own anymore?

I guess it's just an easy way to make money...too many remakes!

I agree and have been making this point for a while.  Almost everything is a remake...Lost in Space, Star Trek, War of the Worlds, Manchurian Candidate, Dukes of Hazard, Planet of the Apes, The Day the Earth Stood Still...to just name a few.

Plus, they screw them up trying to make them more "hip" and grafting some political or social agenda or message on them whether they fit or not.  Don't mind a film with a message if it is an "ORIGINAL story or it its subtle, but when it comes off like an envelope with a "stamp" larger than it...its is more annoying. 
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

jks19714

One sniff of kimchi and LAPD would be running for the hills!  It would be interesting to watch the Koreans in East LA, though they would be outgunned for sure.  >:D
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Major Carrales on April 03, 2011, 11:19:41 PM
I agree and have been making this point for a while.  Almost everything is a remake...Lost in Space, Star Trek, War of the Worlds, Manchurian Candidate, Dukes of Hazard, Planet of the Apes, The Day the Earth Stood Still...to just name a few.

And most of them SUCK.

The "reboot" of Star Trek was actually pretty good, because it completely departed from the existing storyline.  It kind of made a juvenile delinquent out of James T. Kirk, and showed that Mr. Spock really didn't like him too well at first.

I was a teenager when the original Red Dawn came out.  It's kind of looked at as hokey by the younger set today, but it showed a reality (the USSR) that existed at the time, as did "The Day After."  Let's hope the creative genii in Hollyweird don't try to remake THAT.

North Koreans?  Please.  Most of them would probably defect once they saw that they could actually get something to EAT here.  Not to mention that their armed forces are operating equipment that can best be described as "antique."
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: RiverAux on April 03, 2011, 08:33:23 PM
You forget that the dreaded Nicaraguan Army pushed up from the south and took much of the US....

And Cubans.  One of my favourite characters in the original film was the Cuban Colonel who ends up disillusioned with the whole bit.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

wuzafuzz

Quote from: CyBorg on April 04, 2011, 12:19:01 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on April 03, 2011, 11:19:41 PM

And most of them SUCK.

The "reboot" of Star Trek was actually pretty good, because it completely departed from the existing storyline.  It kind of made a juvenile delinquent out of James T. Kirk, and showed that Mr. Spock really didn't like him too well at first.

I was a teenager when the original Red Dawn came out.  It's kind of looked at as hokey by the younger set today, but it showed a reality (the USSR) that existed at the time, as did "The Day After."  Let's hope the creative genii in Hollyweird don't try to remake THAT.

North Koreans?  Please.  Most of them would probably defect once they saw that they could actually get something to EAT here.  Not to mention that their armed forces are operating equipment that can best be described as "antique."
Remakes usually suck.  Although I thought the Battlestar Galactica reboot far surpassed the original.

I'm waiting for the CAP remake of "24."  Jack Bauer will become a school crossing guard who spends his spare time as a CAP safety officer.  He will teach us how to avoid tripping over our own feet, how not to fall out of bed, and the importance of avoiding any semblance of calculated risk.  The famous clock ticking will be replaced by all of us looking at our watches and wondering when class is over.  ;-)
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Slim

Quote from: NIN on April 03, 2011, 09:51:48 PM
North Koreans or not, I just wish they'd release the darn thing. They shot it over a year ago.

You and me both.  Then again, some of it was filmed in your old 'hood, and some just down the street from my office.

Couple of guys I work with were hired as set medics for this movie.

Slim

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Smithsonia

I Live in Colorado. I am in the Civil Air Patrol. We've been fighting the Russians and Cubans for 25 years all alone over here. Hey thanks for the help, everybody.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Major Lord

Killing commies never goes out of style, but they are a protected species here in California ( Heck, most of the State Assembly have been card carrying members of the party) Can I get a non-resident hunting license for pinkos in Colorado? Is there a bag limit? Can we take their horns as trophies?

Major Lord